Thoughts on US Government Shutdown | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on US Government Shutdown

Same here. But I just don't hate anymore. Now, I just don't care.
Some times I wish I didn't, but I feel you there.

Caring is in my nature. Much to my discomfort at times. It's so strangely paradoxical to have the feeling of 'be kind to each other, or I will destroy you!'

If I were at my borrowing's end, does this mean I can now borrow more money like the government does that they don't have? In the meantime, can they sell my property at auction if I don't pay the taxes on time? Can they now take more money from Social Security benefits to pay their other endeavors? I'd need a drink to continue. We have been sheared like sheep. Lied to like elephants. Stolen from at the stock market. Our country has been ruined.

... You probably think the national debt works like a credit card, don't you?

e: just to clarify, if you do, you're an idiot

Last edited:
Some times I wish I didn't, but I feel you there.

Caring is in my nature. Much to my discomfort at times. It's so strangely paradoxical to have the feeling of 'be kind to each other, or I will destroy you!'

Haha, Fe aux alright. Preserve the peace if you want to preserve your behind.

... You probably think the national debt works like a credit card, don't you?

e: just to clarify, if you do, you're an idiot

Calling someone an idiot is downright immature, you idiot!

If I were at my borrowing's end, does this mean I can now borrow more money like the government does that they don't have? In the meantime, can they sell my property at auction if I don't pay the taxes on time? Can they now take more money from Social Security benefits to pay their other endeavors? I'd need a drink to continue. We have been sheared like sheep. Lied to like elephants. Stolen from at the stock market. Our country has been ruined.

To explain this fairly, the government doesn't borrow money the same way you go to the bank and get a loan.

They sell debt in the form of securities. This is more analogous to the bank giving you interest as an incentive to store your money with them, which the bank will actually turn around and invest. Your money is not entirely 'safe' in the bank, they are using the money you give them, not merely holding it. This mainly works because they keep enough around to cover people who want their money back. What happens if the bank goes out of business though? Well, because of insurance (FDIC), you still get your money back, at least $250,000 of it anyway. However this hasn't happened of late.

This makes the government different because they have a demand to sell securities, since other entities want them. Your personal debt on the other hand is not necessarily wanted, which is why it can be hard to get a loan in many cases. Government doesn't have this problem because if their rating stays good, people are scrambling to get a piece of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SealHammer
Sensationcrazymediathing....why should the US go bankrupted, as i have understood it stands fo 20% of the worlds buying-power. Hence it`s in the elites interest to keep it running.
A depression that puts everything at a halt is not what people in leadership wants. It could even out the odds, maybe even put wrong people in charge.

Sensationcrazymediathing....why should the US go bankrupted, as i have understood it stands fo 20% of the worlds buying-power. Hence it`s in the elites interest to keep it running.
A depression that puts everything at a halt is not what people in leadership wants. It could even out the odds, maybe even put wrong people in charge.

Or it could, you know, lead to something like an economic collapse, in which case everyone loses.

Fuck the US government. We should all paint out faces like warriors and take it back to the roots for who gets to own the soil. That's the way it has been and that's how it always will be.

I've been living in the jungle for 8 months.

Yes and as everything is run now only workers loose. The majority of the people that is.

I'm pretty sure the value of the dollar is consistent across socioeconomic classes.