Thoughts on compatibility and the like? | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on compatibility and the like?

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
Okay, I had another question about this person I've been seeing a bit.

I was just thinking about the whole notion of compatibility, and what relation that has to the longevity of relationships working out? I've noticed that there's a lot of impetus put on specific unyielding factors but is it always the case? It's this this woman I met, we're both really similar and have a lot in common, and similar backgrounds and I think that's part of the reason we have a connection?

I don't think she's another Infp though, she seems kind of introverted but more quite then me, but I think we're fairly compatible temperament and interactions with each other and there's differences enough that make it exciting...

It's actually kind of weird because she's kind of a tomboy, and I think she's a T because she ignores her feelings a lot, but she's still quite individualistic and she likes metallica and stuff. She's drill very feminine though and not cold or unmoved by things...

I was wondering too, we'll, is looking for too much compatibility looking to be doomed? It feels like a must to me though...
It's kind of funny, but it actually reminds me of the relationship of Cloud and Tifa in ff7, lol.

Last edited:
It is a rather controversial subject, because MBTI and other typological theories can only take you so far. The best thing I can recommend is communication and working together. It can only help if both parties are committed to the relationship, and to the same degree. Compatibility, as proposed by socionics, isn't everything, but it does help develop your potential - in theory.

Certainly, there are INFJs completely comfortable with an ENFP, ENTP, or INTJ. It needn't be a dual relationship (ESTP, but of course, in your case it would be an ESTJ), in the end it depends on both your feelings for one another and not the compatibility of your types.

On another note, there are more likely issues to occur in (potential to utterly) incompatible types, but I don't think people are really attracted to those, though there might be some way this might happen as well. It's an untested theory.