CosmicINFJ

Community Member
Nov 6, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5, 1 and 9
Dear INFJ
How comfortable are you with thinking out loud? Only with certain people? How about in written form? Blogging? Open Forums like this one? Do you censor yourself? Suppress? Edit? Delete? Have you grown more accustomed to thinking out loud? Any stories?
Thank you.

I always hate the awkwardness inside me whenever I get caught wondering if I just thought it, or said it. Especially when someone in the room looks at me timely with a blank expression on their face. Because its usually but not always, something rude. So I hold their glare for as long as I can prize any kind of a clue from them. This is never helped by the awkward silence that follows.

So I've settled on , if the person doesn't move away from me or hits me in the face, then I thought it...

It's all very confusing.

However, I do prefer to think allowed when writing. It lets the reader and myself see the thought process.

How comfortable are you with thinking out loud? - not much.
How about in written form? Blogging? Open Forums like this one? Do you censor yourself? Suppress? Edit? Delete?
- i have moments when i just talk/type--not think and then later be horrified that i have to tell that.. i have a blog but it's more of to inspire. yes i do suppress -- because i dont want to get into trouble. here, i answer but most times i stop and delete. it just feels wrong. for an infj i am bad with expressing myself in words. i think i am far more better in arts. :)

Reactions: CosmicINFJ
I always hate the awkwardness inside me whenever I get caught wondering if I just thought it, or said it.

This happens to me sometimes, when I am engaged in conversation but simultaneously reading someones mind, or if there is a flow of non verbal conversation occurring. Perhaps because I feel comfortable enough with the person to let down my barriers and function in an altered state.

How comfortable are you with thinking out loud? - not much.
How about in written form? Blogging? Open Forums like this one? Do you censor yourself? Suppress? Edit? Delete?
- i have moments when i just talk/type--not think and then later be horrified that i have to tell that.. i have a blog but it's more of to inspire. yes i do suppress -- because i dont want to get into trouble. here, i answer but most times i stop and delete. it just feels wrong. for an infj i am bad with expressing myself in words. i think i am far more better in arts. :)
Bellisima - Do your test results ever indicate INFP? My results are almost always INFJ, but I have tested as INFP once. Given the right setting circumstances I could probably adopt artistic expression as my preferred medium. The way that I have built my life, it demands so much of my attention though. I try not to feel pulled in too many directions.

Last edited:
Reactions: James and Bellosome
Bellisima - Do your test results ever indicate INFP? My results are almost always INFJ, but I have tested as INFP once. Given the right setting circumstances I could probably adopt artistic expression as my preferred medium. The way that I have built my life, it demands so much of my attention though. I try not to feel pulled in too many directions.

i have taken multiple times. it was always either infj or intj. once an infp (there's a thread here that has a test if you are infj or infp my result was infp) reading all results online and on here, i am more infj but i grew up with extrovert thinkers and artisans so that probably made the tweak. :)

I think out loud all the time. I usually write it out or talk it out. Expressing myself helps me understand what it is that I'm feeling or thinking rather than just thinking/feeling it in the privacy of my own mind.

When I write, I delete and edit because I'm a perfectionist and I aim for clarity---especially if I know someone is going to be reading it, but also for myself because I like to come back and review what I've written.

I sometimes lack a filter when I talk to people, so I do try and make a conscious effort to limit how much I say and what I say to certain people until I've built up some trust with them.

I think out loud all the time. I usually write it out or talk it out. Expressing myself helps me understand what it is that I'm feeling or thinking rather than just thinking/feeling it in the privacy of my own mind.

When I write, I delete and edit because I'm a perfectionist and I aim for clarity---especially if I know someone is going to be reading it, but also for myself because I like to come back and review what I've written.

I sometimes lack a filter when I talk to people, so I do try and make a conscious effort to limit how much I say and what I say to certain people until I've built up some trust with them.
I'm the very same. There is a 24/7 Edit loop in my head. I edit my words so much I sometimes end up with nothing to say at all.