Theory of Correspondent Inferences | INFJ Forum

Theory of Correspondent Inferences

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Theory of Correspondent Inferences is a social psychology theory: Here is a brief description

Definition: A social psychology theory that suggest we infer that other people's actions correspond to their underlying personality and disposition. It is often used when people make choices that we see as unexpected. In order to explain the behavior, we presume that it is due to internal factors.

http://psychology.about.com/od/tindex/g/correspondinf.htm

Seems closely related to attribution theory.

Question, do you think this is common, and how is this perception demonstrated irl and on the forum?

Yes, it is common. Different person have different personalities. So it is obvious they will respond to action in their manner. May happen they responded right and we did not like it. If they are not mature and we are, in this case, we see their opinion or behavior as unexpected.

Sorry i am not good with short forms. I don't know, why? what is the meaning of irl?

Yes, it is common. Different person have different personalities. So it is obvious they will respond to action in their manner. May happen they responded right and we did not like it. If they are not mature and we are, in this case, we see their opinion or behavior as unexpected.

Sorry i am not good with short forms. I don't know, why? what is the meaning of irl?

irl = in real life

i think, it is right comment. It depends on their personality. It also depends in what environment they are brought up. Their background and their relationships. Their thinking towards difficulty. Their attitude, capacity to trust, many things we can count on. Their experience and knowledge counts a lot.