The Time Traveler's Wife (movie)

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
The Time Traveler's Wife (movie)

What did you guys think?

I really liked that movie. The mixture of possibility and reality was pretty interesting.

I think it sucked. I adored the book....it's not my usual kind of book, but I really loved it. The characters were fun and quirky and the relationship between Claire and Henry was really interesting.

Then, came the movie. They edited all of the interesting bit out and made the charachters boring and two dimensional the story being almost completely unrecognisable from the book.

I bought it and gave it away.

Don't hold back now [MENTION=5297]Neverwhere[/MENTION]. Tell us how you really feel :becky:. I didn't read the book so I don't have a reference point for that. I've heard a lot of people say that many movies aren't as good as the books. I read mostly technical and how to books, so I wouldn't know. I just think the whole idea of time travel is fascinating and I'm a sucker for cheesy romantic flicks :love:. What'd you think of the Butterfly Effect?

I loved both book and film (read the book first) Usually I HATE the film after loving the book, so this one surprised me. Its an ultimate tear-jerker for me (although I am one for tears) which, in my eyes, makes it a great film. I love being moved by stuff- I know.. strange.

I'm not sure what caused me to pick up the book, but I did and I really liked it. When the movie came out I don't remember feeling too disappointed. I don't think I expected that much from the movie to be left feeling disappointed. I cried. Felt good.