the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I hear all the time on the internet that the citizens (sheeple) of America need to 'wake up'. It seems inferred that this is a large number but I don't think so. I think just because we don't see the large crowd at a nazi rally doesn't mean people just somehow are ignorant. All these people are inside the house watching the news instead. We all know how fucked up it is, but what are you gonna do about it?

i guess my question is, if you think America needs to wake up then how many are "asleep"?

Unfortunately the sheeple are all to wake and make way to much noise.

what are you gonna do about it?

Probably the most important point to be made. So few people are doing anything "about it" which is the entire problem. You hear it being shouted on the internet's megaphone that everyone is an ignorant asshat sleeping away, when really they aren't ignorant, they are just trying to survive and live their life in a way that is satisfactory to them personally. Americans in particular though have become incredibly complacent with regards to political involvement and I think that is at the crux of a lot of it. Everyone doing the shouting also has their own personal agenda but I think more than anything they aspire to motivate people into some type of action. I forget the exact stats but in marketing it is exceedingly difficult to turn a message (shouting) into any sort of action from your audience (purchases, protests, production etc)

how many are "asleep"?

Everyone. Except me of course.

No but really, it's not that people are asleep, it's that they are apathetic. And in a lot of cases maybe rightly so.

What to do?
Participate in the democratic process, and try not to act too butthurt if it doesn't go your way.

What to do?
Participate in the democratic process, and try not to act too butthurt if it doesn't go your way.

If your candidate doesnt win, I feel like you should act very butthurt. If you truly think trump is a bad choice then you should probably riot.

I think its a pipe dream to believe there are people more aware that have not spoken up.
Those that think far out number in the negative to those who dont.

I think if there is any proof in Devine intervention it can be seen in humanities continued existence.

Relevant Rant

[video=youtube;JTfz79mp9sA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfz79mp9sA[/video]

The Internet -- a blessing and a curse.

A curse in the sense that it is for the most a giant echo chamber which amplifies radical beliefs. Yes we have access to a lot of information, but what about about the quality of that information? Are sources verified? Are even basic facts checked? In my experience the answer is no. The other issue is the crackpots people who actually subscribe to theories that have no validity from the Flat Earth society to neo Nazis like the Stormfront crowd, they are out there and they are on-line. These radical ideologies are being exploited by those in power. People are looking for simple answers now and want scapegoats demanding instant fixes to all their problems.

A blessing in the sense that there are fewer places to hide. Information is becoming unearthed and people are beginning to understand how the powerful and rich maintain control. Look at the Panama Paper and Wikileaks. This has the potential to give birth to a new democracy where the people have a great say in the way things are run. The lack of transparency and lack of accountability in institutions is no longer tolerated. The issue is engagement, and how the resources will be harnessed for the greater good. The end goal must be a more fair, more equitable, and more inclusive society.

The Internet -- a blessing and a curse.

A curse in the sense that it is for the most a giant echo chamber which amplifies radical beliefs. Yes we have access to a lot of information, but what about about the quality of that information? Are sources verified? Are even basic facts checked? In my experience the answer is no. The other issue is the crackpots people who actually subscribe to theories that have no validity from the Flat Earth society to neo Nazis like the Stormfront crowd, they are out there and they are on-line. These radical ideologies are being exploited by those in power. People are looking for simple answers now and want scapegoats demanding instant fixes to all their problems.

A blessing in the sense that there are fewer places to hide. Information is becoming unearthed and people are beginning to understand how the powerful and rich maintain control. Look at the Panama Paper and Wikileaks. This has the potential to give birth to a new democracy where the people have a great say in the way things are run. The lack of transparency and lack of accountability in institutions is no longer tolerated. The issue is engagement, and how the resources will be harnessed for the greater good. The end goal must be a more fair, more equitable, and more inclusive society.

Im really glad you posted this but at the same time my jaw is open at the end of it. Its almost like you are poki the lion telling it you know it can eat you.

In the US, people assume things will "be OK" so they don't get involved. It is a bit like US citizens are kids, expecting the "parents" to figure it all out for them. It is naive.

After looking at houses in rural areas, I wouldn't assume everyone is 'awake because they have access to the internet'. The majority of properties we have looked at have zero internet and sometimes no cell service, either. Now we have to ask realtors if there is internet before we look at a place. They often say 'no'.
A friend in Oregon recently told me he can't get many Playstation games because he has no internet or cell service at home.
My dad lives in a rural area during the summer, and his internet access is as slow as old dial up, but he has it. It is barely worth it to go online, and we can't watch videos online at his place. Urban life is zooming ahead with technology, but a lot of rural areas don't even have the basics.
That means people get the majority of their information from TV, radio, and local newspapers and cannot search for information independently. :(

Im really glad you posted this but at the same time my jaw is open at the end of it. Its almost like you are poki the lion telling it you know it can eat you.

I've really come to the conclusion that few people care what I think and a single individual's opinion is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.