anarkandi

Community Member
Feb 1, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRq0zbDLV14&feature=player_embedded

Hey, I'm Erik. Working with Physiognomy. I'd just like to tell people about the Motus project. We're a bunch of typology interested people, and we've just released a preview for our Motus project. I thought it could be interesting for you guys, and If you have criticism or feedback, that would also be cool. ^_^

The Motus project basically exists to map out human body language and see how it relates to cognition, and it's a side project of perhaps many other projects to come, we for example are also looking over the possibility of getting our hands on MRI-scanners.

Reactions: Quiet
Even though I find the content interesting, I also find it pointless. I don't mean to sound harsh when I say that. I just have a difficult time relating how or why all this research would benefit society. Is this done purely out of the curiosity of the developer or is it for something greater?

Even though I find the content interesting, I also find it pointless. I don't mean to sound harsh when I say that. I just have a difficult time relating how or why all this research would benefit society. Is this done purely out of the curiosity of the developer or is it for something greater?

Well, we wouldn't spend so much time on it if we didn't see the potential. Basically, my ideas are that the being able to empirically establish the existance of cognitive functions in humans, will make it much easier to being able to understand how they operate, and how they differ from each others, and later on, moving on to neuroscience, will also be greatly helpful in this. It will make typology into something better than it is today, sharper on the edges, and with a clearer understanding of what types are. I think this will help us understand many things about ourselves and others around us. It will make reading others easier, and bridge for a greater understanding of others, because when you read and see a person, truly, and not just stand there with your assumptions and stereotypes on them, you feel a greater sense of understanding and acceptance for one another. My goal is to make the world more peaceful, and I think this research might help.

I also think this will help us understand education, answer the question which psychology has been asking about "if there is a personality"? and that it will help us understand mental disorders and dysfunctioning in others, so that we can help people more. It might be able to understand how drugs affect our cognition and behavior, and help us in that sense, and yeah.. the potentials are limitless.
:m096: