The key to living past 100 | INFJ Forum

The key to living past 100

La Sagna

I did it! I'm a butterfly!
Oct 27, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Here's an interesting article about clues as to why some people live to be very old:

http://www.thestar.com/life/2014/05/05/blood_from_worlds_oldest_woman_offers_longevity_clues.html

I found this part very interesting:

In the email interview, Holstege also said people who live past 100 tend to have a common character trait: forgiveness.
“They say that when something bad happens, they focus on something positive, so that they don’t allow negative things that occur to have an impact on them,” Holstege said. “To what extent such an attitude extends life remains to be seen, but it is something that I find unites these persons.”

I guess that's why my husband's grandfather died at 99, he was an ornery old bugger so I guess he couldn't get over to the past 100 group :).

I suspect thats why I almost died 4 years ago and why I will have a short life span. Some people I will never forgive and I have never even met them in person. Many politicians come to mind.

I suspect thats why I almost died 4 years ago and why I will have a short life span. Some people I will never forgive and I have never even met them in person. Many politicians come to mind.

I think that it depends what character the whole forgiveness/unforgiving nature takes, I mean there are people who I have not forgiven but it does not take up much of my thinking or focus, I just know that if the opportunity arises I will kill those people or make them suffer or exact a price for their perfidious mendacity, they will rue the day etc. etc.

Although it is not all consuming etc. and to most intents and purposes it may appear like I have forgiven and forgotten but that is not the case and I dont care too much about that. The people who know that I may wish to avenge myself upon them have to think about it and worry about it, not me and I've not done anything to anyone which would make them wish for revenge upon me so I have no worries.

I am interested in longevity though.

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

- Chuck Palahniuk

Last edited: