The INFJ Superhero Game | INFJ Forum

The INFJ Superhero Game

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
Here's an imagination exercise that might be quite fun, but the rules are a little complicated.

1. Design and Post your Set of Super Powers. (You will have to use these powers for the entire exercise, so choose wisely. Guidelines for designing them are below.)
2. Post scenarios where things have gone wrong. (This is the set up, like a bank robbery, natural disaster, cat in a tree, etc.)
3. Post how you would use your Set of Super Powers to help in the scenarios presented.

The goal of this game is to provide the other players with interesting scenarios, while using the scenarios other players create to exercise your imagination. (It will be bad form to solve your own scenario. Leave them for other players, but any scenario can be undertaken by as many players as want to solve it.)

What would your set of powers be, if you could choose any set of powers to be a superhero?

Your powers should only be moderately powerful. The less powerful they are, the more creative you will have to be in the scenarios to solve them, so you're setting yourself up for more fun by making your powers less powerful.

So, that’s the Superhero imagination exercise game… design your super power set, offer scenarios, and then frequently return to this thread to describe how you use your powers to make the world a better place.

Last edited:
People using black earth or dark inferno are gonna have a hard time reading this... D:

In order to be a proper superhero (or villain) you should have an attack power, a defense power, a movement power, and at least one utility power. Ideally all of these powers should be related.

Examples:
Batman - (Robin, Batgirl, and pretty much the whole Gotham Bat Horde)
Attack Power: Martial Arts and Batweapons
Defense Power: Superior Reflexes, Situational Awareness, Athletics and Martial Arts
Movement Power: Swing line, batmobile, batplane, bat bike, etc.
Utility Power: utility belt, and detective skills

Ironman - (War Machine, Pepperbot, and pretty much the whole Stark Suit Horde)
Attack Power: Various Weapons Systems
Defense Power: Armor Suit
Movement Power: Jets
Utility Power: Onboard AI and Scanners

Professor X
Attack Power: Mind Control (You're now terrified of me)
Defense Power: Mind Control (Hold still)
Movement Power: Mind Control (Take me where I want to go)
Utility Power: Mind Reading and Telepathic Scanning

Thor - (and pretty much any of the Asgardians)
Attack Power: Super strength, Magic Hammer, Lightning Bolts
Defense Power: Magical Armor, Supernatural Toughness, Hammer Shield
Movement Power: Stop. Hammerflight.
Utility Power: Hammer Tricks

Wolverine
Attack Power: CLAWS BEOTCH! SNIKITY SNIKT!!
Defense Power: Ridiculous Regeneration
Movement Power: I bet you thought you got me on this one... Climbing and cutting through walls!
Utility Power: Animal Keen Senses

Okay... you get the point. Superheroes, competent ones anyway (seriously, Cyclops is not a Superhero. He's a hero with a mutant power) have a set of powers, not just one.

When designing your powers, here are some guidelines that will help the exercise be fun and still challenging.

Attack Powers: Shouldn't be more powerful than the equivalent of a gun, being able to lift a car, or spreading the effectiveness to affect an area more than say a 10 meter radius, etc.

Defense Powers: Shouldn't be more powerful than real world martial arts, very strong real world armor, moderately quick regeneration, etc. Just powerful enough to be a good match for the strength of the attacks mentioned above.

Movement Powers: Shouldn't be faster than a real world car or motorcycle, so about 100 miles per hour (225 kph).

Utility Powers: These shouldn

Last edited: