The INFJ/4 wing combination | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The INFJ/4 wing combination

I think people all connect for a certain 'purpose' I don't know if it is to do with their Enneagram type but maybe it is. I think almost everyone does it. I would love to connect with people just because they are where I am at a particular time and space with no other agenda. How could that be though? - the fact that we are in that space suggests we have something in common (perhaps a purpose even if only what we hope to gain from the space we are in). If we communicate with the other person it is because we want to connect with them (a purpose) there may also be a reason for the 'purpose' and so it goes on and on....

I want to be free to connect with whoever, whenever I wish but life gets in the way and it is necessary to form relationships with work colleagues (so life at work isn't terrible), connections with those in other organisations (networking to help with the job at hand), family and extended family (because they are there), interest groups (because I can feel connected to them around the interest). This type of thinking always makes me realise I 'think too much ..." (heard that so many times before). Still yearning for a connection that is 'just because you are there and I want to know you' but don't know if it can be when we are earthbound and limited by time, responsibilities and commitments.

Reactions: grt$5vb
ragnarkisten,

e4: the central theme, according to c. naranjo, is: love me because i suffer. this is not a conscient move. why do i suffer? because life has not equipped me with the things which are necessary to have a fullfilled life. others have more of it. furthermore, e4 lives by the principle: i feel intensely, therefore i am.

e5: in order no to be overwhelmed by others, by energies, by feelings, i hold back and take refuge in my inner world.

if you combine this with the typical INFJs "everythings possible" and "there's no solid ground under my feet" and "my intuitions drive me where nobody has gone before, yet i don't know what it is...", then everything you stated in your opening statement becomes obvious. it's like a consequence of it.

what you say i quite familiar to me. e-wise, i'm 3w4, trifix 3-5-9 -, INFJ - because of this combination, many consider me as a 4w5.