the Good and the Bad | INFJ Forum

the Good and the Bad

Aug 5, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
It is said that INFJs have the inate ability to see the good in people, and that one reason we are introverts is because of the knowledge we have of the treachery that lay within the hearts of others scares us. (I know that, for me, this is true) And while it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's not always good either. This cautiousness protects our hearts, it is one of our walls, but that isolation can cause people to look down on us. Some people find us strange and they think less of us for that.

But not all are like that.

In this thead, I'd like people to respond with one bad thing that someone has said or done to or about you, and one good thing that someone, stranger or otherwise, has said or done.

I'll start:

Bad-A friend of mine ditched me to go talk with someone else they know, someone I don't like that was already surrounded by other people. My friend left me alone for a crowd, which she knew I wouldn't follow her into, and I ende dup walking home alone.

Good-When engaged in a street Pickup game of basketball with a friend of mine, her boyfriend, and a bunch of his guy friends, I kept getting (literally) pushed down and stepped on and, while they complimented me when I actually got my hands on the ball, never passed it to me. I wasn't welcome. But there was one boy who took the time to help me up when I was knocked down and vouched for me when he saw that I wasn't getting to really play.

bad - being utterly clueless about the world, I once went to a music festival with a group of complete strangers. They turned out to be psychopaths, in probably the literal sense of the word; one of them eventually threatened me out of the tent I was staying in. I regret not fighting him.

good - after one fight that I did lose, a stranger and her son found me and brought me home.