The Fi, and what do you feel when people lie to you? | INFJ Forum

The Fi, and what do you feel when people lie to you?

ODyssey

Regular Poster
Feb 16, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5 , 4w5, 1w9
Have you ever felt soo confused and hurt just because someone you really trust so easily lied to you? I find it hard to trust other people, and seeing them abuse it.. it breaks me. I feel it instantly and wholly. It's like a disease, something foreign, it has to be cut off... Protect yourself before it breaks you further. So you do, you cut them off. Then you start asking why..? And you soon find that there's just no valid answer.
Is what I feel very different to yours?
When are you mostly affected by the solid energy of Fi?

I try not to take liars personally, and usually find some reason through good self-esteem :)

Have you ever felt soo confused and hurt just because someone you really trust so easily lied to you? I find it hard to trust other people, and seeing them abuse it.. it breaks me. I feel it instantly and wholly. It's like a disease, something foreign, it has to be cut off... Protect yourself before it breaks you further. So you do, you cut them off. Then you start asking why..? And you soon find that there's just no valid answer.
Is what I feel very different to yours?
When are you mostly affected by the solid energy of Fi?

When people lie to me I instantly dismiss them as having any importance in the world. In my mind its like them saying, "You are stupid and I am more intelligent than you and I am proving I believe this because I think you will believe my lies." This is one of the reasons I dislike Obama so much. Clearly has not told the truth since people first heard of him. Every time he opens his mouth and in my mind its like he is calling me stupid. Trouble is, so many people believe him. Anyway when it happens to me directly yeah, the person could get hit by a bus and I would hardly care. It would take a huge amount of convincing for me to raise them up from a level of indifference in my mind after that.

Where you getting the Fi from? We have Fe

Just to illustrate difference between Fi and Fe.

Fi: Understand your emotions and change how you act in different situations because of how you feel. You do not share how you feel its just not something you do.

A personality type with a dominant Fi is INFP. The Fi and Ne combination makes one of the meaningful goals of life to completely understand justice. (Note justice is just a word that most closley describes what an INFP desires within but its not entirely accurate).

Fe: You feel what others feel about you; others happiness is your own happiness. You will change how you act around people if it makes them unhappy or umcomfortable.

A personality type with a dominant Fe is ESFJ and one of their meaningful goals in life is to be able to play a central role in making other people happy by providing for them.

Us as INFJ are very sensitive to how others feel even to the point of empathy. We don't really feel ourselves we feel what everyone around us feels. That is why when we enter a room our Ni automatically parses all of the feelings in the room and we end up feeling the "vibe" of the place.

Last edited: