The Eyes. | INFJ Forum

The Eyes.

Agapooka

Community Member
Mar 7, 2011
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
Today I was walking in a crowded street-like environment and, although I cannot replicate the experience, I can recollect it and I shall attempt to put it to words.

As I meandered in the underground city, avoiding these moving obstacles, I momentarily ceased to perceive them as such and for the next twenty minutes or so, I looked directly into the eyes of everyone who passed by, as I continued in the opposing direction. Most people did not notice, although a few did. What interested me the most, however, was the huge diversity of expressions and faces that I saw.

I only saw each visage for a split second, but it did not take long before I became dissociated from my Self and I became aware of the presence of the experience. I felt intensely connected to the present moment. If anything, whatever feelings that were particular to my experience vanished and appeared to be somewhat obsolete and irrelevant. The more I looked into the doorway of others' experiences and the noted the, ehm, notable variety thereof - despite the common environment, the more I began to perceive my own experience as having a dimension of arbitrariness.

It's strange how we feel threatened when a stranger looks into our eyes.

It's strange how we need to convince ourselves that they are a stranger in order to feed the illusion that we are separate.

It's strange how we threaten others because we believe they are separate.

Agapooka

Reactions: dream echo
Today I was walking in a crowded street-like environment and, although I cannot replicate the experience, I can recollect it and I shall attempt to put it to words.

As I meandered in the underground city, avoiding these moving obstacles, I momentarily ceased to perceive them as such and for the next twenty minutes or so, I looked directly into the eyes of everyone who passed by, as I continued in the opposing direction. Most people did not notice, although a few did. What interested me the most, however, was the huge diversity of expressions and faces that I saw.

I only saw each visage for a split second, but it did not take long before I became dissociated from my Self and I became aware of the presence of the experience. I felt intensely connected to the present moment. If anything, whatever feelings that were particular to my experience vanished and appeared to be somewhat obsolete and irrelevant. The more I looked into the doorway of others' experiences and the noted the, ehm, notable variety thereof - despite the common environment, the more I began to perceive my own experience as having a dimension of arbitrariness.

It's strange how we feel threatened when a stranger looks into our eyes.

It's strange how we need to convince ourselves that they are a stranger in order to feed the illusion that we are separate.

It's strange how we threaten others because we believe they are separate.

Agapooka

Nice experience.

I have a part-time job, handing out newspaper in frequent places to the people passing by. Usually in the morning. Each time I have this experience - there's soooo many facets of people; everything is being put on their face. I can tell who had a good party last night, who has problems in bed, who is upbeat, who is not, etc. So strange.

As for the eyes... I often have a hard time looking someone in the eye because I fear that I pour my heart out with it. I think this is because I can read in the eyes really well and suppose others can do the same. Although I love it when eyes are connected - the more close the person is to me both physically and personally, the better. I catched a glimpse of this moment today with the girl I have an unrequited love with. It was insane I truly felt a connection between us I could almost grab it with my hands..