The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts | INFJ Forum

The Bizarre World of Fake Martial Arts

These are just con men looking to exploit the religious aspect of Kung Fu. Kung Fu, like yoga, is a way to help practitioners enter a meditative state. (To give some history, Kung Fu was developed by the Shaolin Temple which practices buddhism and does not produce Hollywood movies.) So there is a lot of mythology surrounding the power and mechanics of qi and Kung Fu - as there are in any kind of religious practice. Shaolin monks in particular, assert all sorts of powers associated with qi - like being able to develop the ability to become impenetrable to bullets. So, the roots of that claim links directly back to Shaolin.

It’s kind of like a guy opening a bar in China and saying people there are going to experience Jesus drinking wine there. Good marketing, but kind of sacrilegious and totally exploitative.

By the by, I’m always amazed / horrified at this stunt by Jackie Chan because there are like, no tricks. He actually just fell...onto the ground.

Shaolin monks are in another world. There are some insane videos out there on how they train. Though, it doesn’t seem to me Kung Fu actually translates into fighting ability. Seems to me it has to be mixed in with kickboxing for it to become viable in MMA fighting. (I’ve looked into this because I visited the Shaolin temple and became curious.)

Last edited:
Sorry, I just finished watching the video and yeah, China. Human rights.

Also, I’d never consider Tai Chi a form of fighting...like, watch out for my ultra slow moving fist as I balance on one foot...:tearsofjoy:

Sorry, I just finished watching the video and yeah, China. Human rights.
Yup, exactly. It's more about the exploitation of traditional Martial arts by the Chinese government.
And how someone (Xu) who is working against the system is shunned by the social structure...Sheep led by a Sheep in Wolves' clothing.

Tai Chi can be effective if you'd perform these moves rapidly, but Tai Chi is more a meditative form of exercise than anything else.

Yup, exactly. It's more about the exploitation of traditional Martial arts by the Chinese government.
And how someone (Xu) who is working against the system is shunned by the social structure...Sheep led by a Sheep in Wolves' clothing.

Tai Chi can be effective if you'd perform these moves rapidly, but Tai Chi is more a meditative form of exercise than anything else.

Yes, it’s an interesting take. The ignorance of the sheeple is kind of being mocked, isn’t it? XJP is like, another level.

I think there are techniques that can be learned from tai chi, but I’d agree with the video that learning it for the purpose of fighting or self-defense is not useful.

Reactions: dragulagu