Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
Seeing as I'm not going to be getting any new Who for quite a while and that I'm not the only fan here on the forum, why don't we have some picking at actors who could play the twelfth Doctor.

I'm going to start it off with Daniel Craig, Just recently watched him in "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" It would be the return to a more snarky older doctor, more akin to Ecclestion as opposed to Tennant and Smith. If he wouldn't be a good doctor I'd think he's make an even better Master.

What do you guys think

6a00d8345213c969e20120a60d93c3970b-450wi

I think Daniel Craig is better a Master than a Doctor. Hugh Jackman would probably make a good doctor - he has the energy level and the charisma. But I think they'll probably keep to a younger doctor for 12, and an unknown so that actor has the chance to establish themselves in the role. They'll probably want a doctor who is quick thinking, witted, fast talking perhaps, keeps viewers on their toes, guessing what's going to happen next so. It can't be someone who is predictable. I don't think the 11th doctor, Matt Smith, is very multi-dimensional. Many disagree but I don't think he is really as great a Doctor as he is perceived. The Doctor must be different from the previous three incarnations or he's just going to seem stale. He needs to be different. Not sure how different, definitely unique. A cowboy doctor would be interesting but the 11th doctor did some of that. I think they need to bring back some of that more overt passion for people, that sensitivity, which Doctors 9 & 10 had which the 11th doesn't have so much. The 11th was too intellectual or cerebral, if there is such a thing. A bit too much detachment. Not sure who I would cast in the role though, not familiar with list of british actors. My two cents.

I think Daniel Craig is better a Master than a Doctor. Hugh Jackman would probably make a good doctor - he has the energy level and the charisma. But I think they'll probably keep to a younger doctor for 12, and an unknown so that actor has the chance to establish themselves in the role. They'll probably want a doctor who is quick thinking, witted, fast talking perhaps, keeps viewers on their toes, guessing what's going to happen next so. It can't be someone who is predictable. I don't think the 11th doctor, Matt Smith, is very multi-dimensional. Many disagree but I don't think he is really as great a Doctor as he is perceived. The Doctor must be different from the previous three incarnations or he's just going to seem stale. He needs to be different. Not sure how different, definitely unique. A cowboy doctor would be interesting but the 11th doctor did some of that. I think they need to bring back some of that more overt passion for people, that sensitivity, which Doctors 9 & 10 had which the 11th doesn't have so much. The 11th was too intellectual or cerebral, if there is such a thing. A bit too much detachment. Not sure who I would cast in the role though, not familiar with list of british actors. My two cents.

I love smith as a Doctor, but as far as Doctors go I don't think the 11th is a good one and I like that. It allows for character progression, of course when the doctors is fixed he has to die.

I'm a little tired of bouncy energetic young doctors, all of the previous doctors with the exception of the 5th were older men, the 1st was quite stern. I want a doctor who looks like he's 900+ years old. I do like the cowboy idea, though the doctor has always been a man science and jiggery-pokery and less of guns and showdowns.

I'm a little tired of bouncy energetic young doctors, all of the previous doctors with the exception of the 5th were older men, the 1st was quite stern.

Thing is, even if they don't choose another young doctor, they will try to keep that energetic spirit going because it makes the doctor appear more athletic and adventurous. I agree that a mature doctor who looks great would be fine but not someone who looks 900s because we are a visual culture, and as far as audiences are concerned, they're not likely going to think that older-looking doctor will be able to keep audience's interest for long. I do think a less hyper doctor would be nice but still someone with a more calming personality.

I don't think it's impossible for people to get behind an older doctor, and old doesn't necessarily mean decrepit. The thing with our last three Doctors is that they've all played young men whom have old eyes and old thoughts that make you think yeah this guy is a lot older then he looks. I want the reverse, I want a doctor who looks like he's in his mid 30's or early 40's but has this aura of youthful energy about him.

I'm not asking for another Heartnell (1st Doctor)
images

But some one more along the lines of Paul Mcgann (8th Doctor)
Paul+McGann.jpg

or Peter Davison (5th Doctor)

images

They've announced the new companion. Apparently, she'll be introduced in the Christmas episode. [MENTION=1848]The Doctor[/MENTION]

Jenna Louise Coleman

They've announced the new companion. Apparently, she'll be introduced in the Christmas episode. @The Doctor

Jenna Louise Coleman

She's cute, I wonder if this means there going to regenerate Smith or there just putting an end to the Ponds.

yeah, they're going to be saying goodbye to the Ponds and then she takes over. But I'm not sure how they'll do it.

Should be interesting.

yeah, they're going to be saying goodbye to the Ponds and then she takes over. But I'm not sure how they'll do it.

Should be interesting.

I've read some of the articles surrounding it, they sound like they are keeping Smith around, Though I won't be sure of it till we get a few episodes in

I resend my vote for an older doctor after watching X-men first class, James McAvoy needs to be the next doctor