Test your social intelligence | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Test your social intelligence

What did you get, Wy?

Interestingly though, I feel like STs would probably tend to do better, given that they are STs with some level of knowledge regarding emotions.
It's a more direct input/output test so if you know the specifics as far as facial recognition you could get them all probably.
It's easier for an ST to separate themselves from the reaction they might have to something I think.
My brain doesn't work that way though, I was just frustrated the whole way through due to a complete lack of context.
I take in the whole of the situation for emotional assessments. I think most Ns operate that way.

Interestingly though, I feel like STs would probably tend to do better, given that they are STs with some level of knowledge regarding emotions.
It's a more direct input/output test so if you know the specifics as far as facial recognition you could get them all probably.
It's easier for an ST to separate themselves from the reaction they might have to something I think.
My brain doesn't work that way though, I was just frustrated the whole way through due to a complete lack of context.
I take in the whole of the situation for emotional assessments. I think most Ns operate that way.
giphy.gif

Ok well maybe not "STs" but I do think having knowledge of the specificity of facial movements is really all that is required to do well on it

And I just conflated things as far as that goes, because I think STs are better at retaining specific information and separating themselves from emotions

Your score is 30 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 82% of all participants.

That's better than I was expecting. What an excellent test that has no flaws.

Ok well maybe not "STs" but I do think having knowledge of the specificity of facial movements is really all that is required to do well on it
Here's the original study for the 'Revised Eyes Test'
http://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/papers/2001_BCetal_adulteyes.pdf

TLDR Average Results said:
Chance: 13/36

High Functioning Autism: 21.9/36

All General Population: 26.2/36
Males: 26/36
Females: 26.4/36

All Students: 28/36
Male Students: 27.3/36
Female Students: 28.6/36

There was no correlation between Eyes Test and IQ, or between AQ (Autism Quotient) and IQ, but an inverse correlation between AQ and Eyes Test.

In terms of type, I don't think it's particularly useful, since someone who scores high on the autistic spectrum can still lead with the feeling functions, and vice versa. All the Eyes Test shows is that there's an inverse correlation between test performance and autism.

In terms of type, I don't think it's particularly useful, since someone who scores high on the autistic spectrum can still lead with the feeling functions, and vice versa. All the Eyes Test shows is that there's an inverse correlation between test performance and autism.

ok?

What I mean is, 'social cognition' is not the same as an Fe preference, and so a test like this is not generally diagnostic of type.

You implied that STs might have an easier time because they could retain the specific indicators of emotional states in an unemotional way, but Autistic people do this, too, perhaps more proficiently than people in the general population, and yet they still score lower on the test, so I'm not sure that the 'conscious retention of emotional indicators' is a particularly compelling explanation of success on the test.

What I mean is, 'social cognition' is not the same as an Fe preference, and so a test like this is not generally diagnostic of type.

You implied that STs might have an easier time because they could retain the specific indicators of emotional states in an unemotional way, but Autistic people do this, too, perhaps more proficiently than people in the general population, and yet they still score lower on the test, so I'm not sure that the 'conscious retention of emotional indicators' is a particularly compelling explanation of success on the test.

Yea ok, I was just throwin' it out there cuz this is an mbti site and I'm havin' fun.
No need to get all extreme bro, people talk about puppies and shit in reference to mbti here.
Your point is valid. MBTI is not directly applicable to most things and most circumstances.
We could be super stringent here and essentially never bring up mbti on an mbti site.
I'm a casual dude. I say shit casually, falsely, deceptively, egregiously, stupidly, neurotically, funnily. Lotsa ways.

Yea ok, I was just throwin' it out there cuz this is an mbti site and I'm havin' fun.
No need to get all extreme bro, people talk about puppies and shit in reference to mbti here.
Your point is valid. MBTI is not directly applicable to most things and most circumstances.
We could be super stringent here and essentially never bring up mbti on an mbti site.
I'm a casual dude. I say shit casually, falsely, deceptively, egregiously, stupidly, neurotically, funnily. Lotsa ways.
I'm casual, too!

This is like the third time recently that people have assumed that I'm upset, or serious, or not calm. WTF forum?

I'm casual, too!

This is like the third time recently that people have assumed that I'm upset, or serious, or not calm. WTF forum?
Maybe it's the wordiness, precision and persistence :tearsofjoy: - those are usually indicators that something has meaning or value with the writer.

persistence

mainly

@Deleted member 16771 I did not perceive you as upset or emotional, if anything the thing I associated you with was stubbornness and overbearing but even those are just on the periphery of my intimations

But you do have a knack for persistence of matters when they are important to you personally that is grating to me