Staff member
Forum Greeter
Mar 29, 2014
Nordic
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1 947
Yup, we all have those locks inside us which need to be opened. I find this translation from the original Finnish one to be very silly, more fitting would be like ''emotional locks''.

http://www.lifetraptest.com/ click ''Test your life traps''

''Lifetrap is a negative life pattern which begins when we’re children or adolescents. It repeats itself throughout our lives and is difficult to change.
For more information about life traps (called early maladaptive schemas (EMS) in schema therapy), see schematherapy.com.

Kimmo Takanen is a Finnish schema therapist and is the author of the best selling self-help book in Finland ("Tunne lukkosi - vapaudu tunteiden vallasta").
This web page is the English version of the originally Finnish web page of the book.''

What the lifetraps mean: http://www.lifetraptest.com/lifetraps.htm

Last edited:
Test results

Your lifetraps

Social isolation: very strong
Vulnerablity: very strong
Failure: very strong
Dependence: very strong
Pessimism: very strong
Defectiveness: very strong
Self-sacrifice: very strong
Punitiveness: very strong
Enmeshment: strong
Abandonment: strong
Insufficient self-control: strong
Subjugation: strong
Abuse: strong
Approval seeking: strong
Emotional deprivation: strong
Unrelenting standards: strong
Emotional inhibation: medium
Entitlement: no lifetrap

SOCIAL ISOLATION
You often feel anxiety in social situations and it makes you avoid them. You feel different and therefore not fitting in. With new people you feel uncomfortable and nervous and you do not really know what to say. You might be nervous about the situation and afraid of getting into the spotlight. Feeling anxious you are wondering what others might think of you. When you are upset you are unable to use your social skills, so you will feel insecure and withdraw. You may be accustomed to avoid social situations to the extent that it seems quite natural - but at the same time you need inside a closer contact with fellow human beings. In a group you may pretend you're more like the others and you want to give a good impression of yourself. You might get into working positions, which does not require a lot of interaction. In Close relationships you'll feel more confident and calm - you can be more truly yourself. The repeated experience of being an outsider makes you avoid more and more unpleasant social situations.

VULNERABILITY
You are often scared and feel insecure. You worry excessively about your health, accidents or financials. You might choose a partner who is strong enough to protect you from the risks. You suffer from anxiety or panic attacks; you are constantly more or less anxious, which makes it difficult to enjoy everyday life. You might rely on addictions in order to facilitate anxiety. You strive to ascertain that you are safe. Therefore, you have learned to evade risks: elevators, cars, travelling in the city or abroad, investments, or career opportunities; you would rather stick to the old which is familiar and safe. Fears are limiting your life and your loved ones who have to adapt to your fears. Constant worry and risk avoidance further enhance the feeling of vulnerability.

FAILURE
You think you are doomed to failure, as if you are lacking some essential skills or abilities. You may have learned to avoid challenges or difficult tasks in the fear of failure. You might believe that you do not know enough or you are not able to do something, and that is why you are not taking tasks seriously. You might compare yourself to others and consider yourself a failure, inferior, or less talented than others. You think that the others have been more successful, and you do not appreciate your own achievements - there is always someone who has succeeded or done better. The effect of this lifetrap can be seen especially at the workplace. You might avoid career progress, taking challenges, promotion, committing or taking initiative. You may be trying to compensate for the feeling of failure with perfect performance and accuracy. The belief of being a failure will increase with each experience of failure.

Reactions: Switchgirl
Lifetrap Strength
Sosial isolation very strong
Subjugation strong
Unrelenting standards medium
Abuse medium
Emotional deprivation medium
Vulnerablity weak
Approval seeking weak
Entitlement weak
Failure weak
Abandonment no lifetrap
Self-sacrifice no lifetrap
Punitiveness no lifetrap
Defectiveness no lifetrap
Insufficient self-control no lifetrap
Pessimism no lifetrap
Dependence no lifetrap
Emotional inhibation no lifetrap
Enmeshment no lifetrap

hmmmm-interesting :D

Self-sacrifice 87% (Your score: strong)
Subjugation 82% (Your score: medium)
Unrelenting standards 75% (Your score: very strong)
Pessimism 70% (Your score: very strong)
Approval seeking 68% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Emotional inhibation 68% (Your score: very strong)
Sosial isolation 64% (Your score: very strong)
Insufficient self-control 62% (Your score: strong)
Abandonment 61% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Abuse 60% (Your score: very strong)
Failure 58% (Your score: medium)
Punitiveness 57% (Your score: very strong)
Emotional deprivation 55% (Your score: strong)
Vulnerablity 54% (Your score: very strong)
Defectiveness 54% (Your score: strong)
Dependence 48% (Your score: strong)
Entitlement 35% (Your score: very strong)
Enmeshment 28% (Your score: no lifetrap)

Subjugation strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Sosial isolation strong
Approval seeking medium
Emotional deprivation medium
Emotional inhibation medium
Unrelenting standards weak
Abuse weak
Vulnerablity weak
Pessimism weak
Punitiveness weak
Failure no lifetrap
Dependence no lifetrap
Entitlement no lifetrap
Defectiveness no lifetrap
Abandonment no lifetrap
Enmeshment no lifetrap
Insufficient self-control no lifetrap

Self-sacrifice 87% (Your score: strong)
Subjugation 82% (Your score: strong)
Unrelenting standards 75% (Your score: strong)
Pessimism 70% (Your score: strong)
Approval seeking 68% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Emotional inhibation 68% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Sosial isolation 64% (Your score: strong)
Insufficient self-control 62% (Your score: weak)
Abandonment 61% (Your score: strong)
Abuse 60% (Your score: weak)
Failure 58% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Punitiveness 57% (Your score: medium)
Emotional deprivation 55% (Your score: medium)
Vulnerablity 54% (Your score: strong)
Defectiveness 54% (Your score: medium)
Dependence 48% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Entitlement 35% (Your score: medium)
Enmeshment 28% (Your score: no lifetrap)

So am I broken? What?

Lifetrap Strength
Approval seeking very strong
Punitiveness very strong
Subjugation very strong
Emotional deprivation very strong
Vulnerablity very strong
Enmeshment very strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Abandonment strong
Insufficient self-control strong
Defectiveness strong
Failure strong
Unrelenting standards strong
Entitlement strong
Abuse strong
Emotional inhibation strong
Pessimism strong
Dependence medium
Sosial isolation medium

Approval seeking
Lifetrap strength: very strong
17% of people answering the test got the same result. 68% scored at least medium strength. Your answers:
For me, it is important that all people like me, including the ones I don't like. 6
When I make decisions, I have to consider how others accept my choices and how they react to my decisions. 6
I'm trying to belong and I adapt easily to what others expect from me. 6

It is important for you that all people like you, even strangers. You strive to please other people. Even if you would not like some person, you want that he or she likes you. You may make decisions thinking how your parents, your partner or your friends accept them. You may be afraid to do things on your own way, because you are afraid that might be accused or criticized. In a group you are trying hard to belong and you might transform yourself, depending on what you think others want from you. You hope that you would be liked, and therefore you aim to avoid conflict or hurting other people. You do not put forward your own opinions in fear of rejection, or you present strong opinions to test how others accept you. You may dress in a very conservative or acceptable way not to feel yourself different from others and to avoid becoming an outsider. You make a lot of effort in ensuring the people would appreciate you. You might acquire success, achievements, status, wealth or beauty, so that others could appreciate you. It is difficult for you to appreciate yourself for who you are, rather other people are a mirror of your dignity.

Punitiveness
16% of people answering the test got the same result. 57% scored at least medium strength. Your answers:
I am harsh to myself if I make a mistake and I might punish myself for it. 5
I am angry at myself because I'm so weak, sentimental or needy. 6
I blame myself or call myself stupid, lazy or selfish. 6

You are very hard on yourself and punish yourself if you act incorrectly. You are often angry at yourself and criticize yourself for your mistakes. You might feel guilty or ashamed of how you've acted. You may be angry at yourself because you are sometimes weak, sentimental, or needy. If something bad happens to you, you might think that it was deserved, and you do not deserve sympathy or compassion. You may also be punitive to those around you. Your children may get an earful if things do not go as you please. You find it hard to forgive yourself and others and you do not accept excuses too easily.

Subjugation
19% of people answering the test got the same result. 82% scored at least medium strength. Your answers:
I have trouble standing up for myself with people. 5
I am kind and flexible, and I avoid conflicts. 5
I please others to avoid unpleasant consequences. 6

You feel that you need to please your loved ones, friends, colleagues and even strangers. You do not want to be tricky, but nice and comfortable, so you easily agree to things that do not seem to be particularly important to you. You may find it difficult to stand up for yourself in both small and large matters. You let others control you more or less, because you want to avoid unpleasant consequences. You do not openly express your needs, because you do not see them important enough. You hide your anger to evade a conflict. However, the suppression of anger leads to accumulation of anger inside of you, which is usually dissolved either in a passive expression of anger as a small-scale revenge, gossip, slowing down, whining; or surprising aggressive temper tantrums. Anger can give rise to the desire to rebel and defy those who you consider as authorities (e.g. managers, spouse). You may attract people who are dominant and bossy, who will decide for you on how to act, behave or feel.

I'm such a mentally healthy human being!

Reactions: flower
Test results

Your lifetraps

Sosial isolation very strong
Punitiveness very strong
Pessimism very strong
Emotional inhibation very strong
Subjugation very strong
Abuse very strong
Defectiveness very strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Dependence strong
Approval seeking strong
Abandonment strong
Failure strong
Unrelenting standards strong
Emotional deprivation strong
Vulnerablity medium
Enmeshment medium
Insufficient self-control medium
Entitlement no lifetrap

Wow, I knew I was bad but...

I prefer the mbti tests, they cheer me up.

Reactions: flower
[h=2]Test results[/h]I think you pass if you get a 'no lifetrap'. I did not.
[h=3]Your lifetraps[/h]
Lifetrap
Strength
Pessimism
very strong
Emotional inhibation
very strong
Failure
very strong
Defectiveness
strong
Approval seeking