Tell me your favourite children's stories | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Tell me your favourite children's stories

lol! I did the same with my Archie's in middle school. They were really popular in my class one year. We were all reading and trading them and the librarian at our school even donated her kids' collection to the library.

I remember Sweet Valley High, and Boxcar Children. Stewart Little too!

Anne of Green Gables, Black Beauty and Secret Garden were the ones I read over and over again.

And then there was the Three Musketeers...I was the only one I knew who read that not just once, but obsessively

All classics! Black beauty was hard for me. It was so sad. And yet for some reason I liked To Kill a Mockingbird. Hahaha. Way too many inconsistencies. The three Musketeers the movie! I remember that one. It was my cousin's favorite and we had to fight over the vhs. Hahaha. So old school.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I loved Ramona because her story was pretty down to earth by having a not-so-perfect family/life, and about awkwardly not being the most "cool" person in school.

And yes, I absolutely agree - as an artist today, my mind still trails back to my Big Bird's Color Game book, which is learning color in the most basic form possible lol. I also often remember the cozy experience of being read to in class from The Book of Virtues by one of my teachers.

Thank you for the friendly welcome! : )

I’ve never come across this series but then I only have brothers and sons which explains why - though these days we probably wouldn’t be so gender typical lol. I like the sound of these, they sound charming, and I can see why they’d leave memories. The most special kids books are the ones you take into adulthood with you, don’t you think?

I see this is your first post so a very big welcome to the forum seeofheart :).

Hi John.

I ordered these from the UK when my children were small.

They are delightful - the reason being the extreme detail in the illustrations. You can search items with them and ask questions to have some conversation. I found that books with detailed illustrations are worth investing in because every time we read - we find something new.

Toddlers obviously don't have a large vocabulary so the story must be simple but the pictures rich.

This has been my experience - otherwise the book is quickly finished. And I don't want to let go of the chubby little body too quickly!

images.jpeg

images (4).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

images (6).jpeg

images (17).jpeg

images (15).jpeg
images (14).jpeg
images (19).jpeg

images (11).jpeg
images (8).jpeg

Reactions: John K
Many thanks for the recommendation @Spidertrader - they look great. You’ve reminded me to go through this thread again and make sure I haven’t missed any good tips.

Reactions: Spidertrader