Taking a personality assessment as part of interview process... | INFJ Forum

Taking a personality assessment as part of interview process...

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by spudscoffee, Jul 29, 2014.

Share This Page

More threads by spudscoffee
  1. spudscoffee

spudscoffee Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    do not know
    So being that most of us know our personality type, if you are required to take the assessment as part of an interview process do you still do it? I talked to someone who said they don't believe in them and refuse to do them point blank period. I know a lot of workplaces use them though so is that a not so smart limit on your possible jobs? Or is it an understandable if that job relies on those assessments that you don't believe in you don't want it anyway?

I hope that made sense...

I'm trying to see other people's perspective on it.

Thanks!

2. cvp12gh5

cvp12gh5 What a lovely way to burn...

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Intui
    Enneagram:
    Thinking
    Always take the test. If you don't, then you are already showing a lack of cooperation, something that is frowned upon from potential employers. Plus, not doing so will make them think you have something to hide. Not a good first impression at all.

Sure, it may reveal some things about yourself that you need to work on, but it will also reveal your strengths. Plus, these tests are just one of many things used in determining whether you are right for the job or not. It's a small piece of the puzzle. It gives them a better understanding of the person behind the handshake.

Like I said, you should always do them. And if you feel that you have a few "less than desirable' traits that may pop up in the test, then knock their socks off in the interview. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    spudscoffee

Threads:
    MBTI:
    do not know
    Good point...maybe I should take a practice one the CPP website just so I know what I'll be up against.

4. OP
    spudscoffee

Threads:
    MBTI:
    do not know
    Thanks for your input. I found a website that I can look into it more cpp.com so I guess I'll start there.

Thank you again!