Taking a personality assessment as part of interview process... | INFJ Forum

Taking a personality assessment as part of interview process...

spudscoffee

Community Member
Apr 29, 2014
MBTI
do not know
So being that most of us know our personality type, if you are required to take the assessment as part of an interview process do you still do it? I talked to someone who said they don't believe in them and refuse to do them point blank period. I know a lot of workplaces use them though so is that a not so smart limit on your possible jobs? Or is it an understandable if that job relies on those assessments that you don't believe in you don't want it anyway?

I hope that made sense...

I'm trying to see other people's perspective on it.

Thanks!

So being that most of us know our personality type, if you are required to take the assessment as part of an interview process do you still do it? I talked to someone who said they don't believe in them and refuse to do them point blank period. I know a lot of workplaces use them though so is that a not so smart limit on your possible jobs? Or is it an understandable if that job relies on those assessments that you don't believe in you don't want it anyway?

I hope that made sense...

I'm trying to see other people's perspective on it.

Thanks!

Always take the test. If you don't, then you are already showing a lack of cooperation, something that is frowned upon from potential employers. Plus, not doing so will make them think you have something to hide. Not a good first impression at all.

Sure, it may reveal some things about yourself that you need to work on, but it will also reveal your strengths. Plus, these tests are just one of many things used in determining whether you are right for the job or not. It's a small piece of the puzzle. It gives them a better understanding of the person behind the handshake.

Like I said, you should always do them. And if you feel that you have a few "less than desirable' traits that may pop up in the test, then knock their socks off in the interview. :)

Good point...maybe I should take a practice one the CPP website just so I know what I'll be up against.

Thanks for your input. I found a website that I can look into it more cpp.com so I guess I'll start there.

Thank you again!