Take it easy, will ya, on our grey wolves. | INFJ Forum

Take it easy, will ya, on our grey wolves.

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Laws are being passed to hunt the grey wolf in many states. I am a hunter, but don't wish to eat a lone wolf. Please limit the killing of wolves; they are a large part of the remainder of our wilderness where they are like kings.
the_death_of_the_great_grey_wolf_by_semsei-d5sp2a2.jpg

Emotional arguments and goofy pictures aside, the grey wolf issue is actually kind of a big deal. In the US it was hunted to near-extinction up until the 60s and only recently made a recovery of any note, losing its endangered species protections earlier this year despite populations not being in any condition to warrant such action.

Chalk it up to ignorance on the part of people living in the states with wolves and their congressional representatives who don't know any better.

The gray wolf is one of the world's most well researched animals, with probably more books written about it than any other wildlife species.[SUP][15][/SUP] It has a long history of association with humans, having been despised and hunted in most agricultural communities due to its attacks on livestock, while conversely being respected by some Native American tribes.[SUP][14][/SUP] It is the sole ancestor of the dog, which was first domesticated in the Middle East.[SUP][16][/SUP] Although the fear of wolves is prevalent in many human societies, the majority of recorded attacks on people have been attributed to animals suffering from rabies. Non-rabid wolves have attacked and killed people, mainly children, but this is unusual, as wolves are relatively few, live away from people, and have been taught to fear humans by hunters and shepherds.[SUP][17][/SUP] Hunting and trapping has reduced the species' range to about one third of its original range, though its still relatively widespread range and stable population means that the species is not threatened at a global level, and is therefore classified by the IUCN as Least Concern.[SUP][1] Wikipedia

[/SUP]

Last edited:
Laws are being passed to hunt the grey wolf in many states. I am a hunter, but don't wish to eat a lone wolf. Please limit the killing of wolves; they are a large part of the remainder of our wilderness where they are like kings.

Awesome! I always admired hunters and their ability to survive in the wild, naked and alone. The ability to stalk and hunt an animal for hours on end, brave the weather, then pounce on the prey, tearing into it with their sharp fangs and razor-like claws.

Oh.... wait... that's right... wrong species.

Always entertaining to watch people try to rationalize their place on the food chain by comparing themselves to the natural predators like the wolves.

What I find entertaining is people who couldn't even grow their own food, much less catch it, criticizing hunters who are also... conservationists! So funny. JustMe, you ought to go ahead and post that photo you mentioned a little while ago.

Reactions: just me
Is something bothering me on my shoulder? Naw. [MENTION=4680]this is only temporary[/MENTION], left you a thumbs up. Someone call the thumb helpers.

If I were in Maine, I might just shoot a few turkeys according by the law. Then I could eat fresh bird.

The grey wolf is the sole ancestor of the dog.

I love our wolves. Thank you to everyone that showed solidarity.

Last edited:
The grey wolf is the sole ancestor of the dog.

Unless that photo is 10,000 years old, those wolves are not ancestors of modern dogs.

I think you mean that modern grey wolves closely resemble the common ancestor of wolves and dogs.

(Apologies - feeling nit-picky tonight).

And as for rabid wolves here is some footage of the cleanup involved after a rabid wolf goes off:

[video=youtube;0ZJC7NMCkME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJC7NMCkME[/video]

Awesome! I always admired hunters and their ability to survive in the wild, naked and alone. The ability to stalk and hunt an animal for hours on end, brave the weather, then pounce on the prey, tearing into it with their sharp fangs and razor-like claws.

Oh.... wait... that's right... wrong species.

Always entertaining to watch people try to rationalize their place on the food chain by comparing themselves to the natural predators like the wolves.

Everybody here rationalizes something. Such as using electricity and talking on computers.

The infrastructure that allows me to send this message to you has likely harmed and displaced more wildlife than a conscientious hunter would ever even think about, and is in fact a lasting effect because it's a denial of area. This may seem invisible to you but I assure you the server farms, ISP headquarters, network and electrical infrastructure have caused long lasting damage which ensures that some animals not only die of starvation and loss of habitat, it also ensures that others are never even born in the first place as natural replacements.

Also consider that wolves do not eat only deer and such, they also eat mice, groundhogs, rabbits, and soforth.

So for example when you build something somewhere and you wipe out a lot of grasses, insects and moles, mice, rabbits, foxes and all that good stuff, you pretty much kill most of the food chain that depends on that area. If the food for the hunters doesn't have food, then the hunters also don't have food. It all collapses.

The wolves turn to livestock when their normal food runs low, which is why this is happening, I suppose. Good fences make good neighbors. Wait: just kill your neighbors because they are only wolves costing you a weak animal every now and then.

It has been said, that what becomes of the hunted often becomes of the hunter. If we just kill animals because they are costing us livestock, what will become of the people next? It's nature's way of telling us something's wrong.

Last edited:
If the Feds OK'd the killings, does that mean they cannot kill them right not with this government fiasco? Anyone wish to discuss positive ways to make our government run better?

Wolves eating livestock is one of the reasons they declared war on the grey wolf.
Feel bad for those in South Dakota, but what a remarkable statement.
http://www.weather.com/news/winter-storm-atlas-kills-thousands-cattle-south-dakota-20131007

copied Wikipedia..........
Many scientists believe that this artificial inflation of game populations is actually detrimental to both caribou and moose populations as well as the ecosystem as a whole; artificially-boosted populations "could result in habitat destruction by moose and caribou, and ultimately, a crash in these populations." [SUP][55][/SUP] This is why large numbers of people support the Protect America's Wildlife (PAW) Act which was proposed to Congress by George Miller, the state representative of California in July 2009. This legislation has already received official support from nine former members of Alaska's Board of Game and Wildlife and conservation groups, including Defenders of Wildlife. According to Miller, "The state of Alaska has been operating an airborne hunting program that has blatantly ignored federal law, ignored Alaskans' opposition, ignored the science, and ignored even their own wildlife experts. It's time to ground this air assault on wolves. The PAW Act is urgently needed to close the loophole in federal law and protect our nation's wildlife from the unethical and unsportsmanlike practice of airborne hunting."
[SUP]
[/SUP]

Last edited:
Reactions: SealHammer