Sudden change in color perception?

Reon

Midnight's Garden
Nov 1, 2008
MBTI
Questioning?
Enneagram
5w6
Welp, to make a long story short, I just had a very awkward experience in the bathroom. I was in the bathroom, doing my thing, and I noticed while staring in the mirror that my perception of the light color (a very homely yellow beige color) had for some reason slowly went to this sea green color (Not very extreme but I felt like the light was emitting a different color than it should be).It seemed like the whole room was just..darker and tinted. I closed my eyes, opened them again, and the light was the correct color but then it happened again the normal light color seemed tinted. I closed my eyes once more and I opened them again and luckily the light remained the same color and I could not get the effect to happen again. Has anyone heard of this? I'm kind of concerned. Eye wise, the only thing I have is glaucoma and I've been taking my medication for that and glaucoma does not list this as a side effect. The only thing I noticed is that my eye is a bit irritated. Has been all day.

So, tl;dr does anyone know about this or experience this? Should I be freaked out?

Isn't that more of a brain thing? I think I remember something about depression and the perception of colour changes or something weird like that a few years back. Medication is usually the reason for that kinda thing though but if it's not listed as a side affect that's a little weird however you should consult your doctor.

Yeah, get it checked out. Make a note of when it happens and how often so that when you go in to see someone, you can give them a sense of what been's happening, leading to a better diagnosis.

Were you on any substances?

Also, I would recommend searching thorough to make sure it isn't glaucoma related. Also make sure it isn't related to low blood pressure or blood sugar... or the medication you're on.

Otherwise, your eyes or your mind is probably just playing tricks on you. I've had times meditating where I saw a certain color even though my eyes were shut.

I just want to let you know that you're not alone on this. I have for some time been trying to figure out why the colors and magnification I perceive change wildly from situation to situation. A few examples: running, reading, jerkin the gherkin, intense arguments and just about every time I focus hard on anything at all. It's really bizarre and every time I bring it up I get the same doe-eyed look from people. I don't think I have a medical issue that I know of but I'm quite curious why what I see varies so much. I mean I've done hallucinogens and their effects are very different from what I describe so it must not be drugs either.