Star Trek Movie Franchise | INFJ Forum

Star Trek Movie Franchise

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what do you think of the most recent Star Trek movies compared to past films?

Saw Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) yesterday and have to say, I liked the first one better (2009). The most recent film didn't seem to connect very well with the first film. The only continuity was the relation between Kirk, Spock, and Uhura, and the starship crew. Storylines didn't follow very well from the last one.

And I'm not sure fans of the past films are going to connect as well with the modern version of the legendary villain they introduced in this film.

I liked it, but I am not trekkie. I like movies, but I am not obsessive:)

I am quite pleased with the new film. The continuity with the first film was good enough especially the idea that this Kirk did not come up through the same process as the original.

I also loved the villain, ( a big fan of his work in Sherlock) and liked the way the movie mirrored the original movie with the same villain.

my kids watched the first flick the day before and felt a real connection to the Kirk, Spock, Uhura triad.

Reactions: rawr
I loved the original cast movies, and am a big fan of Deep Space Nine... I haven't seen Into Darkness but I did see the first movie and enjoyed it, even though I thought it was more Star Wars than Star Trek. The JJ Abrams ones don't seem to be very interested in breaking boundaries, portraying alien cultures or doing anything except moving quickly and giving winking acknowledgments to the original cast movies.

I was quite pleased with the latest movie....a HUGE improvement from the first JJ Abrams movie...
Let me just say that Benedict Cumberbatch (I still can't get over that name...it cracks me up) MADE the movie.
If you haven't watched the Sherlock series I suggest you do.

I was quite pleased with the latest movie....a HUGE improvement from the first JJ Abrams movie...
Let me just say that Benedict Cumberbatch (I still can't get over that name...it cracks me up) MADE the movie.

I agree with both statement.
I like dynamics between characters.
And Khan was great. Voice:)

Reactions: Skarekrow
I was never a Star Trek fan, so I can't compare the reboot to the older material, but I have really enjoyed the new movies.

Without giving the movie away, I see myself potently becoming like the portrayed villain in this movie over time. Cold intellect with a dash of loyalty mixed in. Or maybe I am giving myself too much credit.