Socionics and working relationships | INFJ Forum

Socionics and working relationships

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by inigo, May 14, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by inigo
  1. inigo

inigo Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Ok, so in my introductory thread, I mentioned that I'm personally interested in how MBTI plays a role in our professional lives. I got started looking at the intertype relations on Socionics and found that if you look at these descriptions through a non-romantic lens, that the same general principles seem to apply for the most part.

I dove into this because I recently got a new co-worker, and I work in a 2 person department. In a department this small, it can be a challenge to find balance in how engaged I am with what is going on with the other person. I'm 99% certain that she is an ENTJ. Socionics would define this as a relationship of semi-duality. Again, if only looked at through a non-romantic lens, there is still a lot that seems to ring true which I've bolded.

http://www.socionics.com/rel/sdl.htm

So, does anyone have any thoughts on using intertype relationship descriptions in ways other than evaluating a relationship with a significant other? Are there other good resources for developing professional relationships that anyone knows of, or does anyone have any personal stories to share on this topic?