Socializing | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Socializing

Why do you socialize?
Sometimes I have to, for work or family stuff. But why do I engage socially when I want to? Because I want to connect with people, truly. Because even though I'm a total introvert I still need people. I love people, even when I hate them, and even when I want to hide away in my hermit hole.

What do you get out of socializing?
Choosing to interact socially is much different for me, because I can also choose who I interact with. And it's usually with people who can bring out the best in me, and I in them.

How much do you need to socialize?
Not much actually, but I am trying to do more as I can become so disconnected and isolated, which isn't healthy either.

Exactly.

Ever find "socializing" at home difficult?

The more difficult it is for me to socialize, usually means the more I need it.

Why do you socialize?
Because all capitalizing and no socializing makes Jack a rich (yet boring and lonely) boy. :eyebrows:

What do you get out of socializing?
Conversation. Exercise. Occasional laughter and annoyance.
Basically things I expect and things I don't, which makes life interesting.

How much do you need to socialize?
Depends upon my mood. Sometimes I do it in person, sometimes I do it on blogs, and (because INFJs supposedly have "rich, inner lives") sometimes I don't bother socializing, but discuss Kierkegaard, Augustine or some other philosopher with the cats, listen to music, write, etc.

Why? Well, I do it b/c I really love to know people. I found really interesting much of the times what people have to say, how their opinions and gestures defined them. I really like and enjoy that. My problem is that most of the times I just like to keep my relationships with others superficial. I have this bad tendency to analyze so much why people are the way they are that I forget to build a friendship. I keep being superficial while people are opening up to me... I can't deny that I like it (I don't know why), but at the same time, I'm spending so much time trying to understand every little detail about them that I forget that I'm being superficial with people and sometimes I found myself wanting someone that understands me, someone that listen when I'm really being myself to the fullest. The thing is that my interest is not for socializing purposes, I just like to know people weaknesses and strengths....!!! [emoji33] maybe I'm crazy Lol....!!! WHAT I GET OUT OF IT?? I think I already said that (this is the only place I allow myself to say that...lol... I feel like I'm talking to myself) HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED TO SOCIALIZE?? Anytime I don't have anything else to do. When I'm bored mostly. I can socialize with myself and a bottle of wine lol...!!! Anytime I want to clear my mind or just talk with people...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk