So, what's your multiple intelligence IQ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

So, what's your multiple intelligence IQ?

What are your top three multiple intelligences?

• Naturalist or Environmental or Ecological

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Musical Intelligence

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Logical or Mathematical

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Visual or Spatial

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Existential or Philosophical

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Interpersonal or Social

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Intrapersonal or Self

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Physical, Body or Kinesthetic

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Linguistic or Verbal or Language

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
In descending order: self, linguistics, and social.

The writing of the test needs revision.

My top three are Linguistic (3.86), Social (3.71) and Logic (3.57)

I think other intelligences should be added to the list of intelligences such as artistic and aesthetic intelligence, as well as spiritual intelligence. I don't see existential intelligence as spiritual intelligence. With existential intelligence you can simply be someone who is intellectually curious about reason and being, the nature of things, etc. but not necessarily understand the spiritual nature of things such as sense the significance of those values or beliefs for personal and social wellbeing in pursuit or acknowledgement of higher consciousness. I also think aesthetic and artistic intelligence are separate. I see aesthetic intelligence as the ability to appreciate art and understand the nature of art as a subject, similar to a connoisseur. However, I see artistic intelligence or ability as the talent of the artist whether painting, sculpture, architecture, etc. I tend to see more subtle distinctions while many see vague similarities.

I think there needs to be separation of intelligence from the emotional depth which connection to particular type of intelligence can create. For example, I saw this all the time in my grad classes, people who were highly intellectual about a topic but had no emotional understanding of the topic. They were treated as know it alls who just "got it" but didn't. They could cite a million books on the subject but had no clue about the cultural or psychological implications of the theories we discussed. It annoyed me so much. Yes, we did have many socially conscious people but they neglected the other side of what they were discussing. I think culturally intelligence should be a type of intelligence which would describe someone who has an ability to implicitly understand and relate to different cultural views or different thought patterns. However, i think some would say, this would be the same as interpersonal or social intelligence. But I think social intelligence is too broad. I also think EQ & SI often don't make enough distinction between thought and behavior. You can understand someone's thought pattern but not have the ability to relate to them interpersonally.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone thinks they understand something completely because they can grasp intellectually.

I think other intelligences should be added to the list of intelligences such as artistic and aesthetic intelligence, as well as spiritual intelligence. I don't see existential intelligence as spiritual intelligence. With existential intelligence you can simply be someone who is intellectually curious about reason and being, the nature of things, etc. but not necessarily understand the spiritual nature of things such as sense the significance of those values or beliefs for personal and social wellbeing in pursuit or acknowledgement of higher consciousness. I also think aesthetic and artistic intelligence are separate. I see aesthetic intelligence as the ability to appreciate art and understand the nature of art as a subject, similar to a connoisseur. However, I see artistic intelligence or ability as the talent of the artist whether painting, sculpture, architecture, etc. I tend to see more subtle distinctions while many see vague similarities.

I think there needs to be separation of intelligence from the emotional depth which connection to particular type of intelligence can create. For example, I saw this all the time in my grad classes, people who were highly intellectual about a topic but had no emotional understanding of the topic. They were treated as know it alls who just "got it" but didn't. They could cite a million books on the subject but had no clue about the cultural or psychological implications of the theories we discussed. It annoyed me so much. Yes, we did have many socially conscious people but they neglected the other side of what they were discussing. I think culturally intelligence should be a type of intelligence which would describe someone who has an ability to implicitly understand and relate to different cultural views or different thought patterns. However, i think some would say, this would be the same as interpersonal or social intelligence. But I think social intelligence is too broad. I also think EQ & SI often don't make enough distinction between thought and behavior. You can understand someone's thought pattern but not have the ability to relate to them interpersonally.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone thinks they understand something completely because they can grasp intellectually.
how would you measure these intelligences and boil them down into numerical form?

how would you measure these intelligences and boil them down into numerical form?

Just like the others. Form a test based on questions that would identify traits that would be common to someone with each type of intelligence. It wouldn't be any different from the way we've learned to identify the other intelligences. And if most score high on the questions which signal the dominance of each intelligence, then you have a numerical score.

Just like the others. Form a test based on questions that would identify traits that would be common to someone with each type of intelligence. It wouldn't be any different from the way we've learned to identify the other intelligences. And if most score high on the questions which signal the dominance of each intelligence, then you have a numerical score.

What are some examples of questions youd ask? Reason im wondering is that it seems backwards to gather emotional information the same way you intellectual information.

What are some examples of questions youd ask? Reason im wondering is that it seems backwards to gather emotional information the same way you intellectual information.
I'm little confused by this part. If you can have a test for social or intrapersonal intelligence, then why would it be that difficult to develop testing for other types of emotional intelligences? Emotional intelligences are linked to how we think. So, if you could identify particular patterns or ways of thinking, then you come with a theory about how thought processes reflect particular unique abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
I've always liked the Co-Intelligence Institute List of intelligences because it allows for more variations in types than broader categories. However, many think some are too similar and it's not recognized as a legitimate list. But I appreciate the variety:

• PRACTICAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to think in concrete examples and solve daily problems directly without necessarily being able to explain how; the tendency to survive or succeed through taking straightforward, responsive, concrete action. (Also called marketing, strategic or political intelligence -- since it focuses on "the art of the possible" -- or just common sense or simple effectiveness.)
  • VERBAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to think and communicate effectively and creatively with words; and to recognize, use and appreciate linguistic patterns.
  • LOGICAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to think in terms of (and to appreciate) abstract parts, symbols and sequential relationships, conceptual regularities or numerical patterns, and to reach conclusions or construct things in an orderly way. (Also called rational, analytic or mathematical intelligence.)
  • ASSOCIATIVE INTELLIGENCE is the ability to think in non-sequential associations -- similarities, differences, resonances, meanings, relationships, etc. -- and to create (and appreciate) totally new patterns and meanings out of old ones.
  • SPATIAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to visualize, appreciate and think in terms of pictures and images; to graphically imagine possibilities; and to observe, understand, transform and orient oneself in visual reality. (Also called pictorial or imaginative intelligence.)
  • INTUITIVE INTELLIGENCE is the ability to know directly, to perceive and appreciate whole or hidden patterns beyond (or faster than) logic.
  • MUSICAL INTELLIGENCE is the capacity to perceive, appreciate, resonate with, produce and productively use rhythms, melodies, and other sounds.
  • AESTHETIC INTELLIGENCE is the ability to produce, express, communicate and appreciate in a compelling way inner, spiritual, natural and cultural realities and meanings. (This can include aspects of verbal, musical and spatial intelligences.)
  • BODY INTELLIGENCE is the ability to sense, appreciate, and utilize one's own body -- movement, manual dexterity, tactile sensitivity, physical responsiveness and constraints; to create and think in terms of physiological patterns; to maintain physical health; and to relate to or meet the needs of others' bodies. (Also called kinesthetic or somatic intelligence.)
  • INTERPERSONAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to perceive, understand, think about, relate to and utilize other people's subjective states, and to estimate their likely behavior. This includes, especially, empathy.
  • SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to work with others and find identity and meaning in social engagement; to perceive, think, and deal in terms of multi-person patterns, group dynamics and needs, and human communities; it includes a tendency towards cooperation and service. (Also called team intelligence.)
  • AFFECTIONAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to be affected by, connected to or resonant with people, ideas, experiences, aesthetics, or any other aspect of life; to experience one's liking or disliking of these things; and to use one's affinities in decision-making and life.
  • MOOD INTELLIGENCE is the ability to fully experience any mood as it happens (without having to judge it or do anything about it), to learn from it, and to move out of it at will -- especially to generate resilience.
  • MOTIVATIONAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to know and to work with what moves you; to sense, think and initiate in terms of needs, wants, will, courage, responsibility and action -- one's own and others. (This can include that aspect of mood intelligence that can marshal emotions in the service of a goal.)
  • INTRAPERSONAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to recognize, access and deal with one's own subjective (or inner) world. (This can include aspects of affectional, mood, motivational and body intelligences.)
  • EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to experience, think and deal with emotional patterns in oneself and others. (This can include aspects of interpersonal, intrapersonal, affectional, mood and motivational intelligences.)
  • BASIC INTELLIGENCE is the ability to move toward what is healthy and desirable and away from what is unhealthy or undesirable. (This can use affectional and practical intelligences, or be almost automatic and instinctual.)
  • BEHAVIORAL PATTERN INTELLIGENCE is the ability to recognize, form and change one's own behavioral patterns, including compulsions, inhibitions and habits.
  • PARAMETER INTELLIGENCE is the ability to create and sustain order and predictability -- to recognize, establish, sustain, and change rhythms, routines/rituals, boundaries, guiding principles/values/beliefs, etc., in one's own life.
  • HABIT INTELLIGENCE is the ability to recognize, form and change one's habits (which naturally embraces many aspects of behavioral and parameter intelligence).
  • ORGANIZING INTELLIGENCE is the ability to create order in one's own life and in other lives/groups/systems. (This can include aspects of parameter, team/social, and logical intelligences)
  • SPIRITUAL INTELLIGENCE is the ability to sense, appreciate and think with spiritual and moral realities and patterns -- to operate from an awareness of ultimate common ground (consciousness, spirit, nature, or some other sacred dimension). (This is usually dependent on intrapersonal intelligence.) (Also called moral or transcendental intelligence.)
  • NARRATIVE INTELLIGENCE is the ability to perceive, know, think, feel, explain one's experience and influence reality through the use of stories and narrative forms (characters, history, myth, dreams, scenarios, etc.).
  • ECO-INTELLIGENCE is the ability to recognize, appreciate, think and feel with, and utilize natural patterns and one's place in nature, and to empathize with and sustain healthy relationships with animals, plants and natural systems.
http://www.co-intelligence.org/multiIntelligence.html

I'm little confused by this part. If you can have an test for social or intrapersonal intelligence, then why would it be that difficult to develop testing for other types of emotional intelligences? Emotional intelligences are linked to how we think. So, if you could identify particular patterns or ways of thinking, then you come with a theory about how thought processes reflect particular unique abilities.

Seems you'd be filtering that knowledge through the subjects intellect as he analyzes his own emotions, spirituality, etc to put the right answer to the test.

Seems you'd be filtering that knowledge through the subjects intellect as he analyzes his own emotions, spirituality, etc to put the right answer to the test.

Of course, it requires cognitive analysis to recognize distinctions. Some ways of knowing are not simply intellectual but have an emotional component to grasp them fully. I don't remember saying that intellect wasn't required. I just don't see being able to test for other unrecognized types of intelligence as contradicting the idea that some topics require a little more than intellect to understand their significance or relevance. Someone can learn and process a subject intellectually but it doesn't mean they fully understand the whole meaning or significance of what they've grasped.

[MENTION=1669]Maven[/MENTION]
Moreover, one need not be intellectually skillful to grasp the essence of something.

How does a hawk soar in circles through the air without flapping her wings? How is she staying up in the air?

Fact is, she isn't. She's always descending relative to the air, even when soaring. How can this be? Simple - the air is moving up faster than she can descend through it. If you were to color the air so you could see it, and only focused on the hawk, she'd appear to be travelling downwards. That's not even the technical explanation, it's the natural one.

Really? You never see the relationships of real world interactions? Such as tire contact patch vs. weight distribution vs. surface strength vs. shear strength?

Or that a craft cannot get off the ground if its thrust to weight ratio is less than 1, unless you help it with aerodynamic lift? That the thrust to weight ratio is also the g-force that the vehicle can generate, and therefore it must exceed local gravity to fly (1 g, therefore can't be less than 1 because it would be less than the power of gravity) unless you help it with wings?

I think mathematically a great deal but not like you do. I also excel at math and see mathematical ratios in the world around me but I think your thinking is more of a Ti type while mine is more Te. I think more about the organization of things mathematically like with resources, money, space and time whereas your processing may be something else entirely. Perhaps you can enlighten me abut what it is you play with mathematically? is it just physics type stuff or other things as well? I can't wait to take physics in the next couple years, I'm really looking forward to it. Math is beauty.

Reactions: Gaze
I think mathematically a great deal but not like you do. I also excel at math and see mathematical ratios in the world around me but I think your thinking is more of a Ti type while mine is more Te. I think more about the organization of things mathematically like with resources, money, space and time whereas your processing may be something else entirely. Perhaps you can enlighten me abut what it is you play with mathematically? is it just physics type stuff or other things as well? I can't wait to take physics in the next couple years, I'm really looking forward to it. Math is beauty.

Everything is math to me really.

Even when I'm playing a video game where other people can hide from me in the game, such as a battle game, I've been accused of being a cheater simply because I work out where they are without any obvious clues. A lot of times it's just where I'd want to be if I were them, the probability of them thinking like I do, crossed with where I know they aren't, where they haven't been, and how fast they could have gotten anywhere since I've last seen them.

I've been known to follow players behind walls based on their movement vector vs the situational probability of them changing it for whatever reason (and a lot of times I know the reason, such as a team mate covering the exit)

Everything is math to me really.

Even when I'm playing a video game where other people can hide from me in the game, such as a battle game, I've been accused of being a cheater simply because I work out where they are without any obvious clues. A lot of times it's just where I'd want to be if I were them, the probability of them thinking like I do, crossed with where I know they aren't, where they haven't been, and how fast they could have gotten anywhere since I've last seen them.

I've been known to follow players behind walls based on their movement vector vs the situational probability of them changing it for whatever reason (and a lot of times I know the reason, such as a team mate covering the exit)

Sounds a lot more like logic than math besides the probability and speed you were talking about but I suppose both forms of intelligenceuse essentially the same processing. I think you might be the most logically oriented person on the forum. haha Which is spectacular, it make you quite the individual.

Sounds a lot more like logic than math besides the probability and speed you were talking about but I suppose both forms of intelligenceuse essentially the same processing. I think you might be the most logically oriented person on the forum. haha Which is spectacular, it make you quite the individual.

It's more a form of abstract algebra and propositional calculus. These are math fields. Abstract math fields. There's more to math than numbers.

It's also some times called 'pure mathematics' which is somewhat removed from 'applied mathematics'.

Edit:
Also 'change' counts as a mathematical concept.

Self (Intrapersonal) 3.71
Logic/Math 3.57
Language 3.57

*shrugs* Not surprised. Typical NT with interest in psychology/personality scores. And I believe Ni dom as well. We seem to have Self somewhere in the top three across the INJs.

I looked back at the poll results to see if much has changed... I thought it said 11 people had Physical fitness (etc.) in their top three :p
Nope. Still predominantly self. I really ought to wake up.

3.29 on language (linguistic) and self (interpersonal)
2.84 on nature.... *shrugs* not really concerning to me right now.

Self would be intrapersonal. Inter - means "in the midst of", "together", "mutually", etc. Intra means "within". Think of the "A" in "intra" of intrapersonal to mean "alone".

Self would be intrapersonal. Inter - means "in the midst of", "together", "mutually", etc. Intra means "within". Think of the "A" in "intra" of intrapersonal to mean "alone".
Ah, had assumed it was some sort of typo. Good to know.