Ship of Your Dreams | INFJ Forum

Ship of Your Dreams

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
If you lived on a ship, what kind of ship would that be?

It could be magical... or maybe not magical.

It could be big, or small - a ship or a boat.

It could be a sea ship, an air ship, a space ship, or some other kind of ship.

It could contain multitudes... or it could contain just yourself.

What would it be like?

Last edited:
USS da vinci

The prettiest space ship of all, with some awesome non-creepy technology.
Star-Trek-3-USS-Enterprise.jpg

I'd want the regular crew and have the rank of Commodore, or admiral for myself... so I don't have to do much, but must be obeyed.
:p

My boat would be a little sail boat made out of timber, with eyes painted on either side of the bow like the boat "Lookfar" in Ursula Le Guin's "Wizard of Earthsea" novel. Inside would be some comfy cushioning for me to relax on, and a box containing snacks and a flask of water. My boat would take me through many strange unearthly lands. Sometimes it would sail through cosmic environments of space and time to take me to the next land, and maybe through other dimensions. I would never be able to be sure whether the land we arrived at was "real" or not. But my boat would always be waiting on the shore where I stepped out of it, ready to take me onward to the next place when it was time to leave. Sometimes I would go to sleep for a long time between lands, just a really long time of sleeping. While sleeping, I would still travel across strange dream landscapes with my boat as my guide. As I got older, the effects of time would slow down on me exponentially, and I would sleep for longer and longer. Eventually my boat and I would travel towards the land of infinity, never stopping and going forever onwards, going always slower and always faster, closer and closer towards infinity.

View attachment 33936 Think the size of the ship in Firefly only in much better condition, sleek and bristling with weapons. Then add the blink drive from Dark Matter.

Last edited:
It would be awesome and five dimensional. It would have multiple capabilities. The guards will be along shortly.

440354fa1d6bd5f35b72ce206ee6a071.jpg

Last edited:
In Octavia Butler's Lilith's Brood collection, the aliens space ship is actually a living organism that they grow and maintain a symbiotic relationship with. It's been years since I read the books (highly recommend!) Anyway the ship is able to grow food and anything needed. (I need to go back and read these books again.) I think something like that mixed with the TARDIS capabilities to appear small and inconspicuous on the outside while traveling through all of space and time would make for an exemplary vessel!

Last edited:
In Octavia Butler's Lilith's Brood collection, the aliens space ship is actually a living organism that they grow and maintain a symbiotic relationship with.
Like Moya from Farscape.

moya___red_star.jpg

I think something like that mixed with the TARDIS capabilities to appear small and inconspicuous on the outside while traveling through all of space and time would make for an exemplary vessel!

Conversely I want a time-traveling ship that's large and phallic so I can penetrate space and time.

76211bf2149323b904ba23030b461561.jpg

from Captain Harlock (not time traveling)

If you lived on a ship, what kind of ship would that be?

It could be magical... or maybe not magical.

It could be big, or small - a ship or a boat.

It could be a sea ship, an air ship, a space ship, or some other kind of ship.

It could contain multitudes... or it could contain just yourself.

What would it be like?
1kvpLb6.jpg

the aliens space ship is actually a living organism that they grow and maintain a symbiotic relationship with
Like Moya from Farscape.
This was totally my first thought! Only slightly more like her hybrid leviathan/peacekeeper baby Talyn.

*nerd alert!*

I..I'll just see myself out.

latest

Reactions: Free