[INFJ] - Sentiment? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Sentiment?

Sentimental concepts are usually based on feelings and emotions, rather than reason. Personally, most of my sentimental behavior has been toward feelings of love or attachment. I call those positive sentiments. It can lead to wanting to hang onto something, as opposed to letting it go. You should know all about feelings, being infj.

I can also become quite saddened thinking of the future. Life situations are not always enjoyable. We can sometimes "see" what is going to happen, making us want to rush out and implement change for a better ending or solution.

I cannot tell you if those things you asked about are related, but suggest your being infj can be.I am not a professional. Welcome. Your avatar makes me want to say "Dig!"

strong derealization and OCD
Quick question for you...do you experience OCD or OCPD?

OCD is typically unchangeable whereas Obsesive Compulsive Personality Disorder can be. You are free to answer or not.

With 'reality' issues and 'realization' that the old patterns of experiencing things are moving away and new patterns emerging it can be a difficult transition. Often we hold onto people, places and things in a sentimental way while we experience changes in life as our attempt to stay grounded. It's ok to be sentimental, just not overly so, as it can morph to obsession, ergo the purpose of my opening question.

Wishing you well.

I have experienced OCD. I was constantly seeking signs of omen or hidden meaning which is a Ni thing I suppose.

That's OCD? Sounds like psychosis.

When I was experiencing the world as dreamlike and looking for hidden meanings everywhere (and finding them) this was labelled as schizophrenia.

edit: regarding the topic though, I'd say it links with introverted sensing (and yes, INFJs have introverted sensing too...)

Last edited:
Reactions: mikiofpersia
Hey y'all,

Unfortunately, it has just came out that I'm NOT an INFJ but ISFJ, a Si-dominant. I'm very dissapointed because for the last 3 months I was sure about my type and I really enjoyed this community. I don't know what to say... I'm really sorry for sowing confusion. I was sure that I have an introverted intuition... but not in the 8th place.