Self Assessment Test Results | INFJ Forum

Self Assessment Test Results

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
Always remember an important fact.

Self assessment test results only indicate how you see yourself.

When answering questions about yourself, even your most honest answers are exhibiting your self opinion, which may or may not be accurate, because you can only measure yourself based on how you see yourself.

Whatever test result you get will only show you, and anyone you share it with, how you see yourself. Your self opinion does not make your test results automatically true.

This is why the process of self discovery is so important with respect to determining your best fit MBTI type. Many people, myself included, have come to realize that we were not the type we originally scored as. Our self opinion was a little off from the truth of ourselves. Self discovery not only helps you find your best fit type, it helps you really understand how you think, and that's worth far more than deciding on some arbitrary and esoteric archetype to describe yourself. Truly knowing yourself is one of the greatest things a person can do, and that's the true benfit of the MBTI and the Jungian archetypes - helping you discover and know yourself.

Another thing to note...

How our minds really operate is much more unique than any archetype could ever describe because as Carl Jung even said, "Every individual is an exception to the rule."

There are a few tests out there that help us realize which cognitive functions we prefer, in what order, and at what level of use. Those results are the best map for you as an individual, no matter how well or how poorly they fit any given archetype. Most importantly, the human mind is dynamic and adaptive, able to change its preferences to suit different situations. Depending on the situation, your scores may vary, sometimes greatly. That's perfectly normal and still a good indication of who you are - in that situation.

You are not only an individual, you're an adaptive individual, capable of so much more than any test, or set of tests could ever tell you.

Never forget that.

Yes, i agree with you von hase. I am looking for it too. I want to know, i mean i want to discover my personality. Two things are ok: i am EN.

It tells everytime in my tests. But what about other twos. I think I am ENFP, or ENTP.

Reasons: I think i am thought perceiving person. I am less emotional to results or to people. I become emotional when i needed. I am thinker. I know, primary is Extroverted and secondary is introverted.

Can you tell me what is my personality type? Help me, please.

Yes, i agree with you von hase. I am looking for it too. I want to know, i mean i want to discover my personality. Two things are ok: i am EN.

It tells everytime in my tests. But what about other twos. I think I am ENFP, or ENTP.

Reasons: I think i am thought perceiving person. I am less emotional to results or to people. I become emotional when i needed. I am thinker. I know, primary is Extroverted and secondary is introverted.

Can you tell me what is my personality type? Help me, please.

If you are an ENFP or ENTP, you will have extroverted intuition (Ne) as your dominant function. If you are certain that you are an extroverted intuitive dominant, then it is only a matter of deciding if you are ENFP or ENTP.

Both of these types have Feeling and Thinking as their secondary and tertiary traits. ENFP = Ne > Fi > Te > Si. ENTP = Ne > Ti > Fe > Si. This makes the two types seem similar from time to time.

If you are the type of person who feels deeply and thinks in terms of how things relate, you are an ENFP.

If you are the type of person who thinks in terms of how things work, and feel how things should be, you are an ENTP.

Here is a quiz that might help you decide.

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/

If you are the type of person who feels deeply and thinks in terms of how things relate, you are an ENFP.

yes,i am this type. My NF is higher. I have introverted feeling. I have extroverted intuition too. But i will do this test and i will see what comes as result.

Last edited:
Most importantly, the human mind is dynamic and adaptive, able to change its preferences to suit different situations.

This is one of the most important truths missing from some discussions of typing. There is a strong tendency to believe that we MUST fall into one of the type categories fairly easily. This is a fallacy which encourages us to believe that we can't help how we act, behave, or think because we are a particular type. Fact is, we have choices. Simply because we are predisposed think, act, or respond in a particular doesn't mean we are unable to change, adapt, and operate as another type.

I'm likely a mix of INFP, INTJ, INFJ, and some EN-type when i'm teaching (not sure which one).

Last edited: