Sedative herbs make me more attractive? | INFJ Forum

Sedative herbs make me more attractive?

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
This is the second time I've gone on sedative herbs and supplements. Again, I notice that men are more attracted to me....but I also seem to be making better friendships with other women.

What is going on? Is my personality on sedative herbs more attractive than my natural personality or do these herbs produce a different vibration in my body which is picked up by others? I suppose if one is calmer and more agreeable, they are better liked. Either that or I used to be naturally neurotic and herbs have calmed me down.

I don't know....

Perhaps the herbs are effecting your perception of these things.

is there a cosby joke in this somewhere?

Last edited:
It could be that the men finding you attractive are looking for that elusive, calm cool girl. That girlfriend that gets rattled by nothing, takes upsets in stride, is a calming soothing elixir in a chaotic and hormone driven world.

For what its worth, I personally was being serious with my suggestion.

[video=youtube;nxpj4B_-1Rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxpj4B_-1Rs[/video]

Maybe you're just assuming a different personality, a placebo effect of sorts. If you feel that you can alleviate some stress and tension then I definitely think it can affect your personality and how you are perceived.

I don't really know anything about any effects of sedative herbs, so I wouldn't really know.

This is the second time I've gone on sedative herbs and supplements. Again, I notice that men are more attracted to me....but I also seem to be making better friendships with other women.

What is going on? Is my personality on sedative herbs more attractive than my natural personality or do these herbs produce a different vibration in my body which is picked up by others? I suppose if one is calmer and more agreeable, they are better liked. Either that or I used to be naturally neurotic and herbs have calmed me down.

I don't know....

What was your reason for taking them?

Maybe they have a calming effect that makes you relax and smile more. People like smiling.

):

Placebo effect?

I'd go with the calming effect idea. I have a lot of time for herbal based approaches as they seem to simply work better with the body. At times where I have had to deal with situations not of my choosing I have found certain combinations have smoothed the process. I regularly use herbal sleeping remedies as I have an overactive mind. They work wonderfully. The only downside is often the smell of mixtures but intrinsically I kind of trust them more because they are pungent.

So, you probably have a greater sense of ease maybe that you are doing something good for your body and it shows? Or something positive like that.

Good to hear anyway x

[MENTION=9859]Switchgirl[/MENTION]
You think it will affect you, the thought of it helping can make a positive effect

I'd go with the calming effect idea. I have a lot of time for herbal based approaches as they seem to simply work better with the body. At times where I have had to deal with situations not of my choosing I have found certain combinations have smoothed the process. I regularly use herbal sleeping remedies as I have an overactive mind. They work wonderfully. The only downside is often the smell of mixtures but intrinsically I kind of trust them more because they are pungent.

So, you probably have a greater sense of ease maybe that you are doing something good for your body and it shows? Or something positive like that.

Good to hear anyway x

Yeah, probably I appear more agreeable and at ease. As I said, it is not just men but people in general.

Reminds me a bit of Marilyn Monroe, but she took sedatives and barbituates. However, I am sure that her available aura had something to do with the drugs she was taking.

Valerian root? Kava? Passion flower? St. John's? Chamomile? Do you take them at bed or in the morning when you wake up?

Herbs aren't actually supposed to shift your personality unless you have an underlying health issue...So perhaps it is all perception?

It could also be placebo effect like Switchgirl mentioned.

Valerian root? Kava? Passion flower? St. John's? Chamomile? Do you take them at bed or in the morning when you wake up?

Herbs aren't actually supposed to shift your personality unless you have an underlying health issue...So perhaps it is all perception?

It could also be placebo effect like Switchgirl mentioned.

I have at various points tried all the ones you mentioned and grown quite a few too which is mightily rewarding. I would say that anything from the earth would be likely to be able to affect the body and even DNA structures. Not sure about the idea of personality being affected as by and large that is set from a very early age... well, so some theories go.

For some yes, it could be a placebo effect as realistically there is not a singular reaction for all people. I usually choose interactional theories as they make more sense to me.

So, to clarify I would go with the idea that the herbs aid well being, structurally and psychologically x

I have at various points tried all the ones you mentioned and grown quite a few too which is mightily rewarding. I would say that anything from the earth would be likely to be able to affect the body and even DNA structures. Not sure about the idea of personality being affected as by and large that is set from a very early age... well, so some theories go.

For some yes, it could be a placebo effect as realistically there is not a singular reaction for all people. I usually choose interactional theories as they make more sense to me x

Which ones have you grown? That is awesome (that you have grown them)! They can be like tea in the sense you are aware the antioxidants will help your body fight illness and stress, but how much does it actually take to start curing the condition? I got diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder once when I was under massive amounts of stress. I don't actually have a generalized anxiety disorder (other doctors confirmed), but during that time I would take valerian root at night to help me relax for sleep. It worked wonders and people were more comfortable around a well rested/mellow Nosferatu.

[MENTION=12210]nosferatu[/MENTION] Oh, I grow most things in my little herb garden. It is nice to go out and pick a bunch of stuff. Herbal plants look pretty too. Did you know that Chamomile stops period pains as do fresh pineapples? Everything we need is in the earth already, always was. Not sure how true this is but I heard that common pain remedies in tablet form originally were sourced from a particular tree used by Native Americans. I do use medications if prescribed but place more confidence in herbalists.

There are a number of remedies for anxiety which I have found work. I just have, 'not wanting to be exposed to people generally' disorder. Which I take more as firm common sense than being problematic but hey. These things are a matter of trial and error but when you find something which suits it can be very very liberating indeed. I hope this is what the OP is experiencing xxx

[MENTION=12210]nosferatu[/MENTION] Oh, I grow most things in my little herb garden. It is nice to go out and pick a bunch of stuff. Herbal plants look pretty too. Did you know that Chamomile stops period pains as do fresh pineapples? Everything we need is in the earth already, always was. Not sure how true this is but I heard that common pain remedies in tablet form originally were sourced from a particular tree used by Native Americans. I do use medications if prescribed but place more confidence in herbalists.

There are a number of remedies for anxiety which I have found work. I just have, 'not wanting to be exposed to people generally' disorder. Which I take more as firm common sense than being problematic but hey. These things are a matter of trial and error but when you find something which suits it can be very very liberating indeed. I hope this is what the OP is experiencing xxx

Didn't know about pineapples...I will have to try them when my next red wave of doom approaches. I usually drink a lot of chamomile tea during that time, it is a pretty good anti-inflammatory too. I like it that herbal stuff usually doesn't have as severe side effects too. I don't see side effects listing death, death, death, drop of white blood cell count, seizures, fatal rash, etc on the herbal stuff XD!

[MENTION=9859]Switchgirl[/MENTION]
You think it will affect you, the thought of it helping can make a positive effect

Oh, I understand this post now. I didn't see your post above. I basically have the same views as you but compiled it into two words lol