Sanders with an S | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Sanders with an S

while all good points, and simple in concept, they are not simple in implementation. If these get passed, implementation will be anything but simple.

I disagree…we implemented most of what is trying to be re-implimented basically besides the free college..though however you could go to college in the 50’s and 60’s with a part time minimum wage job and still live.
That seems laughable almost now, but it wasn’t so long ago, and it was exactly things like the people being tired of getting gouged for every. single. damn. thing. in the country.
So sick of it, and I think others are too….it all a matter of priorities.

Reactions: rawr
12494774_10154661317842908_3413149972665175940_n.png

I will agree that the money spent on corporate interests to include banks needs to be looked at very closely. The auto and housing industries never should have been bailed out. But even so, what did we Americans do about the fact they were?
I dont have any problem with benefiting people. I have an issue with giving people free stuff. I have said it before and my position has not changed and it never will. There is a reason people get out of bed every morning and become a functioning part of society. They have to. If you just give people things why would anyone ever go to work? Sure some would pursue what they love but how many people love to collect trash? We go to work so that we can have the things we need (food, health care). Give that to people with no expectations and the world comes to a halt.

Except for the fact that people don't live simply for basic necessities, but genuinely enjoy luxuries and pursuing achievements. You equate basic necessities with luxuries. Your argument is ridiculous.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

The last time you tried to push the same argument, you questioned the very legitimacy of legal rights because they cannot be backed up by physical laws. An extraordinarily dubious claim.

I would like to take a stab at the politics question.
I believe that to be a part of society you need to contribute to society to the best of your ability. Obviously there are those who do not have the ability to contribute as much due to circumstances beyond their control and those people need to be looked after. However I also believe people need to have the choice of doing what they want. So if you choose to be a crack head and dont affect anyones life in the negative except your own thats fine. Just dont expect any help that involves tax payer money to help you.
Dont expect free handouts. Dont expect entitlements because you arent entitled to anything juat because you are born.If I work my butt of to get what I get, why do you feel as if you deserve the same as me when you dont work. If I dont have to work for what I have, why would I work at all?
Its very simple. One of the simplest things to understand. And yet the answer eludes so many people.
So yeah, if it ever comes to it I will fight and die for what I believe in. I believe in America and the ideals it was founded on. Not a perfect country, but a beacon of hope as to the progression of where mankind can go if it so chooses. And thats everything one major political side in America doesnt want. They want servitude.

Here again, in the bolded, you negate legal rights because they are artificial yet at the same time make a legal claim to the right to the outcome of your own work! That is a legal claim. I could steal your goods or kill you and take them without any legal repercussions if that were the case.

You cannot make an argument and negate it based on the same principle. You don't deserve shit based on your own principle.

Washington Post, April 2016

DEMOCRATIC DELEGATE COUNTS

hillary-clinton-gray.jpg
Clinton
bernie-sanders-gray.jpg
Sanders
Pledged:1,2891,045
Unpledged*:46931

Nomination: 2,383

View full scoreboard

*Superdelegates, labeled here as unpledged delegates, are free to support any candidate for the Democratic nomination although their vote is not official until the Democratic National Convention in July. Pledged delegates come to their nomination conclusion after a party primary and/or caucus in each state. Only unpledged delegates who have told The Associated Press whom they support at this time are included. Counts may not update as frequently as our live results.
Source: AP. Graphic: Kevin Schaul and Samuel Granados.

The point of listing the elected delegates without the super ones is to show that the race between Sanders and Clinton is not a done deal. And it is not a done deal. Most of the states that vote in super tuesday go republicrat in the general.

The point of listing the delegate count with the super delegates included is to demoralize opposition to Clinton.

So the facts are really beholden to the narrative.

I hate posters like this, mixing facts with an obvious bias. Let's just stick to the facts:

• For the democratic party,
    2,383 delegates are needed to win the nomination​
  • As of March 3, 2016:
    • 1,052 delegates have pledged to Hillary [457 superdelegates]
    • 427 have pledged to Sanders [22 superdelegates]
    • The numbers in this poster have subtracted superdelegates [presumably since they can change their vote]

So the crux here is the probability that the superdelegates will switch their stance. Yes, it happened in 2008. How likely is it it will happen again?
I don't see a problem in reporting the number of pledged, because i think this is an important number to record. Your NYTimes source does not hide the fact [though it's not exceptionally clear either] of these superdelegates. It's not always a conspiracy - it's a valid metric. Superdelegates are 'real' delegates by any stance.

I'll see if i can dig anything up hinting at the probability of the superdelegates' votes changing.

Sources:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate#Comparison_to_pledged_delegates

12993618_1008799949155684_3700297205816605812_n.jpg

That’s a little pathetic...but yes, more money for the war machines and to bail out Wall Street when it inevitably fucks up again.
Building more prisons instead of investing that money in education and healthcare is the Murican way I suppose...just wait till all these Baby Boomers who have no retirement saved or it has been wiped out by the loss of pensions and 401-k depreciation are too old to work...this issue of single payer/expanded Medicare with destroy the insurance companies as we know them now IMHO.​