Ron Paul... | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Ron Paul...

[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] I'm a stubborn woman and while you have the ability to have a Global Save the World viewpoint, I do not. I stopped that vision when I realized it was not possible. However; I do what I can as an individual ... volunteer work. If every single human being on this earth picked from a pool of what they could do to positively impact the life of other ... I wonder what our world would look like? I know you are very compassionate towards animals, and I only share this compassion to a very small degree as I feel human beings are far more important. You can be vegan, but it won't save the cows from the slaughterhouse. I understand that yes if EVERYONE was vegan this wouldn't be an issue. That's a mute point b/c it will never happen.

We have to ask ourselves questions like: What impact do I have on the world RIGHT NOW? Is it making a difference? If it's making a difference, how? We can talk about what we did in the past or we can talk about what we want to do in the future ... but if you died tomorrow ... it's just talk.

It's one thing to not be able to comprehend or see the implications in an issue, it's another thing to celebrate that ignorance. That's basically what Ron Paul supporters are doing with every rally they support and article they write. He's a scam artist selling snake oil to the uninformed masses and instead of doing research and educating themselves. the masses would rather stay uninformed.

And that works out well for him! Just like a snake oil vendor, the last thing RP wants is for his supporters to "do their homework" and think a little more deeply about a subject. If people start connecting the dots, they're likely to see that huge gap somewhere in the middle.

The idea that global politics has no effect on your everyday life; everything from the trade agreements (like NAFTA), the development of mega-corporations and the bank scandals lately. The idea that these things are somehow detached from our own personal lives.

American politics is like a Wile E. Coyote cartoon - where he has one good idea that suffers a minor mistake that causes it to fail and he abandons it completely, but the one crack-pot idea he has he repeats over and over again a dozen times. We've had leaders who saw a global picture and abused it for their own gains and we have the Libertarians that want to start over again from square one, but won't change the things that caused us to stray this far in the first place (just loop the last hundred years over again). Then we have the people who occasionally speak out with a new idea that fails simply due to lack of funding or publicity but has a solid founation... and no one ever looks twice at their ideas and revisits them.

Whose ideas are so blatantly overlooked? I agreee that there are problems with our system but the problems have gotten worse as the government has gotten bigger. Idk why you beilieve ron paul thinks global politics have no affect on people.

It's one thing to not be able to comprehend or see the implications in an issue, it's another thing to celebrate that ignorance. That's basically what Ron Paul supporters are doing with every rally they support and article they write. He's a scam artist selling snake oil to the uninformed masses and instead of doing research and educating themselves. the masses would rather stay uninformed.

And that works out well for him! Just like a snake oil vendor, the last thing RP wants is for his supporters to "do their homework" and think a little more deeply about a subject. If people start connecting the dots, they're likely to see that huge gap somewhere in the middle.

Funny, because that's what I think of those who brush him off as some kind of flake and support the status quo politicians.

Reactions: Sriracha
You all keep dancing round the truth

One person says 'Ron Paul's useless' another person says 'yeah but at least he's trying something' another says 'all politicians are phoneys' etc

Do you really think any of these people are gonna change anything? No because they are the puppets and they dance to the tune of the puppet masters and the puppet masters don't want to help you they want to help themselves.

Here's the painful truth we all need to come to a realisation of: the political system is failing us

It is totally rigged.

It cannot rescue us.

We need a root and branch change of how democracy works, how we allocate resources, how we put checks and balances on power, how we get our energy and on how we engage with other countries

That dialogue cannot begin until people stop the squabbling over 'democrats!, 'no republicans', 'no democrats', 'no ron paul', 'middle class', 'no working class', 'rich', 'no poor!'

Its all theatre designed to make people feel like they are involved in the decision making process when they AREN'T

If people want to be involved in the decision making process then they must recognise that the POLITICAL SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING for anyone except the elite

To bring about change needs a coordinated effort as if you stand, on your own, in the middle of washington DC with a mega phone shouting 'i want system change' you will be swiftly dealt with and your efforts will have come to naught.

That is why all this partisan crap must end and people need to start working together and opening up a dialogue of: 'how the system should be' and 'how are we the people going to bring about this new system against the wishes of the power elite?'

Last edited:
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] Words into actions. Are you doing anything about it?

@Sriracha

Yes

I'm talking about lifestyle choices and the dual power approach of creating a new system out of the shell of the old and membership of organisations working for positive change. If enough people do these sort of things then change will occur

Another thing people can do is share ideas online or irl

Last edited:
Reactions: hush and acd
Internet forum posts will smash the system!!!!!

They did in the north african and middle east revolutions

Ideas are travelling around the world with lightening speed. That can be a powerful agent for change and has been

Internet activity has also helped the occupy movements around the world especially as the mainstream corporate media tried to initially ignore it and then ridicule it before grudgingly accepting that it was there to stay and was a significant event

Why do you think the power elite are putting so much effort into controlling the internet with things like:

ACTA
PIPA
SOPA
'Spy Bloggers'
CIA interface with Facebook
Government regulatory czar Cass Sunstein wants US agents to infiltrate chat rooms and forums and spread misinformation, disrupt the flow of information and spread hope crushing cynicism

Its all about controlling flows of information. the internet can spread info that isn't in the mainstream corporate media and everyone can play a part in that no matter how large or small.

No need to get a job on a newspaper to be a journalist nowadays!

Last edited:
Big Brother aims to screen all online activity in UK

Here's another example of how the authorities are trying to control the internet. And the reason is because they know what a powerful agent for change it is because of its ability to spread information:

http://rt.com/news/uk-online-surveillance-plan-733/

Big Brother aims to screen all online activity in UK

British security agencies are pushing for a law, which would allow vast amount of private data to be collected and stored, according to media reports. Big Brother will know who you call to, what sites you surf and how you play video games.

The government wants details about text messages, phone calls, email, visited websites, Facebook and Twitter exchanges and even online games chats, British media report.

According to the initiative called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme, the data will be stored for a year and will be available to the secret services.

The security scheme requires Internet providers, landline and mobile phone operators to police their clients in and effort to combat terrorism.
What is said in text messages and phone calls will not be recorded, but much other data, including geographical whereabouts or people involved will be.
The plan is said to have been prepared by the Home Office in collaboration with home security service MI5, the foreign intelligence service MI6 and the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), the body responsible for signals intelligence and information assurance for UK

'US slipping into fascism'

Ron Paul has said, quite rightly that the US is slipping into fascism. Personally i think its already there but perhaps he doesn't want to alarm people too much. At some point people will have to face the reality though if they want to live in a free country:

Conspiracy%20Keanu%20Serious%20Shit_f8cc7a_2893052.jpg

Trying to use ridicule instead of facts.....very unoriginal

Meanwhile we are watching our countries turn into fascist states.

All those people who will decry the actions of the Nazis and deplore the holocaust and all the persecutions that resulted from a fascist state and yet they won't say a thing against the fascism in their own countries!

Incredible!

Now i can see how fascism gained control in germany.

People were either too ignorant to know what was going on or they were complicit in it because they believed that they stood to gain from it.

Of course the only people who really gained from the second world war was the bankers who financed it and the big corporations who provided all the military hardware, fuel additivies and zyclon b gas....the same families who are still profiting from wars

Last edited:
Trying to use ridicule instead of facts.....very unoriginal

Meanwhile we are watching our countries turn into fascist states.

All those people who will decry the actions of the Nazis and deplore the holocaust and all the persecutions that resulted from a fascist state and yet they won't say a thing against the fascism in their own countries!

Incredible!

Now i can see how fascism gained control in germany.

People were either too ignorant to know what was going on or they were complicit in it because they believed that they stood to gain from it.

Of course the only people who really gained from the second world war was the bankers who financed it and the big corporations who provided all the military hardware, fuel additivies and zyclon b gas....the same families who are still profiting from wars

The Libertarians are waving that same flag of Nationalism, have chosen a very charismatic "voice"and are telling people what they want to hear... just like a certain political party in Germany did. And just like Germany did, people in the US are either die-hard fanatics for RP and the Libertarians or they brush him off as joke.

The Libertarians are waving that same flag of Nationalism, have chosen a very charismatic "voice"and are telling people what they want to hear... just like a certain political party in Germany did. And just like Germany did, people in the US are either die-hard fanatics for RP and the Libertarians or they brush him off as joke.

I understand what you're saying

I've lost faith in the ability of the political system to effect change

I think it needs to be a grass roots movement from the people geared towards breaking corporate control and that means identifying the people behind the corporate interests and recognising the stranglehold they have over the levers of power in the USA and UK

That's a hard sell however as it means people having to put in more effort on top of the usual daily grind for example changing how they spend their money or participating in political activism

It also means building unity by overcoming entrenched and lazy prejudices against fellow members of public for example against 'occupy wallstreet hippies' or against 'tea baggers'

Also if you try to tell some people that the politicians don't really run things and that who really decides things is the people who hold all the money (and who control the money supply) they will call you a 'tin foil hat wearer'.

If you try and tell them that there is an ongoing move by the money trust towards greater centralisation of power and economic control (creation of national central banks such as the fed followed by international bodies such as the UN, IMF, Bank for International Settlements, European Central Bank and World Bank) and that each crisis is used as an excuse to centralise power even further they will call you a 'conspiracy theorist'!

If you try and tell them that the wealthier elite members of society have since the days of the priesthood of sumeria maintained their cohesion as a group through membership of various groups or societies that have always been exclusive and kept their activities secret from the rest of society and they will call you 'crazy'

So in order to build a cohesive grass roots movement there needs to be increased awareness of whats really going on

However more and more people are asking questions about the nature of the relationship between government and wallstreet

There's going to be civil unrest. The question is will it be organised and peaceful and undermine government excuses for a violent crackdown or will it be chaotic and justify martial law and the arrest and detention of 'enemies of the state'?

I'd hope for the former but all it would take is for the elite to declare a bank holiday and there would likely be food riots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasmus