Rio 2106 Paralympics | INFJ Forum

Rio 2106 Paralympics

James

Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
Retired Staff
Dec 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I am just watching the opening ceremony of the Rio 2016 Paralympics, which has so far been absolutely spectacular. I am embarrassed to say, until 2012 I had never really paid attention to them. They are amazing.

It's not a 'pity' watch either, these guys really really go for it. I hope every one tunes in, the 'life story' of some of the athletes is amazing. My favorite team this time will not be GB, it will have to be the Refugee team. Having worked with some disabled people, and gotten to know them a little, I can say I think I learned a few things.

They don't ever want or expect sympathy, they don't feel sorry for themselves, and they won't allow anyone to feel sorry for them either. Their main issues, are they want fair play, adjustments for work and travel and to be treated equally. That seem fair enough to me. I think the games are a great way for them to showcase their talents and abilities, and ? That aside from their disability/condition - they are just the same as everybody else.

Come on, no replies ? Omg, is this an infj forum ? I know it's me, and I know I am soooo boring.. but it's 11 days that change attitudes, and change lives.. In the opening ceremony, a paralympic athlete performed an incredible stunt to kick things off.. These games willl be incredible..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/37303326

Reactions: invisible and hush
This is pretty snazzy.

Reactions: invisible and Wyote
I've played some tennis and had lessons with an olympian who was a silver medalist. It wasn't really my thing, it was alright and I somewhat get the appeal. It's definitely respectable and the players are highly skilled.

I also played some murderball long ago. It is hands down the best event in my humble opinion. It is legit and they will fuck you up. The first time I really got slammed hard I was like nah I like keeping all my digits and brain cells thanks. Awesome to watch though. Much respect for the people that train and kill it. Check out the film, it's great.

Reactions: hush and invisible
Just don't really watch a lot of sports. I do watch Australian Rugby League sometimes but it's mainly for the spectacle of the hunks, I can't concentrate on sports very easily.

Do you think there's going to be paralympics by 2106? Let's hope so... or let's hope not... it's difficult to decide which.

Reactions: Wyote and hush