Resident Evil 7 is almost here!

Sloe Djinn

Idiot with Internet Access.
Mar 2, 2010
MBTI
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
6 was the only one I've ever pre-ordered and it sucked epically. Anybody else into RE? I've been a fan since the first. It looks like the series is finally going back to its roots.

capcom-revealed-their-new-resident-evil-7-biohazard-trailer.jpg

"HALLO THUR!"

Haven't owned a console in quite some time. I managed to play a little RE6, only because Leon was in it. RE5 looked pants, completed it on co-op with a friend. The last RE I played from start to finish, almost religiously was RE4. I mastered that game like nobodies business. I did speed run after speed run and armed myself with the Matilda. Was a lot of fun but I don't think I have the time these days.

Do you know who the Characters are for 7 ?

Haven't owned a console in quite some time. I managed to play a little RE6, only because Leon was in it. RE5 looked pants, completed it on co-op with a friend. The last RE I played from start to finish, almost religiously was RE4. I mastered that game like nobodies business. I did speed run after speed run and armed myself with the Matilda. Was a lot of fun but I don't think I have the time these days.

Do you know who the Characters are for 7 ?

They're cleaning the slate this time around, so while I will miss the familiar characters, there won't be any beat cops turned presidential bodyguards, Jill Sandwiches, or Umbrella. From what little I've seen, you're an unskilled ordinary person who is looking for his wife and somehow ended up in a dilapidated house in Louisiana where you're continually stalked by the crazy family living there.

Reactions: WonkyOracle
Out since 3

They're cleaning the slate this time around, so while I will miss the familiar characters, there won't be any beat cops turned presidential bodyguards, Jill Sandwiches, or Umbrella. From what little I've seen, you're an unskilled ordinary person who is looking for his wife and somehow ended up in a dilapidated house in Louisiana where you're continually stalked by the crazy family living there.
About time to be honest.

Although I'm a massive fan of Leon, there is only so much shit one person can go through in life.

I almost abandoned the franchise the moment Wesker turned up in RE5 dressed up like Neo from the Matrix. Capcom have been struggling for a while but hopefully this new shake up will add a bit of life. Plus a lot of new gamers weren't even born when S.T.A.R.S were in their prime. So there is little to no connection for them.

About time to be honest.

Although I'm a massive fan of Leon, there is only so much shit one person can go through in life.

I almost abandoned the franchise the moment Wesker turned up in RE5 dressed up like Neo from the Matrix. Capcom have been struggling for a while but hopefully this new shake up will add a bit of life. Plus a lot of new gamers weren't even born when S.T.A.R.S were in their prime. So there is little to no connection for them.
Have to agree. They scrambled for plot line like they never had a clue where it was going to go. Then they repeated it over and over adding a few twist every so often.

About time to be honest.

Exactly. The series pretty much collapsed and died under it's own weight. As an aside, I couldn't help noticing that Wesker magically picked up an evil British accent as the series progressed. What started out as a simple and scary (though admittedly mega campy in places) formula got old. Yeah, I loved RE4 and thought that it was a great way to re-invent the series. I thought it was unfortunate that Capcom kept building on the least-fun parts of that new formula. RE6 was purely annoying quick-time button-pressing death traps and arena shooter combat with characters who had no semblance of vulnerability. If I recall, you could pretty much beat your way through crowds of zombies if you didn't have ammo. It was really frustrating to have to wait through several minutes of totally boring, long cutscenes only to suddenly miss a quick-time event and have to watch the whole sequence all over again. That got old quick.

Have to agree. They scrambled for plot line like they never had a clue where it was going to go. Then they repeated it over and over adding a few twist every so often.

Big zombie with CLAW! Big zombie with EYEBALL CLAW!!! Big Zombie with ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've played all of them except 6 because my friend (who was a bigger fan than I even am) told me it was complete trash and to never play it. Basically, 4 was the last decent one and it was only decent because it was a totally different type of game, not RE at all, but still pretty fun to play. RE5 loaded it up with a bunch of crap, it's like 4 but somebody took a dump on it.

Looking forward to 7 but not the PTSD it'll probably be giving me.

Reactions: Sloe Djinn