Psychopath | INFJ Forum

Psychopath

Sorn

Community Member
Jun 12, 2020
MBTI
INFJ
Does anyone think that a psychopath really knows that he manipulates and exploits people?
Doesn't he believe much more that he has the gift of getting people to do the "right thing"?

What humble person would claim to be humble
or a generous one that he's given enough already?

I took one of those personality tests a while back
to find out if you're a P.
Fortunately, I'm not,but would a P can actually answer
the questions in such a way that he recognizes that he is a P?

Ps certainly see themselves as healers and philanthropists.
They think that they are warm and that everyone likes them. Therefore
they are often the centre of attention because everyone adores them and sticks to their mouth.
All the others are like sheep who know nothing to do with themselves, and are led
have to be. These others are really pushing themselves on him.

What do you think?

Reactions: John K and Sandie33
I'd recommend reading posts by a person called Athena Walker on Quora to get a realistic pictures of psychopathy. There are a lot of fakers on that site too but she seems to be genuine and working hard to dispel a lot of the myths about people with psychopathy.

Does anyone think that a psychopath really knows that he manipulates and exploits people? Yes, that makes them feel good in relation to their personal definition of 'good'. It pleases them to undo others.
Doesn't he believe much more that he has the gift of getting people to do the "right thing"? Again, yes, but based on his or her definition of what is right. The sense of a collective or societial agreed upon right/wrong is wrong for a psychopath, only their 'right' is right.
Like Jack the Ripper, he killed prostitutes because his mother was one, and he thought she was bad and wrong. His being a psychopathic serial killer is because he repetively 'killed his mother' with each prostitute he murdered. In his mind it would have been wrong to actually kill his mother, so the prostitutes served as surrogate.

What humble person would claim to be humble
or a generous one that he's given enough already?
What is it you mean?

I took one of those personality tests a while back
to find out if you're a P.
Fortunately, I'm not,but would a P can actually answer
the questions in such a way that he recognizes that he is a P?
No, that's why there are so many tests. ;)

Ps certainly see themselves as healers and philanthropists.
They think that they are warm and that everyone likes them. Therefore
they are often the centre of attention because everyone adores them and sticks to their mouth.
All the others are like sheep who know nothing to do with themselves, and are led
have to be. These others are really pushing themselves on him.

What do you think?
I don't think your assessment of perceiving function makes sense because the P/J function is used for individual conclusion and rationale based on what they've perceived the assembled data to be. How does a 'sheep' push themselves onto anyone, sheep usually just follow along. ;)

Reactions: Misty and John K
Perhaps I can explain my thoughts again.
A very good musician who plays a musical instrument knows best that he has to practice a lot. So he thinks that he has to become better. Everyone else thinks: he already plays very well.
A person who always tries to be helpful is more likely to reach the limits of his strength, because his nature leads him to be helpful without looking at his own powerlessness.
A stupid person does not know much about his own stupidity, because he is stupid. (Dunning-Kruger effect).https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
So can self-knowledge be objective?

I often see them as being the popular sort that is highly manipulative yet despite it all has wide social circles where they've collected acquaintances like kids do pokemon cards but ultimately has no real friends and no relationships of depth. I don't enjoy crossing paths with them especially on the job because the back biting is unreal to the point where people are either quitting or getting fired.

Does anyone think that a psychopath really knows that he manipulates and exploits people?
Doesn't he believe much more that he has the gift of getting people to do the "right thing"?
I suspect that people with psychopathic tendencies fall along a spectrum from good to evil just like anyone else. The ones who are more obvious are the evil ones so we associate psychopathic traits with evil, but I suspect some of the best surgeons, managers and soldiers in the world are psychopathic to a greater or lesser extent. They can easily use logic instead of empathy and feeling to assess and adopt good moral values, but are fearless and have the courage and focus to go where others fear to tread. That doesn't necessarily make them easy company, but that goes for many others of us too.

I suspect that people with psychopathic tendencies fall along a spectrum from good to evil just like anyone else. The ones who are more obvious are the evil ones so we associate psychopathic traits with evil, but I suspect some of the best surgeons, managers and soldiers in the world are psychopathic to a greater or lesser extent. They can easily use logic instead of empathy and feeling to assess and adopt good moral values, but are fearless and have the courage and focus to go where others fear to tread. That doesn't necessarily make them easy company, but that goes for many others of us too.

words of wisdom

In my experience. . a psychopath has no regard for the norms of anything, culture,, society, etc. their needs trump everything else. concepts of right and wrong do not apply to them.

This reminds me of the behaviour of artificial intelligence, which cannot have feelings.
The cold calculating nature of an autonomous car that calculates whether it would be better to head for the old woman on crutches or the baby carriage.

Reactions: mintoots and John K