Premonitions of a future life | INFJ Forum

Premonitions of a future life

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Have you ever had premonitions of your future life? Not necessarily psychic stuff, but things which you felt would happen later on and it came true, or you believe will likely come true? Inspired by something I read in blog post.

Well I have had dreams that have come true.
Also when I was 25 or so I had a pretty strong feeling I would be dead by 40. So much so I told people. As it turns out I am not dead however I did get sick at 39 and stayed very sick for almost 3 years where every day I felt like I could die at any minute.
I cant explain any of what happened but I think its safe to say there are things that happen where there is yet a way to explain them.
These days I tend to think we are part of a computer program where multiple versions of our universe are being simultaneous run. Occasionally data gets a bit mixed up when running through the processor and this allows us to see things that have yet to happen or that have happened somewhere else.

All the time. I get deja vu a lot too. I think a lot of it is just a predictable outcome based on how things are falling into place, combined with self-fulfilling prophecy.

Foresight is a gift.

Also just as a note my entire life I have felt as if something is wrong with the world. Something that should not be wrong but is. Like something has reached in, made a couple of adjustments and everything is off kilter now. ((Shrugs))

All the time. I get deja vu a lot too. I think a lot of it is just a predictable outcome based on how things are falling into place, combined with self-fulfilling prophecy.

Foresight is a gift.

I used to get dejavu all the time. I found that by concentration I could extend how long it lasted and I could also end it very easily by shaking it off. These days I rarely get it.

Foresight is a gift.

I wonder about this whether it's just things occurring naturally as a result of how they've progressed up to a point. I hate labeling things psychic because it generally sounds like something is just going to happen out of the blue, out of it's own accord, without explanation. So, I tend to stick with the more likely explanations. I don't really have premonitions but I get a feeling something will not likely happen or I can see myself progressing towards a certain path or direction although there's no way to really know. But I don't get factual premonitions where I feel I know that something is or isn't going to happen. It's usually more the sense that there will be a particular likely outcome based on how things have been moving.

I have had seven dreams come true. Four were about places I would live and three were about people coming into my life. After the first dream came true, I realized that they were different from normal dreams because they woke me up with a start and were oddly detailed. I started to write them down when I had them. I drew pictures of the places. It was helpful to have the pictures. After the third one matched, even my husband paid attention. Now, when I have one, I get scared a little because each one changed my life so significantly that I myself changed.

I have had seven dreams come true. Four were about places I would live and three were about people coming into my life. After the first dream came true, I realized that they were different from normal dreams because they woke me up with a start and were oddly detailed. I started to write them down when I had them. I drew pictures of the places. It was helpful to have the pictures. After the third one matched, even my husband paid attention. Now, when I have one, I get scared a little because each one changed my life so significantly that I myself changed.

Wow, that's cool.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] - I haven't had dreams which came true, but I've had deja vus . . . I think. I have had weird moments over the years where it suddenly dawns on me that I've had this moment before years back. Sometimes, I question it though because I'm not certain it's real or just my imagination.

I've experienced precognition throughout my life, but I only started crediting my intuition for it fairly recently. It used to feel more mystical.

I think intuition fuels the premonitions. And that there's a lot of information-gathering going on in the subconscious which is stored and then is called upon when the things we intuited come to pass. I think hypervigilance and empathy also come into play in this process.

And the things I had premonitions about did come to pass so frequently that I couldn't chalk it up to chance. But they often came to pass in a different shape than I anticipated.

Wow, that's cool.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] - I haven't had dreams which came true, but I've had deja vus . . . I think. I have had weird moments over the years where it suddenly dawns on me that I've had this moment before years back. Sometimes, I question it though because I'm not certain it's real or just my imagination.

Dejavu is interesting. Its also hard to study. Its not like they can have you ready to go into an mri machine when it happens. Doctors think its a loop in the mind. Considering we are only aware of something that feels like it happened before at the time it happens..well who is to say. Dreams that come true are a bit stranger to say the least. I estimate about 10 dreams on my end and all with exception of one were about movies or TV shows many years before they we conceived of. About a week before the tsunami Indonesia I had a dream about bieng on the ocean by a house and being almost caught by a wave as I scrambled over the rocks trying to get away by a house that got battered by it. Maybe not a big deal except I never had a dream about waves or the ocean before that I can remember. ..

I've also had a few dreams that have came true. Can't remember them all, but I do remember having a really unsettling dream of a terrible argument between my boyfriend and I. I woke up and was unsettled by the dream because everything between us was going fine.

The next day, unexpectedly we had the same argument and what happened in my dream came true. My my subconscious just predicted this and warned me? I'm not too sure.

My mom also has a lot of these prophetic dreams. She once had a dream that something bad was going to happen to my sister and begged her to stay home. My sister didn't listen and something bad did happen to her.

With dreams, it's a confusing thing. I even have dreams about the forums sometimes. My dream about my future son was so idealistic, I had feelings that it was too early (Either he was born too early, or I was having him too early at an age than expected). We'll just have to wait and see.. :p

Things such as names and places come to me a lot. Both of my children's names came to me well in advance of their births.

Generally I stay attuned but try not to be a slave to this awareness. It is an unfolding process.

Significantly I can be made aware of potentially dangerous situations, or get halted. I've learned to pace myself at such times and to simply remain alert and follow the flow. I have mused at times as to whether time has a different starting point to what we imagine.

Last edited:
I used to get, what I was taught to call "deja vu," all the time. But I wouldn't call the 2 experiences "similar." I would have a dream and at some point in my waking life the dream would be reality. The exact same. Every scenic detail, word spoken, and feeling was there for a second time. Even shaking it off was sometimes part of the redundant experience. It mostly happened as a kid and I miss it. Now when it rarely happens, it's more like a similarity between the 2 events, which I guess is fairly common.

Edit: read up a little on Dejan Vu tonight and am interested in the notion of pre-seizure body chemistry making it seem like a redundant experience.

Edit 2: the airplane I was on touched down the moment my grandfather died, and I knew it. Confirmed via death certificate and time line of cell phone calls. That was a trippy, peacefull evening.

Last edited:
I've had one. It happened when I was a child, maybe 10 years old. I suddenly woke up in the morning and had a strange feeling that the telephone is about to ring and someone is calling that my grandmom has passed away. Within a few seconds the phone did rang and later that day when my dad told us the sad news I already knew.

according to science (!!!!) time is circular, not linear. scientists can't tell you why we don't have memories about the future in the same way that we have memories about the past. so why wouldn't it make sense to sometimes get flashes of the future? i've had a few, including some that happened years later. it's freaky but, apparently, scientifically logical.

Yes. I predict I will be shot for something I say. Reasoning, is that I plan on becoming a leader of something to enact social reform. I want change. The people who don't will react with violence. So goes the theory, at least. Evidence is in all the other people who went through that. Now, if I don't make it up that high, then I won't be shot. So goes the theory, at least.

Yes. I predict I will be shot for something I say. Reasoning, is that I plan on becoming a leader of something to enact social reform. I want change. The people who don't will react with violence. So goes the theory, at least. Evidence is in all the other people who went through that. Now, if I don't make it up that high, then I won't be shot. So goes the theory, at least.
Hrrm. I was being myself earlier on. Actually, now currently, I'm trying to destroy the theory. I don't like it.

But yes. The idea is that now, I'll gather up a team of incredibly moralistic fellows who spell correctly, based upon the theory. Even without the theory, this is what I am going to do.

Then we'll form the Illuminati. That is a joke. All this will be great.