Personality test identifies people ‘born to make money’? Read more: http://digitaljo | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personality test identifies people ‘born to make money’? Read more: http://digitaljo

No on is saying that all ESTJ's or all ENTJ's are bad...that's not what the study is showing. What the study IS showing is a pattern and frankly it makes a lot of sense

You only have to look at how the world is around us and listent to all the stories in this forum of people getting grief from their shitty bosses

We have allowed the creation of an aggressive and hierarchical system that grinds people down, perpetuates war and environmental damage and that doesn't give a hoot about peoples freedom, health or happiness

In order to fit the aggressive dog eat dog culture that capitalism enshrines it stands to reason that the agressive corporations would seek to hire aggressive people doesn't it?

I do agree that there is no doubt a pattern of certain types being in certain jobs and being more agressive and making more money. It makes a lot of sense to me. No doubt the CEOs and upper managment of big corporations would have to be a type that is agressive and puts profit ahead of people to be able to run the companies the way they do (not saying it's good - I know it's bad), but they also need lots of 'sheep' to do the menial work that needs to be done to run the corporation the way the big guys on top want it run. I don't have direct experience into the inner workings of very big corporations but I did do some contract work for a very succesful mid size corporation and the owner/president was tough and ruthless and the vice-president that I reported to was a real cold bitch, but except the few at the top I could see a real pattern in the people they hired. They paid well for the positions but they expected total subimission and no questions asked. There was no leaway for any creativity or input from anybody. There were a lot of single moms and they had so much control over these poor women because they were all so afraid to lose their jobs. I was under contract as an outsider and just came in a few hours a week to do specific work so I didn't go through the regular channels but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they gave the people a personality test when they were hiring, but I would guess they were looking for very compliant people.

Reactions: muir
I do agree that there is no doubt a pattern of certain types being in certain jobs and being more agressive and making more money. It makes a lot of sense to me. No doubt the CEOs and upper managment of big corporations would have to be a type that is agressive and puts profit ahead of people to be able to run the companies the way they do (not saying it's good - I know it's bad), but they also need lots of 'sheep' to do the menial work that needs to be done to run the corporation the way the big guys on top want it run. I don't have direct experience into the inner workings of very big corporations but I did do some contract work for a very succesful mid size corporation and the owner/president was tough and ruthless and the vice-president that I reported to was a real cold bitch, but except the few at the top I could see a real pattern in the people they hired. They paid well for the positions but they expected total subimission and no questions asked. There was no leaway for any creativity or input from anybody. There were a lot of single moms and they had so much control over these poor women because they were all so afraid to lose their jobs. I was under contract as an outsider and just came in a few hours a week to do specific work so I didn't go through the regular channels but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they gave the people a personality test when they were hiring, but I would guess they were looking for very compliant people.

I know i have been pretty blunt here but i don't think there is time in the world for people to mince their words anymore

I think what you're describing here is pretty universal

I think there are many people speaking about their troubles in the world and their depression and their fears and their problems with their job or the system and for me it all comes back to the same thing

I feel that things will only turn round for society when they properly face upto this stuff and finally call ''bullshit'' on the whole stinking game

I think some poeple are afraid to complain because they are worried they will look weak or a failure or unable to cope in this system but if a person listens to other poeple it becomes clear that the system is opppressive to the vast majority of people; we're not talking about isolated experiences here....so maybe its time for people to start talking about this stuff in no uncertain terms and for people to start speaking with one voice

I know i have been pretty blunt here but i don't think there is time in the world for people to mince their words anymore

I think what you're describing here is pretty universal

I think there are many people speaking about their troubles in the world and their depression and their fears and their problems with their job or the system and for me it all comes back to the same thing

I feel that things will only turn round for society when they properly face upto this stuff and finally call ''bullshit'' on the whole stinking game

I think some poeple are afraid to complain because they are worried they will look weak or a failure or unable to cope in this system but if a person listens to other poeple it becomes clear that the system is opppressive to the vast majority of people; we're not talking about isolated experiences here....so maybe its time for people to start talking about this stuff in no uncertain terms and for people to start speaking with one voice

Most people are just trying to survive and don't have the time or energy to fight the situation. Of course, ruthless people will take advantage of that. I'm not sure we'll ever get rid of that. There will always be a certain percentage of people who's goal in life is to gain the most power and/or money and if they're not doing the way they are now they will work at finding a different way to do it. At the other end is a certain percentage of socially-conscious people who are willing to fight for what they believe is right even at personnal cost, but the great majority are people who are neither ruthless nor particularly socially-conscious but just living their life and don't really want to know what's going on.

I was pleasantly surprised by a recent article that stated that the majority of Canadians are aware that there is a problem with income inequality, and the most surprising was that the agreement was across age groups, education level and gender. It is very unusual to see such consistency of opinion accross the different groups.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._canadians_troubled_by_less_fair_society.html

So, this gave me some hope for Canada anyways. Hopefully the next election will address this properly. I'm not sure there's any hope for the U.S. though and they have the most power to change things overall. In Canada if we get the right person as Prime-Minister and they have a majority they have a great deal of power to legislate so they can change things drastically. In the U.S. it seems it is much more difficult to make the right changes.

I do believe that legislation and strong regulations is the key to controlling the abuse of corporate and financial power. Strong regulations in Canada is the reason that our banks were never able to do some of the damaging things that were done in the U.S. and parts of Europe.

As a culture we claim to want to wipe out discrimination, so shouldn't we approach personality typing/stereotyping in career/job decision making in this as well? People in power often look for people to either reflect their views, values, or personality leaving out those who maybe bright, talented, and with great potential but are not mirror images of those in management or leadership positions. In the absence of real skill in the ability to know who has the potential to be effective in a position, politics and personality typing are used to determine competence and confidence. Many don't know how to identify differences in skills and smarts required for different jobs and positions and use a one size fits all approach, looking for a candidate who has exactly what they are looking for when maybe the criteria they are using to evaluate candidates is inefficient and ineffective (not that they will care or acknowledge this :D)

Most people are just trying to survive and don't have the time or energy to fight the situation.

Well thats the creation of a negative feedback loop isn't it? They bankrupt the nation so that people have to fight for their survival but if they don't resist then things will be made even tougher for them (eg they are cutting the budget in the US for the food stamp programme)

This is not a static situation....their game plan is to literaly starve a section of the population into extinction

I don't think the answer is to 'fight' so much as to disobey which can take many forms (the least of which should be to verbally condemn the manipulators of society)

Of course, ruthless people will take advantage of that. I'm not sure we'll ever get rid of that.

We can get rid of it by decentralising power down to the people. That way any of the wishes of the ruthless will be watered down by the wishes of the many. Eg if a ruthless person puts forward the suggestion to the many that they should hand over all the wealth and power to that one person everyone would collectively tell them ''NO WAY!'' yet they are doing it by subterfuge because we have allowed a system of concentrated power

There will always be a certain percentage of people who's goal in life is to gain the most power and/or money and if they're not doing the way they are now they will work at finding a different way to do it.

They're going to have a tougher time in different systems. I would personally like to see money eradicated altogether but i don't expect that any time soon.

Some politicians in the UK have put forward a historical currency called the Bradbury pound which can be printed by the treasury INTEREST FREE without the control of the private central bankers. They have done this so that when the economic collapse comes we can switch to this currency to avoid chaos. This is great but the bankers and the corrupt politicians they have in their back pocket will have their own plans for when the collapse comes so for this inititative to work it might well need a public upswell of support at the crucial time which can only happen if word has spread amongst the population...so that they are primed and mentally ready for what needs to be done at the right time

At the other end is a certain percentage of socially-conscious people who are willing to fight for what they believe is right even at personnal cost, but the great majority are people who are neither ruthless nor particularly socially-conscious but just living their life and don't really want to know what's going on.

They won't be able to shut it out forever

I was pleasantly surprised by a recent article that stated that the majority of Canadians are aware that there is a problem with income inequality, and the most surprising was that the agreement was across age groups, education level and gender. It is very unusual to see such consistency of opinion accross the different groups.

That is the awakening i'm talking about

Its no longer a case of people not wanting to know....its beginning to become undeniable

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/02/06/income_gap_study_shows_canadians_troubled_by_less_fair_society.html
So, this gave me some hope for Canada anyways. Hopefully the next election will address this properly. I'm not sure there's any hope for the U.S. though and they have the most power to change things overall. In Canada if we get the right person as Prime-Minister and they have a majority they have a great deal of power to legislate so they can change things drastically. In the U.S. it seems it is much more difficult to make the right changes.

I do believe that legislation and strong regulations is the key to controlling the abuse of corporate and financial power. Strong regulations in Canada is the reason that our banks were never able to do some of the damaging things that were done in the U.S. and parts of Europe.

Canada is not immune it is deeply controlled by the same zionist banksters. We just got a canadian zio-nazi come over to be the head of the bank of england: Mark Carney

You guys are as much beholden to the oligarchic network as the rest of us and they will squeeze you dry too

Big oil has hacked canadian democracy: http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2014/02/10/Big-Oil-Democracy-Hijacked/

Albertas oilsands disaster: http://www.globalresearch.ca/alberta-oilsands-projects-canadas-hiroshima/5365273

Canadas government warn the palestineans against taking israel to the ICC: http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/03/06/292171/palestinians-not-to-take-israel-to-icc/

Canadas PM promises Israel it will keep Iran sanctions: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/21/346831/no-ease-of-iran-sanctions-canada-pm/

Harper tells the knesset that anti-zionism is the new anti-semitism: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.569559

Canada involved in the TPP: http://www.nationofchange.org/trans...s-go-after-fence-sitting-lawmakers-1391530796

Canada was involved in the haiti cou d'etat: http://www.globalresearch.ca/canadians-apologize-to-haiti-10-years-after-the-coup/5367885

Imperialism in Haiti: http://www.globalresearch.ca/imperi...nst-democracy-and-the-people-of-haiti/5368010

harper gov sanctions ukrainian gov for siding with russia and not the zio-dominated EU: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ug...rnment-sanctions-ukrainian-government/5366612

Last edited:
As a culture we claim to want to wipe out discrimination, so shouldn't we approach personality typing/stereotyping in career/job decision making in this as well? People in power often look for people to either reflect their views, values, or personality leaving out those who maybe bright, talented, and with great potential but are not mirror images of those in management or leadership positions. In the absence of real skill in the ability to know who has the potential to be effective in a position, politics and personality typing are used to determine competence and confidence. Many don't know how to identify differences in skills and smarts required for different jobs and positions and use a one size fits all approach, looking for a candidate who has exactly what they are looking for when maybe the criteria they are using to evaluate candidates is inefficient and ineffective (not that they will care or acknowledge this :D)

Its a bit more sinister than that

None of this is happening through accident or as some sort of wishy washy recruitment method...its done as part of a wider agenda

For example officers in the army are now being asked in the US as a litmus test if they would fire on US citizens if ordered to

The police are being militarised and at the same time they have vigorous psychometric testing which is designed to find the types who obey orders and don't really think too much about the nature of those orders (noticed an uptick in police violence recently?)

None of this is happening through accident or as some sort of wishy washy recruitment method...its done as part of a wider agenda

For example officers in the army are now being asked in the US as a litmus test if they would fire on US citizens if ordered to

The police are being militarised and at the same time they have vigorous psychometric testing which is designed to find the types who obey orders and don't really think too much about the nature of those orders (noticed an uptick in police violence recently?)

I have to agree with this completely. I have a lot of friends in the forces and each of them have experience people that just shouldn't be there- people that have openly admitted (and laughed) at the fact that they were told to answer certain questions certain ways so that they would pass. These are also individuals who are not well, and are there simply to kill. They would to the most horrible things if they were told to.

These skills and ideals are being valued so much more in areas of enforcement- mind you, I'm totally speaking based on second-hand experience, and not facts.

I think it's all about intention- as with so many things in life, things can be used for good and bad, and it's all in the user's intention.

I also have to agree with [MENTION=1669]Framed[/MENTION] - I think on a social level, MBTI could easily be the new 'ism in the workforce (if it's not already!)...just another way to categorize and lump people together and then generalize their needs/desires/intentions/etc. But I think, as [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] mentioned, this is part of a larger issue.

@La Sanga I also hear myself in what you're writing...how can we expect to fight this giant overarching issue, when we have to fight every day for the little things? It's exhausting...but these little issues that we're fighting for - happiness, equality, stability - these are part of a larger systemic issue. But how do we get people to see this? How do we get people who are okay and ready to accept that their life of 'fighting' is okay and their content? How!?! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!?!? *out of breath* ...I was getting a bit passionate there!

Reactions: muir

I see your point. And of course, there are worse things in the world than personality stereotyping in job hiring practices. I think I've overstated the issue. In the end, the best solution is training for the next generation of bosses, so that they have the right skills to make good fair decisions in management and leadership of people with a variety of skills so that workers are not so screwed in the future.

I see your point. And of course, there are worse things in the world than personality stereotyping in job hiring practices. I think I've overstated the issue. In the end, the best solution is training for the next generation of bosses, so that they have the right skills to make good fair decisions in management and leadership of people with a variety of skills so that workers are not so screwed in the future.

The corporate structure is such that all orders are passed downwards from the top. The guys at the top don't want bosses half way down who will read that memo and say ''hold on a minute, this is cruel and oppressive to the workers, i'm not going to implement this instruction'' they want people who will say ''yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir and how high SHOULD i jump sir? Can i polish your shoes whilst i'm at it sir?''

Those are the people they promote: the mini-hitlers who act as their unquestioning enforcers

So i don't expect 'bosses' to change and i don't expect the lessons and the culture that is imparted to bosses at management school to change. I think the answer is in dropping out of their games. People need to become more self sufficient again. Where a person can't do this alone they can team up with others to form cooperative movements whether that is making a community garden or a business enterprise

But i think before everyone gets to a stage where they do that (because the current system become unsustainably miserable) i think there will be something else occur which will force peoples hand on the issue

But anyway...bosses within the system ain't going to change because the system chooses them for those roles because of their willing compliance

We have to change the system so that we are all the boss :)

Reactions: say what
The corporate structure is such that all orders are passed downwards from the top. The guys at the top don't want bosses half way down who will read that memo and say ''hold on a minute, this is cruel and oppressive to the workers, i'm not going to implement this instruction'' they want people who will say ''yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir and how high SHOULD i jump sir? Can i polish your shoes whilst i'm at it sir?''

Those are the people they promote: the mini-hitlers who act as their unquestioning enforcers

So i don't expect 'bosses' to change and i don't expect the lessons and the culture that is imparted to bosses at management school to change. I think the answer is in dropping out of their games. People need to become more self sufficient again. Where a person can't do this alone they can team up with others to form cooperative movements

But i think before everyone gets to a stage where they do that i think there will be something else occur which will force peoples hand on the issue

But anyway...bosses within the system ain't going to change because the system chooses them for those roles because of their willing compliance

We have to change the system so that we are all the boss :)

I do have to agree that it seems the values to "get ahead" in this culture are those that are more negative and individualistic- there's normally not a collective goal, or consideration of others. Until the larger massive get tired of this, and recognize that if we work together, larger and more collective goals and ideals can be achieved- we just need to shift the power! But it's hard, because it's so engrained in us...but there are a lot of groups of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, faiths, educations, etc. that believe we need to shift our morals and ideals to represent an understanding and awareness for others.

I think this may be where INFJs come in. We are often very driven to achieve our own principals and ideologies. If we can instil this same passion and motivation in others, perhaps we can change!

I agree with the last quote in the OP - to use MBTI this...religiously? seriously? seems unwise to me.

The test, while popular, is far from rock solid, and stands on shaky metrics as it is. While a general profile may tell if you could be a good fit within an organizational environment, it seems too assumptive to say just because you are one type rather than another, you would be a worse (or better) fit for a particular position. Sure, the general traits of a type may make it more natural/easier to fit/perform a role, but it in no way says another type is less suited; no one fits the type/profile to a t.

I do have to agree that it seems the values to "get ahead" in this culture are those that are more negative and individualistic- there's normally not a collective goal, or consideration of others. Until the larger massive get tired of this, and recognize that if we work together, larger and more collective goals and ideals can be achieved- we just need to shift the power! But it's hard, because it's so engrained in us...but there are a lot of groups of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, faiths, educations, etc. that believe we need to shift our morals and ideals to represent an understanding and awareness for others.

I think this may be where INFJs come in. We are often very driven to achieve our own principals and ideologies. If we can instil this same passion and motivation in others, perhaps we can change!

Yeah i think INFJ's can rattle the cage a bit....challenge peoples perceptions...get them thinking about things from new angles

All this stuff i'm talking about isn't just pie in the sky, historically systems change, but for a system to change the public have to make it change and to do that they have to develop a bit of solidarity....they have to recognise their shared condition and decide as a group to do something

The occupy movement mobilised a lot of people but personally i think that was just a pre-tremor for a bigger event

So sticking with the OP its not that some people are 'born to make more money' its just that our current system doesn't reward the caring sharing professions it rewards the lets rape the environment and oppress people professions (see fracking) and it rewards the minions that carry through that agenda

The baby boomer generation was basically doped with the most comfortable living any generation has seen and this has made the next generation a bit sluggish as well but they will need to get their blood up a bit

Canada is not immune it is deeply controlled by the same zionist banksters. We just got a canadian zio-nazi come over to be the head of the bank of england: Mark Carney

You guys are as much beholden to the oligarchic network as the rest of us and they will squeeze you dry too

Big oil has hacked canadian democracy: http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2014/02/10/Big-Oil-Democracy-Hijacked/

Albertas oilsands disaster: http://www.globalresearch.ca/alberta-oilsands-projects-canadas-hiroshima/5365273

Canadas government warn the palestineans against taking israel to the ICC: http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/03/06/292171/palestinians-not-to-take-israel-to-icc/

Canadas PM promises Israel it will keep Iran sanctions: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/21/346831/no-ease-of-iran-sanctions-canada-pm/

Harper tells the knesset that anti-zionism is the new anti-semitism: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.569559

Canada involved in the TPP: http://www.nationofchange.org/trans...s-go-after-fence-sitting-lawmakers-1391530796

Canada was involved in the haiti cou d'etat: http://www.globalresearch.ca/canadians-apologize-to-haiti-10-years-after-the-coup/5367885

Imperialism in Haiti: http://www.globalresearch.ca/imperi...nst-democracy-and-the-people-of-haiti/5368010

harper gov sanctions ukrainian gov for siding with russia and not the zio-dominated EU: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ug...rnment-sanctions-ukrainian-government/5366612
I totally agree that Canada is not immune. I have never liked Harper and have distrusted him from the start. I just think that it is easier to make real change with our system and that in general Canadians are more left-leaning than Americans so we tend to support more things that are socially-minded. I still believe that in my country the best way to make change is working with the system by participating in the process so I am directly involved in my local politics. I know I have limited power but at least I'm doing something, unlike all the people around me I hear complaining about politicians and the government but they don't go vote or even if they vote, they don't do anything else to try to improve the situation.

@La Sanga I also hear myself in what you're writing...how can we expect to fight this giant overarching issue, when we have to fight every day for the little things? It's exhausting...but these little issues that we're fighting for - happiness, equality, stability - these are part of a larger systemic issue. But how do we get people to see this? How do we get people who are okay and ready to accept that their life of 'fighting' is okay and their content? How!?! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!?!? *out of breath* ...I was getting a bit passionate there!

If lots of people are fighting for the little things it adds up. "Be the change that you want to see in the world". I may be able to see the big issues but they overwhelm me so I stick to doing the small things that I can do and hope there are enough people out there doing that to make a bigger change. I know that I have also opened some people's eyes on certain subjects that I believe are important but only by doing so gently and pursuasively, not by hitting them over the head with a passionate speach which seems to turn them off (past experience).

I totally agree that Canada is not immune. I have never liked Harper and have distrusted him from the start. I just think that it is easier to make real change with our system and that in general Canadians are more left-leaning than Americans so we tend to support more things that are socially-minded. I still believe that in my country the best way to make change is working with the system by participating in the process so I am directly involved in my local politics. I know I have limited power but at least I'm doing something, unlike all the people around me I hear complaining about politicians and the government but they don't go vote or even if they vote, they don't do anything else to try to improve the situation.

Its all about pressure

They actually trawl all the traffic on the internet to get a picture of what the public mind is

As 'noise' increases around certain issues they then get nervous and realise that the people are getting riled up about certain things. They push the boundaries to see what they can get away with. if the people do nothing then they keep pushing

What we are seeing now is more and more popular activism and more and more 'noise' about certain issues on the internet and that is all applying a certain amount of pressure to the guys at the top

For example the recent war in syria was averted because the public made it very clear they were not happy twith the situation

Its looking like there might be global boycott against israel developing in the same way there was against the apartheid government in south africa, which could see a withdrawel from the occupied territories. So this coming together of a global community online to talk stuff out and make its voice known seems to be having an effect

I think people should do whatever they can do to help add to the pressure whether that ia activism and awareness and ideally a combination of the two