Personality Study: "Snowflake" CEO | INFJ Forum

Personality Study: "Snowflake" CEO

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
CEO Kyle Reyes reports to Fox Business that as part of the application process to work with the marketing firm he leads, prospective employees are required to complete a "Snowflake Test". The provenance of the test is unclear.
CEO Uses 'Snowflake Test' to Weed Out Whiny, Unproductive Job Applicants

After releasing a video taking on whiney, complaining students, The Silent Partner Marketing, a boutique firm focused on helping businesses grow, was flooded with resumes --but before potential applicants are hired, they must pass a unique test.

Kyle Reyes, CEO of The Silent Partner Marketing, told the FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney, a “snowflake test” is used to vet job applicants.

“A snowflake is somebody who is going to whine and complain and come to the table with nothing but an entitled attitude and an inability to back their perspective,” he said.

According to Reyes, the company has eliminated 60 percent of interviewees through the application process.

“We used it to sort of weed out the people who were inundating us with resumes and didn’t even know what we do for work,” he said.

The test includes questions revolving around a candidate’s stance on America, police, and guns (some were asked to Varney, who passed the test), but Reyes said he’s not concerned about discrimination lawsuits.

“There’s no discrimination here because what this really is, is a glorified personality test. This is something that happens in interviews every single day,” he said.

The full test, which he makes available through Facebook, is as follows:
1. Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
2. What should the national minimum wage be?
3. How many sick days should be given to employees?
4. How often should employees get raises?
5. How do you feel about guns?
6. What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
7. What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
8. In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
9. Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
10. How do you feel about police?
11. If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
12. When was the last time you cried and why?
13. You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
14. What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
15. What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
16. What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
17. What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
18. What’s your typical breakfast?
19. What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
20. How do you handle bullies?
21. How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
22. What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
23. What does the first amendment mean to you?
24. What does faith mean to you?
25. Who is your role model and why?
26. "You're in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?"
27. What does America mean to you?
28. You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
29. What does “privilege” mean to you?
30. What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?

He describes himself on his Facebook "About" page as "a savage you'll love". His LinkedIn profile lists that he has a Bachelor's degree in communications, and a work history including media broadcasting.

Any thoughts on his hiring practices and business approaches?

What kind of person is he, and what is it about him that makes him that type of person? Any speculation on how he became the person who he is? Any guesses at his MBTI or Enneagram type?

Pretty sure I would be disqualified automatically before I even made it to this test.

It just sounds like he wants to hire people who think like him because he cannot handle having his own thoughts challenged. Basically, he wants his work environment to be his own special safe space that nobody can intrude upon.

He sounds quite bazaar :/
Perhaps a bit narcissistic, grandiose, and machavellion?
I'd have to agree with Faye. Sounds like he wants minions not employees ;)

His business and he can hire who he likes so long as it conforms to the law.
It's probably good for the potential employee as well as I suspect they wouldn't make it if expected to do actual work on a daily basis. Assuming they fell into "snowflake" status that is.

Reactions: Free
Yep...just get a bunch of robots to manufacture your shit.
If you don’t want to pay a basic living minimum wage then you shouldn’t have elected douchebags that are hostile to migrant workers.
He wants to be dictatorial in his hiring practices...and yes, he can hire whomever he wants to - and that is exactly why there are laws pushing back against arrogant trash like himself.

Pretty sure I would be disqualified automatically before I even made it to this test.

It just sounds like he wants to hire people who think like him because he cannot handle having his own thoughts challenged. Basically, he wants his work environment to be his own special safe space that nobody can intrude upon.

Exactly what I was thinking. He's interpreting behaviors as being "special snowflake" like, without realizing that he's exhibiting the exact same behavior. He sounds unbearable, I pity those who work beneath him.

On the flipside, respect yourself enough to turn down a job offer or even walk out of an interview if you feel like you are being disrespected or if there is an underlying mutual distrust from the get go.

Reactions: Skarekrow