People becomin too passive?

Hector

Community Member
Oct 16, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
People used to rebel in the 60s and the 70s and what about now? No one is going outside of their own house. Workers fought for their rights in the 20s and today? All those rights are being revoked without a single person saying anything against it.

Why does it seem that people are less rebellious than they used to be?

We rebel on the internet!

Not enough upper middle class white people available for a rebellion

Ah, exactly. But where did they go?

I saw a documentary in which many of them ended up going to college and because professors and politicians. Grade school curriculum has been changed since then to prevent kids from feeling like they can stand up to authority and that they are part of the governmental process.

Plus theres no draft to worry about.

People used to rebel in the 60s and the 70s and what about now? No one is going outside of their own house. Workers fought for their rights in the 20s and today? All those rights are being revoked without a single person saying anything against it.

People in the 60s/70s didn't have anything better to do

Grade school curriculum has been changed since then to prevent kids from feeling like they can stand up to authority and that they are part of the governmental process.

Plus theres no draft to worry about.

So basically they are conditioning kids to conform to authorities instead of trying to control them, as they should.

In a nut shell they are making sheep out of people.

Do you believe that feminism movement of the 21st century has a role of emasculating men hence making them less dangerous and less prone to activism?

Workers are are not exempt from economics. When there is a lack of workforce and a large need for jobs the companies pay more and fight to get the better workers. When there are too many workers and not enough jobs the companies can pay the workers whatever they want. It is the law of supply and demand. Complain to the government all you want. They cannot fix it and every try just sends the jobs overseas.

Sure I can fight but unless i have a real solution I am nothing but a further problem. I don't want to be a problem for this country.

Do you believe that feminism movement of the 21st century has a role of emasculating men hence making them less dangerous and less prone to activism?

Men emasculate themselves more than women do. How many women call men faggots because they did the smart thing and waited to have sex until later in life? How many men had to grow up without their fathers to teach them a male perspective in life and how to deal with male feelings and such. Where does the feminist group fit in this?

People are rebelling elsewhere in the world.
I haven't given up on the human race yet. :)

The people possibly most likely to physically rebel are the least likely to fully absorb that something is wrong before they or their close ones experience the effects personally.
People who were the most likely to see, somewhat understand, feel about and care about future implications of where things are going have in large part become cynical and complain/dark humor about it with each other in social spaces for relatively like minded people, which wasn't really an option before... shutting themselves off from "the masses" that they could incite.

As mentioned above, people are now probably much more intermingled with and invested in "the system" than ever before in history. To overthrow the status quo, even as a successful act, is legitimately scary thing for a lot of people who feel like they have a lot to lose.

Today, even the poorest feel like they have a lot to lose, due to 480201 amount of convoluted social programs that keep them barely afloat and a culture and currency system that spits on saving so as to be able to not live month to month or quarter to quarter.

Tangent [MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION] : Don't take this the wrong way. Please say human species D:. Pet classification peeve. If you don't then I will personally do nothing about it, so be very scared.

I don't think such rebellions solves anything. People often don't know why they're protesting or don't think about what kinds of change they're looking for. I witnessed a protest against water tax the other day and most people didn't really know want they wanted out of it. They didn't think about the consequences or if they're being manipulated by an opposing party.

Even major revolts in countries with corrupt governments often don't solve anything. Another leader, just as corrupt as the last will most likely take over. I'm not saying we should give in to cynicism, but that real change takes time and if people would just realize that and organize with long term goals in mind then the outcome would be different.

Bottom line: people are idiots; I should be in charge of the world.

So basically they are conditioning kids to conform to authorities instead of trying to control them, as they should.

In a nut shell they are making sheep out of people.

I feel like feminism is pretty irrelevant to people who are not online or directly and intentionally involving themselves with feminism.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but I think a big problem is that people don't talk f2f anymore. Doing something online makes you feel like you did something when you really did nothing.

I feel like feminism is pretty irrelevant to people who are not online or directly and intentionally involving themselves with feminism.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but I think a big problem is that people don't talk f2f anymore. Doing something online makes you feel like you did something when you really did nothing.

Yep, yep, yep.

Why is speaking online being considered a non-action? Is it only online speech or is all speech (f2f) less influential than actions? Would that make all public speakers invalid? Would Martin Luther King Jr. have been just as influential without have giving any speech?

I understand the dichotomy typically associated between words and actions and is perfectly valid, but I think the opposite can also be true in certain circumstances. Sometimes it may be the only thing that matters.

All this talk about action but the only action we have that makes a difference and is considered humane IS communication. Even protests are really just communication. Boycotting is sending a message. Sometimes we can vote and we are communicating with our government what we want but it does not mean your rep will do it. The last alternative to changing things is violence and I don't think anyone is promoting that.

Workers are are not exempt from economics. When there is a lack of workforce and a large need for jobs the companies pay more and fight to get the better workers. When there are too many workers and not enough jobs the companies can pay the workers whatever they want. It is the law of supply and demand. Complain to the government all you want. They cannot fix it and every try just sends the jobs overseas.

Workers also used to work for 12 hours straight with no benefits whatsoever. Only the labour strikes have enabled certain rights that today people seem to take for granted. Acquiring rights is often accompanied by the sacrifices of gigantic proportions while once they are lost they are almost impossible to regain.

A government's role is to be a balance between the people and the corporations. Since the government is chosen from the people, by the people and for the people then it is only logical to conclude that the government must protect the interests of its people, otherwise it would be working against itself and thus defeating its own purpose. While contemplating about the motives behind the every important decision a simple question must be asked:"Cui bono?".

Two basic principles of controlling the people are fear and greed. A fear from losing the job, the house, a fear from the common enemy which results in being even more controlled and restrained - "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety", etc.

A greed based on egos. They make you believe that you can be that rich person one day, that you can join them hence submitting you to their agendas as instruments of their own desires. They won't tell you that you will probably be replaced by a better model once you reach 45-50, that you won't be thinking as quickly as you once did and that the future is not at all bright, especially considering the neo-liberal doctrine of an "open market" which destroyed cities such as Detroit and soon will collapse the USA in favour of China. Ditching Marx by connoting him to totalitarian regimes while promoting Smith, etc. Ultimately, they will refrain from notifying you of the numerus clausus of the rich club. Ladies and gentlemen, they are not accepting any new members..

Basically, you are a tax payer and an organ donor (accidents happen if tissues match) for the rich oligarchy. The system is pretty good actually, they're relying both on your ego and subconscious herd mentality. Take for an example a term "conspiracy theory". What does the term itself imply? It implies something not proven, on the borderline of sanity, schizophrenic tendencies, paranoia etc. And why is that? So that you can laugh it off hence preventing any serious discussion that could jeopardize the people behind the scene. It is a self-controllable system where you don't need a RFID chip or CCTV cams. You just need common people following the pattern of mocking everything that does not abide to strict rules set by the elite few.

Same goes for the term "euro-sceptics". Euroscepticism indicates lack of belief, paranoia, etc. No one ever uses the term europhilia because that would immediately remind us of pedophilia, so the term is naturally avoided by the mass media.

Violence is bad? How do you believe that the repressive system continues to survive? Very simple, by the ad baculum arguments. However, if it is sponsored by the state, surely it must be something good, right? So in an essence you are thinking and behaving the way you were conditioned to in the fear of consequences for expressing ideas that would collide with the mainstream set of rules.

Before they used electric shocks to control the herd of cows, now they use tasers to control the people.

Transformation to Eloi does not require hundreds of thousands of years, just a regular tv set and the lack of intellect.

Allow me to finish by quoting Thomas Jefferson:"When government fears the people there is liberty. When people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Reactions: latte