P & J pros and cons | INFJ Forum

P & J pros and cons

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are the pros and cons of being a J or P. Not so much one vs. the other but how does each letter approach the world and decision-making that are good and sometimes not so good. Hope to learn more about how each type contributes to effective decision making and what each can learn from the other.

Last edited:
As near as I can figure, Ps seem to be looked down upon and get kicked around in discussions. I have never been good at associating type just by looking at or listening to people. Perhaps if I could I would come to the same conclusion.

Reactions: Gaze
Oh...:m111: when I read the title of the thread I thought PB&J, i haven't had lunch yet.

IMHO I think that P & J aren't so dissimilar other than P's seem more concerned what the external norms are in relation to decisions affecting them as opposed to J's seem more concerned with internal values and concerns and decision making that affects them.

I believe this is how that 'air of superiority' J's come across as having is seen, while P's seem a bit self conscious and unsure unless 'its ok out there'.

Awe'ell that probably doesn't make as much sense as when it was in my head, ;)

I always feel a bit guilty when I have peanut butter and jelly on toast...not saying I don't like it though. Is that like a regular lunch sandwich in the US? Not being ironic, just asking because I normally have it when I've run out of cheese and marmite, and never had it in my lunch box.

Js: / Ps:
Value structure / Like to go with the flow
Plan ahead / Adapt as they go
Like Order / Like flexibility
Goal-oriented /Process-oriented
More structured / More easy-going
Like things settled and decided / Like things open and spontaneous

I also thought this was about PB&J at first. :D