"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said. | INFJ Forum

"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said.

That's a little misleading,

the whole statement was:

Most so-called drugs of abuse -- such as alcohol or cocaine -- inhibit the growth of new neurons, according to Xia Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Saskatchewan.

"Only marijuana promotes neurogenesis," Dr. Zhang said.

Basically what he's saying is that in the context of "so-called drugs" marijuana is the only one that promotes neurogenesis. But the article is intentionally framed to make it look as if marijuana is the only THING that promotes neurogenesis, which simply isn't true, Testosterone is a much greater promoter.

Basically what he's saying is that in the context of "so-called drugs" marijuana is the only one that promotes neurogenesis. But the article is intentionally framed to make it look as if marijuana is the only THING that promotes neurogenesis, which simply isn't true, Testosterone is a much greater promoter.

Yeah. If a neuron is born stoned, how does it know with which existing circuit it is meant to integrate? Or does it simply become a free radical? Perhaps neural stem cells insert the information into the new neuron - go forth, young neuron, and join the creativity circuit. Or does each circuit have it's own neural stem cells and only generate new neurons for it's own army? Fascinating stuff, indeed.

But if I smoke testosterone, it will grow hair on my boobs.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Hahahahaha... this thread made me laugh.