Nicotine | INFJ Forum

Nicotine

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Nicotine appears to have almost no effect on me, especially in terms of addictive potential.

I know this because I've bought nicotine gum before in a deliberate attempt to get myself hooked.

I've never met anyone else like this.

Are any of you like this?

How does nicotine affect you?

have you smoked consistently on a day to day basis for a few days? that should do it.

i kicked it a few months back for good.

have you smoked consistently on a day to day basis for a few days?

I have smoked consistently for up to two days in a row several different times, and I've also tried nicotine gum for 4 days in a row.

I have smoked consistently for up to two days in a row several different times, and I've also tried nicotine gum for 4 days in a row.

it's all about making the receptors in your brain used to the nicotine. frequent and habitual exposure to nicotine will make you addicted to it.

i'm thinking that you have already thought about the repercussions, so i will spare you the speech :)

I was like that when I first started (probably around your age in fact)

After about 20 years though I was ready to strangle people if I didn't get my fix. I finally did quit last year though and it wasn't easy.

Reactions: Kgal and rawr
Nicotine appears to have almost no effect on me, especially in terms of addictive potential.

I know this because I've bought nicotine gum before in a deliberate attempt to get myself hooked.

I've never met anyone else like this.

Are any of you like this?

How does nicotine affect you?

IDK if I was addicted to it. Probably more of a habit than anything. I quit cold turkey like it was nothing.

Reactions: barbad0s
I was like that when I first started (probably around your age in fact)

After about 20 years though I was ready to strangle people if I didn't get my fix. I finally did quit last year though and it wasn't easy.

OMG ur old lol

Yeah... that's not really how it works. I smoked fairly infrequently for months before it became a full-blown addiction. It sneaks up on you.

Also, smoking is dumb lol.

Yeah, I started just on weekends when I was out drinking.

I had no desire to smoke at all during the week. When I started studying nights out weren't confined to the weekend so the smoking increased and before I knew it I was hooked.

I think there has to be some outside factor involved that almost makes you forget you're smoking for a while. Perhaps if you are constantly looking out for signs of addiction you won't get hooked quickly, I don't know how gradual a process it is. I also wanted to get out of the busy bars and clubs so the smoking area was the only place. Then, when studying, I was in a cynical, moody place a lot of the time so I enjoyed being a smoker in an odd way. I did think it was cool to smoke despite having believed the exact opposite previously. Stupid, but stepping out often also gives time for self-reflection and took me out of fat-head mode for a bit. It also led to meet the people I'd smoke cannabis with and that shit all over fathead mode but I couldn't do that all the time and mix tobacco with it when I smoke so they blur together sometimes, especially when I feel like I need a crutch and I'm being lazy. Having a cigarette and coffee fills that vacuum all too nicely sometimes.

The physical addiction to nicotine really isn't that bad. A few restless nights and getting kind of irritable. I've been through the withdrawal process a few times now.

Nicotine replaces acetylcholine in your brain, which is a neurotransmitter. The two are exceptionally similar. The problem with additions is they often times are about habituation rather than the substance. I think some people, psychologically, are more prone to addictive tendencies. It's not just about the high, or the smoke, or getting drunk. There is a reason that they keep chasing that. Just like people who can't stop eating and get morbidly obese. Some people just have the appropriate signaling that kicks in before that sort of "need" develops and others have something else going on where they just keep blowing through the stop sign.

Reactions: rawr
Nicotine replaces acetylcholine in your brain, which is a neurotransmitter. The two are exceptionally similar. The problem with additions is they often times are about habituation rather than the substance. I think some people, psychologically, are more prone to addictive tendencies. It's not just about the high, or the smoke, or getting drunk. There is a reason that they keep chasing that. Just like people who can't stop eating and get morbidly obese. Some people just have the appropriate signaling that kicks in before that sort of "need" develops and others have something else going on where they just keep blowing through the stop sign.

Probably true. I think high stress smokers are more likely to have problems because it becomes connected as a coping mechanism. All my mad cravings were in relation to stress triggers.

Probably true. I think high stress smokers are more likely to have problems because it becomes connected as a coping mechanism. All my mad cravings were in relation to stress triggers.

for me it was connected to anxiety and stress. makes sense.

Quit a couple of years ago now…don’t miss it at all.

[video=youtube;6UsHHOCH4q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6UsHHOCH4q8[/video]

This is an epic video btw…hilarious!

Last edited:
Reactions: j654dgj7 and rawr