NASA may have found evidence to support alien life exists? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

NASA may have found evidence to support alien life exists?

Like what?

Not sure if you are referring to me, but I'll answer anyway:

1. The tubules found can be formed inorganically as well
  2. The type of meteorize is highly prone to being intruded upon by life AFTER the fact (and could represent bacteria that no longer have existing allegory today without being 'alien') (this is what they are looking for in vostok, for example.)
  3. the scientist avoided ~every~ available legitimate channel for publishing his results...
  4. he dodged using his own organization (NASA)
  5. had no peer review
  6. published through a hyperbolic media outlet that has been wrong far far far more often than right

Everything about it is squirrelly. Doesn't change my belief that this sort of thing WILL eventually be found (there's tons of bacteria on earth, for example, that could survive the trip to the moon or mars and still survive there after the fact, too)... but I want HARD irrefutable evidence for ALL things... and this time is not the time

Last edited:
It hasn't! But thanks, I'm going to read it now!

....Well that sucks..

...Though it's obviously from a Christian 'news' site...so I'm going to look for other articles that are more objective... I haven't kept up with this topic this week at all as intended...

Not sure if you are referring to me, but I'll answer anyway:

1. The tubules found can be formed inorganically as well
  2. The type of meteorize is highly prone to being intruded upon by life AFTER the fact (and could represent bacteria that no longer have existing allegory today without being 'alien') (this is what they are looking for in vostok, for example.)
  3. the scientist avoided ~every~ available legitimate channel for publishing his results...
  4. he dodged using his own organization (NASA)
  5. had no peer review
  6. published through a hyperbolic media outlet that has been wrong far far far more often than right
Everything about it is squirrelly. Doesn't change my belief that this sort of thing WILL eventually be found (there's tons of bacteria on earth, for example, that could survive the trip to the moon or mars and still survive there after the fact, too)... but I want HARD irrefutable evidence for ALL things... and this time is not the time
How do you know this?

Last edited:
Were you not there? The press release came from a house of ill repute and not from NASA, meanwhile NASA's either keeping its hands off while some of its own are saying 'this is bad science!' (among many others.) You'd have to be avoiding this to have missed it.

1. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/03/05/has-life-been-found-in-a-meteorite/
  2. http://daviddobbs.posterous.com/journal-of-cosmology-going-out-with-big-bang
  3. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...owup-thoughts-on-the-meteorite-fossils-claim/
  4. http://search.nasa.gov/search/search.jsp?nasaInclude=meteorite+life

If NASA thought there was anything to this, they'd do what they ALWAYS do even with seemingly minor discoveries like amino acid signatures in star forming regions or new planets, etc... they'd host a press conference.

Instead, the only nod they give to this entire topic is one to the skeptics.

Everything about how this is handled is wrong; NASA gains nothing to pretend that evidence of life is not evidence of life. They're not convinced, and neither am I (as much as I look forward to the inevitable discovery of life outside of earth.)

Reactions: Free Mind
I'm with [MENTION=3019]~jet[/MENTION] on this one. Guy finds signs of extraterrestrial life and goes straight to Fox News without submitting his discovery to NASA? Very fishy.

Thanks; it's not that I want to squash the idea of life elsewhere at all; but blockheaded stuff like this does more damage to the science than people who wear blinders about the topic. UFOs, aliens, ghosts, martian microbes, other universes, etc... I want thorough, well tested, well hedged, evidence no matter how much I HOPE any particular cutting edge discovery pans out. It's why stuff like this makes me mad.