[PAX] - My Idiot President | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] My Idiot President

17202803_1748566968487607_7748799432856961494_n.png

Reactions: Faye
This thread is about 3 months to late. There's nothing relivavnt to the thread title now...
:D

I believe it is relevant to point out that Germany does not "owe" us.
If one were to believe that the US President was acting in a way to disrupt NATO then he would alienate the major powers in it by say, accusing their intelligence agencies of spying on him or say, insinuating that they are cheating the American Tax payers.
I find it hard to believe that our idiot president is actually witting agent of Moscow but his actions can certainly be interpreted that way.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion
that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
― Isaac Asimov​

17361972_10154486747631275_8115875529782336343_n.png

Robert Reich: 4 Reasons the Trump Administration Is Unspeakably Cruel
There's one thing all of the president's initiatives have in common.

The theme that unites all of Trump’s initiatives so far is their unnecessary cruelty.

1. His new budget comes down especially hard on the poor – imposing unprecedented cuts in low-income housing, job training, food assistance, legal services, help to distressed rural communities, nutrition for new mothers and their infants, funds to keep poor families warm, even “meals on wheels.”

These cuts come at a time when more American families are in poverty than ever before, including 1 in 5 children.

Why is Trump doing this?
To pay for the biggest hike in military spending since the 1980s.
Yet the U.S. already spends more on its military than the next 12 biggest military budgets put together.

2. His plan to repeal and “replace” the Affordable Care Act will cause 14 million Americans to lose their health insurance next year, and 24 million by 2026.

Why is Trump doing this?
To bestow $600 billion in tax breaks over the decade to wealthy Americans.
This windfall comes at a time when the rich have accumulated more wealth than at any time in the nation’s history.

The plan reduces the federal budget deficit by only $337 billion over the next ten years – a small fraction of the national debt, in exchange for an enormous amount of human hardship.

3. His ban on Syrian refugees and reduction by half in the total number of refugees admitted to the United States comes just when the world is experiencing the worst refugee crisis since World War II.

Why is Trump doing this?
The ban does little or nothing to protect Americans from terrorism.

No terrorist act in the United States has been perpetrated by a Syrian or by anyone from the six nations whose citizens are now banned from traveling to the United States.

You have higher odds of being struck by lightning than dying from an immigrant terrorist attack.

4. His dragnet roundup of undocumented immigrants is helter-skelter – including people who have been productive members of our society for decades, and young people who have been here since they were toddlers.

Why is Trump doing this?
He has no compelling justification.
Unemployment is down, crime is down, and we have fewer undocumented workers in the U.S. today than we did five years ago.

Trump is embarking on an orgy of cruelty for absolutely no reason.
This is morally repugnant.

It violates every ideal this nation has ever cherished.
We have a moral responsibility to stop it.

Robert B. Reich has served in three national administrations, most recently as secretary of labor under President Bill Clinton. His latest book is "Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few." His website is www.robertreich.org.

Reactions: Littlelissa
17353629_1644875615528769_4239801339631088112_n.jpg

Pretty awesome “healthcare” plan the GOP has got going on...
Sure hope it passes.

Again, the Congressional Budget Office analysis suggests 24 million people will lose insurance under the GOP’s American Health Care Act, which is more than the 20 million these estimates are based on.

The CBO estimates the plan will include particularly steep cuts to Medicaid, which covers the most vulnerable Americans, including pregnant women, the disabled, children, and the working poor.

It’s their lives that are on the line now.
  • The researchers behind this 2012 New England Journal of Medicine study took advantage of that variation: They compared what happened to health in three states (New York, Maine, and Arizona) that expanded Medicaid eligibility since 2000 to neighboring states without expansions, covering a period of five years before and five years after each state's expansion. They found mortality declined in places that expanded Medicaid by 20 deaths per 100,000, unlike neighboring states that didn’t expand Medicaid. Extrapolating that to the estimated 20 million who could lose health insurance with an ACA repeal, other researchers have suggested this would translate to 43,956 deaths in the US per year.
  • Massachusetts has also offered a natural experiment for researchers who want to understand the impact of expanding health insurance on mortality rates. The state underwent a health reform in 2006 with the goal of providing insurance to almost all of its residents — and it became the model for the ACA. The best paper on this, published in 2014 in the Annals of Internal Medicine, compared the mortality rates in Massachusetts counties from 2001 to 2005 (before health reform expanded insurance) and 2007 to 2010 (after health reforms) to changes in control counties with similar demographic and economic conditions. Here, they found that the health insurance expansion prevented 320 deaths per year since it began in 2006. If that pattern holds for the ACA, the White House Council of Economic Advisers has estimated that it means 24,000 deaths per year nationwide are averted because of the ACA. (Others, including researcher Harold Pollack, have made the same calculation.)
So if we trust these “quasi-experiments,” we’re looking at somewhere between 24,000 and nearly 44,000 extra deaths per year if 20 million people lose health insurance with an Obamacare repeal.

That’s still a sizable range, so I reached out to the author on these last two studies, Benjamin Sommers, to ask him about which he thinks is the better model for estimating the impact of repealing the ACA.

Sommers, a health economist and physician at Harvard University who has extensively researched the effects of health insurance, argued for the Massachusetts figure as the “more cautious and reasonable estimate.”

The 2006 health care reform in the state became the model for the ACA, so he thinks the experience there — and the population it affected — is a better match for what’s happened nationally than the Medicaid expansion study in New York, Maine, and Arizona.

The GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare will result in 24 million people losing health insurance, according to the new Congressional Budget Office estimate.
That’s like taking health coverage away from a country as big as Australia.

And 24,000 is still a large number.
That’s more than the death tolls from firearm homicides, HIV, and skin cancer in the US each year.

Full article - http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/14/14921962/ahca-mortality-gun-homicides

Reactions: Littlelissa and Stu

Pretty amazing how on point this comedy sketch from 1997 is today.
If only it was still satire....*sigh*

Reactions: Stu
Now that it is clear that his team is under investigation for possible collusion with Russian Intelligence Trump will not do anything to upset the congressional GOP. So I you think he is going to do things other than slash government spending on everything except the military and boarder security, you are wrong. (and forget about an infrastructure bill)

I just have a comment. It occurs to me that no one can be trusted. And how will you know any truth when all sides lie to some degree. We have a hell of a mess in America.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I just have a comment. It occurs to me that no one can be trusted. And how will you know any truth when all sides lie to some degree. We have a hell of a mess in America.
We are under attack

I go with the default then...
Who is going to destroy the social safety net and healthcare at the expense of the most vulnerable?
The GOP/Trump budget/healthcare/tax break for the rich certainly will not help those people.
24 Million estimated to lose health coverage, just in the first couple years...in a decade and estimated 58 million will not have health coverage in the US and that isn’t because they chose not to be covered.
This hurts the disabled, the working poor, the elderly, 8 million children will also lose coverage.
These legislative piles of crap are particularly cruel and have many unnecessary stipulations that do nothing but hurt the most people possible.
Cutting “Meals on Wheels”?
Really?
Unjustifiable.

Last edited:
The richest Presidential cabinet in history...full of millionaires and billionaires, is saying “Let them eat cake.” to our seniors and disabled who benefit from Meals of Wheels.

Reactions: Littlelissa
I go with the default then...
Who is going to destroy the social safety net and healthcare at the expense of the most vulnerable?
The GOP/Trump budget/healthcare/tax break for the rich certainly will not help those people.
24 Million estimated to lose health coverage, just in the first couple years...in a decade and estimated 58 million will not have health coverage in the US and that isn’t because they chose not to be covered.
I don't care about health care. I don't have it now anyway. And safety net? What net? I never hit a net when was falling to the ground. I've had to lift myself back up. And I 'm still struggling. The Dems did nothing for me. The Repulsicans did nothing either. But together they killed the economy under Bush. Anyone who thinks that either party is good is lying to themselves.... We only have ourselves to blame by putting the same assholes in decade after decade....

Reactions: Skarekrow