Most unusual personal encounter or conversation | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Most unusual personal encounter or conversation

That moment when you see your ex's family somewhere and you accidentally make eye contact...

Insert any of those memories HERE.

Not sure if this is the most unusual, but it is one I remember.

Some hobo on the subway train was talking to me. Me, being my usual self, dressed swagtastic, and I don't deny a conversation unless/until it's undesirable.
He started out speaking as if he was in a good mood. I don't quite remember what the conversation was, but at some point he became sad, and asked me to "take me with you"...
I suppose he thought I was wealthy enough that it might not be a big deal for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scientia
I had exited my school library after studying, and was on my way to lunch, when my friend and I enconcountered this weedy looking asian dude. He was dressed like a ventriloquist from 1935, and was carrying a violin case and a ballon. He approached my friend and I and proceeded to ask us repeatedly if we "want $500" and what we would do for $500. And he did this on a loop of sorts, and I just said bye and bid him good day and walked away.

The following week, I got word that he had got arrested for disobeying the police when they told him to get down from the pole he had climbed, screaming that he would give $1000 to whomever "made the police go away"

I had exited my school library after studying, and was on my way to lunch, when my friend and I enconcountered this weedy looking asian dude. He was dressed like a ventriloquist from 1935, and was carrying a violin case and a ballon. He approached my friend and I and proceeded to ask us repeatedly if we "want $500" and what we would do for $500. And he did this on a loop of sorts, and I just said bye and bid him good day and walked away.

The following week, I got word that he had got arrested for disobeying the police when they told him to get down from the pole he had climbed, screaming that he would give $1000 to whomever "made the police go away"

I would have paid $500 to see that.

My home is surrounded by meadows, cows and forests. I used to explore a lot of fields as a child, so when my friend came to visit me, I showed her around. We had to crawl underneath fences and jump over brooks to arrive at our final destination. In the distance I saw a man standing still with his dog, we were standing next to his car in the middle of a field with no other people in sight whatsoever. I thought at the time it was no big deal, but when we came closer to the old man, he didn't move an inch. Eventually we passed him and he kept looking behind him, inspecting us. We watched from a distance until the old man stepped into his car and drove off. But Instead of him leaving, he drove up to this entire new field of meadow we were walking through to ask us if we weren't afraid to be alone. I grabbed my friend by the shoulder, and crawled underneath a fence quickly, where I knew he couldn't reach us. I still think it was strange because the entire time he kept looking back at us he said nothing, but then suddenly decided it was OK to drive all the way up to us and ask such a predator-like question.

Reactions: PintoBean
I was at a fair with my childhood bff. We got in line to see this guy who claimed that for a dollar he would tell each person how many siblings they had, what sex and where you fell in the order. My friend was in front of me and he took one look at her and said "No sisters, no brothers, you are the only child." Next me, and there I was looking at this scruffy carny type and he just stared into my eyes intensely and said without pause or hesitation "No brothers, two sisters, you are the oldest." Nailed it! Stunned, I handed him my dollar, and he continued down the line collecting dollar after dollar. Cold reading, I guess. But it was certainly memorable. Never seen anything like it before or since where I could be sure the person wasn't cheating somehow.

Last edited:
Being in a wheelchair elicits very unusual reactions so I've had plenty of interesting encounters.

Recently, I was at a tea house and a man (complete stranger) approached me and basically forced me to shake his hand and got very chummy with me, like we were just the greatest of pals and I was the best person ever.

I'm not an idiot. It's very patronizing when people do these things, even if their intent might seem good to them.

One time, a woman came up to me completely randomly and asked me if I could feel my legs. I said no, and her response was "God has a plan for you" and then she walked away.

Another gentleman a while back approached me and looked at me directly very intensely and said "Jesus loves you, you know" and I didn't really know how to respond so I just said thanks and he walked off.

Unrelated to me being in a wheelchair, I encountered a homeless person one time that was very, very insane. Probably on some drugs but I didn't stick around long enough to really figure it out. They were sitting outside on the ground against a wall that I passed. At first they asked me something somewhat normally like "how are you tonight" and I said "fine" at which point they went into full crazy mode. Asked me the same "how are you" question a few times in rapid fire and then started to get up, but luckily they stumbled and then started saying allllll kinds of crazy shit that made zero sense. I got out of there quick.

Some wanna be pimp that looked like a James Brown impersonator asked me to sell him some weed because I was walking down the street with a hand rolled cigarette. I showed him the pack and was like "It's just Kite, but I can roll you one if you want" and he said no, it was ok.

About 15 years ago, I was sitting at a cafe with a group of friends, half watching a mentally ill homeless guy shuffling past talking to himself. He suddenly stopped, as though he had run into a pole and turned towards us. He spoke for about 40 seconds, but what he said was enough to convince most of us that he had detailed knowledge of each of our pasts; and foreknowledge of the kind of lives each of us would live.

It pretty much killed the conversation and we were all still talking about it weeks later. I can't remember what he said about the others, but the few very specific words he said to me have been pretty accurate (whether it be by prediction, or by suggestion I don't know).

Being in a wheelchair elicits very unusual reactions so I've had plenty of interesting encounters.

Recently, I was at a tea house and a man (complete stranger) approached me and basically forced me to shake his hand and got very chummy with me, like we were just the greatest of pals and I was the best person ever.

I'm not an idiot. It's very patronizing when people do these things, even if their intent might seem good to them.

One time, a woman came up to me completely randomly and asked me if I could feel my legs. I said no, and her response was "God has a plan for you" and then she walked away.

Another gentleman a while back approached me and looked at me directly very intensely and said "Jesus loves you, you know" and I didn't really know how to respond so I just said thanks and he walked off.

Unrelated to me being in a wheelchair, I encountered a homeless person one time that was very, very insane. Probably on some drugs but I didn't stick around long enough to really figure it out. They were sitting outside on the ground against a wall that I passed. At first they asked me something somewhat normally like "how are you tonight" and I said "fine" at which point they went into full crazy mode. Asked me the same "how are you" question a few times in rapid fire and then started to get up, but luckily they stumbled and then started saying allllll kinds of crazy shit that made zero sense. I got out of there quick.
[MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION] I'd have fake plaster casts made for both legs, to be used when going through public areas. (Either flexible, with seam at the back; or loose, so I could slip them over my feet/legs). That way people would assume that I'm able-bodied injured, but recovering - and thus avoid at least some patronising attention.

Last edited:
I'd have fake plaster casts made for both legs, to be used when going through public areas. (Either flexible, with seam at the back; or loose, so I could slip them over my feet/legs). That way people would assume that I'm able-bodied injured, but recovering - and thus avoid at least some patronising attention.

I don't really follow your logic here. I'd need one of those crappy hospital wheelchairs to really pull that off. Even then, I'm sure I'd get approached with concern and pity and all sorts of things.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I don't really follow your logic here. I'd need one of those crappy hospital wheelchairs to really pull that off. Even then, I'm sure I'd get approached with concern and pity and all sorts of things.

It's just what I'd consider doing.

Last edited:
[MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION] I'd have fake plaster casts made for both legs, to be used when going through public areas. (Either flexible, with seam at the back; or loose, so I could slip them over my feet/legs). That way people would assume that I'm able-bodied injured, but recovering - and thus avoid at least some patronising attention.

If it were me I would make it a skull throne on wheels with flames coming out the side and wrought iron features so that all people can think about is how badass the chair is.

Thanks for writing about this. My dad, who is blind, has had many similar experiences. Once he was sitting at an outdoor cafe happily drinking his coffee when someone walked by and dumped a bunch of change in his cup. Similarly to you, people come up to him and tell him God/Jesus has a plan and that God loves him and that a miracle will heal him etc. Or that God/Jesus loves "cripples" most and etc. People also routinely tell him he is very "brave" or "courageous. As if he has a choice in the matter. Like he so bravely went blind of choice or something. The alternative to living as a non-sighted person being he should what? Kill himself because he is blind? I get mad about these kind of approaches, but he doesn't really care and responds usually very graciously. People also ask him if he sees in his dreams. Answer (in case anyone is wondering) because I am guilty of asking this question myself: Yes.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing about this. My dad, who is blind, has had many similar experiences. Once he was sitting at an outdoor cafe happily drinking his coffee when someone walked by and dumped a bunch of change in his cup. Similarly to you, people come up to him and tell him God/Jesus has a plan and that God loves him and that a miracle will heal him etc. Or that God/Jesus love "cripples" most and etc. People also routinely tell him he is very "brave" or "courageous. As if he has a choice in the matter. Like he so bravely went blind of choice or something. The alternative to living as a non-sighted person being he should what? Kill himself because he is blind? I get mad about these kind of approaches, but he doesn't really care and responds usually very graciously. People also ask him if he sees in his dreams. Answer (in case anyone is wondering) because I am guilty of asking this question myself: Yes.

Oh yea I get the brave thing a lot too. It just makes me smile really. Like I don't even have to do anything but exist for people to think I'm great! Haha! Thanks peeps, just livin' my life though.

I made this since there seems to be some interest. Hopefully it will enlighten people to other's circumstances and they can better recognize/empathize with a wheelchair user or any other person with a disability.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wheelchairs.jpg
    Wheelchairs.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: hush
I normally avoid interaction/conversation pretty energetically, so I don't have many encounters. You could say, maybe, that all of my encounters are most unusual. :m024: