Midlife Crisis? | INFJ Forum

Midlife Crisis?

That's the main reason I dislike evolutionary psychology, they base all their explanations on the fact that men look for women for procreation, and women look for men based on how much investment the man is going to give her and their offspring.

Last edited:
That's the main reason I dislike evolutionary psychology, they base all their explanations on the fact that men look for women for procreation, and women look for men based on how much investment the man is going to give her and their offspring.

But how can you question such immortal truths?

There is another article where the same author asks (seriously) why teenage girls don't swoon for middle-aged billionaires. I can't imagine.

I had a social psychology prof who said some things that I found really annoying along the same lines, and I'm trying to remember what he said that was so annoying.

On an MBTI based forum, I'd expect more support for the theory that the midlife crisis is caused by the emergence of the inferior function.

On an MBTI based forum, I'd expect more support for the theory that the midlife crisis is caused by the emergence of the inferior function.

That would explain why most people(SJ & SP) become more reflective as they mature since they get in touch with their intuitive abilities, and why others (N's) become more engaging with their life by doing things they never did when they were young as they get more in touch with their sensing functions.

Last edited: