the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
How do you define psychologically healthy? What do psychologically healthy/ unhealthy people do?

Psychologically healthy....
Doesn't have to mean having zero issues, but having less of them (running wildly, madly) in their life and most importantly, those issues have less power in their lives.
Doesn't have to mean being untouchable, but being able to not let any problems and matters control their lives, behaviors, attitudes.
Doesn't have to mean being all happy everytime, but having a willingness to feel everything-- yet being free from their control.
Doesn't have to mean having a rose-tinted glasses / perfect outlook on the world and its meaning, but a healthy perspective from which it's possible to build their lives, and psyche, in a good, non-damaging manner.
Doesn't have to mean being extroverted (outgoing, charming, etc) or introverted (calm, rational, relaxed), but being able to express yourself in a manner that is both a) free, and b) doesn't hurt them, or others.
Doesn't have to mean being perfect or successful or flawless, but being able to live well and contribute in society without compromising themselves -and- harming others.
Doesn't have to mean having a perfect wisdom, but having a willingness to experience, to learn, to be wrong.

Now psychology unhealthy people..
Paraphrasing from Anna Karenina; "“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

After my sister died, and another traumatic incident, I was psychologically very unwell for years. I had to see a psychiatrist after, as my family Dr. Did not want to leave me unattended after the shock. My sister and I were extremely closed. I was diagnosed with severe depression. I could have picked up my own copy of the DSM IV and said the same, but...eventually, It lifted, eventually. Ten years later...Being that I've been there, I must say, there is a normal. Everybody has certain degrees of relation to neurosis, but it's all about the degree. I can see, with my own blindness to my small messes, how a hoarder can shut enough of themselves off to allow their reality to festor, or how addiction slips in, and so on. Mental illness, for the most part, impedes acts of daily living. It makes small things seem impossible, or the impossible possible. It can distort perception to a degree where it no longer has a productive place in society. Right now, much of the treatment For it, remains a black art.