MBTI Confusion | INFJ Forum

MBTI Confusion

rbecca23

Regular Poster
May 17, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
I've had an interesting time trying to determine my MBTI. I took the test back in September and was an INFJ across the board. I decided I wanted to see if I had changed as I've undergone emotional trauma since about December.
I took three different tests a couple different times.
These were my results:

INTP
INFP
ENTP
INTJ

I really don't know what I am. Why do you think that is?

Should I wait for a time when my life is more stable and see if the results are more consistent?

I've had an interesting time trying to determine my MBTI. I took the test back in September and was an INFJ across the board. I decided I wanted to see if I had changed as I've undergone emotional trauma since about December.
I took three different tests a couple different times.
These were my results:

INTP
INFP
ENTP
INTJ

I really don't know what I am. Why do you think that is?

Should I wait for a time when my life is more stable and see if the results are more consistent?

Well under stressful conditions one's type may be hard to identify as you may hop out of your usual methods of dealing with the world and temporarily adopt others that help you cope with the situations at hand.

Maybe you should try your hand at a cognitive function test,taking under consideration different situations when answering the questions. Bear in mind,however, that the test is inaccurate to some extent I believe; it may not provide you with the correct type. So the results may be considered open to interpretation.

Here is a link to one of the tests:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Well under stressful conditions one's type may be hard to identify as you may hop out of your usual methods of dealing with the world and temporarily adopt others that help you cope with the situations at hand.

Agreed.

Also, you may be one of those 'inbetweens'; have you checked the percentage between your F and T, J and P? If it's around 50s, then you're one of those, whose J-ness and F-ness may change within the day....

...but don't be scared / less INFJ-like, because in the end your choice and belief still rules over, and even if you're not INFJ, you're not any less worthy. :D