Mass Migration | INFJ Forum

Mass Migration

Nov 24, 2014
MBTI
ENTJ-A
Enneagram
Probably Nine
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-population-jumps-in-some-european-countries/

"The recent historic migration surge into Europe has led to a large increase in the immigrant share of populations in many nations there, with the notable exceptions of the UK and France, which saw more modest increases, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of United Nations and Eurostat data.

From July 2015 to May 2016, more than 1 million people applied for asylum in Europe. The immigrant share of the population increased most during this time in Sweden, Hungary, Austria and Norway, which each saw an increase of at least 1 percentage point. While that rise might seem small, even a 1-point increase in a single year is rare, especially in Western countries."

If you don't feel like clicking on the link here's the short version: Sweden and many other countries accepted lots of lots of migrants last year.

So, say Sweden accepts the same amount of migrants every year for the next ten years. That's another fifteen percent of their population that doesn't share the Swedish ethnicity/culture/religion/whatever. And what if that continues for another ten years? That's another fifteen percent, which means Sweden will only be about half Swedish by 2036. This is some rather inaccurate calculating - forgive me - but you get the point and the point is valid. Also, this is not taking into account that Muslims/Africans typically have much higher fertility rates than native Europeans and most of these migrants are Muslim/African.

This, of course, is happening to most Western countries. European populations are being slowly replaced by migrants. This is partly because of mass migration and partly because of absolutely awful fertility rates. Germany's fertility rate is about 1.3, for example, which means 1.3 children per woman. That's nowhere near replacement level, which means the native German population is shrinking very rapidly. The information supporting this is everywhere. I'm not going to bother posting a link.

So, my question is this, discounting Islam and the general primitiveness of the third world peoples and considering only the demographic effect: how can you support mass migration (accepting "refugees" equates to supporting mass migration) knowing that many Western countries will cease to have native/European majorities in the next three or four decades?

Feel free to share other thoughts too.

Last edited:
I won't bother sharing my own views. But here's an interesting article I read the other week:

"Lord Sacks: demographic decline heralds fall of West"
http://www.mercatornet.com/demography/view/lord-sacks-demographic-decline-heralds-fall-of-west/18193

“But among a list of problems he said neither the market nor the state could ultimately solve he singled out the “collapse" of birth-rates throughout Europe.

This, he said had led directly to 'unprecedented levels of immigration that are now the only way the West can sustain its population'.

But he added that there had been a 'systemic failure' to integrate new arrivals.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, he said similar falling birthrates had been the hallmark of the last days of the Roman Empire.

There was, he said, 'no question' that this poses a serious threat to the future of western civilisation as we know it.

'The contemporary historian of ancient Greece and ancient Rome saw their civilisations begin their decline and fall, both the Greeks and the Romans attributed it to falling birth rates because nobody wanted the responsibilities of bringing up children,' he said.

'They were too focussed on enjoying the present to make the sacrifices necessary to build the future …. all the historians of civilisation have told the same story.'”

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
I won't bother sharing my own views. But here's an interesting article I read the other week:

"Lord Sacks: demographic decline heralds fall of West"
http://www.mercatornet.com/demography/view/lord-sacks-demographic-decline-heralds-fall-of-west/18193

Indeed, that is an interesting article.

"Why are we facing this collapse? Because of our addiction to debt, because of the breakdown of the family unit, because of the growing gap between the super rich and the rest. But most importantly, because of our demographic crisis in which the current generation does not want the responsibility of child rearing.

But what about large scale immigration? Isn't that the solution to demographic decline? No, says Lord Sacks. Because for immigration to bolster a culture, new arrivals need to integrate into the destination society. But when that society has lost its cultural memory through short attention spans and lack of cohesion and is no longer underpinned by a largely-shared religious faith, then there is no culture for immigrants to integrate into. In short, immigrants may prop up the economy, but immigrants won't ensure the continuation of Western civilization."

I feel these words are almost entirely correct.

Christianity needs to be returned to its proper place at the center of Western culture. There is, of course, tremendous opposition to that idea.. by those who are focused on problems that by comparison barely exist. That, and they're so self-serving and shortsighted they're only concerned with what affects them in the present or a week from now. Likely future disasters don't matter to them because they're decades away.

I'm really only echoing what the article said though. It contains a lot of truth.

Edit for clarity: I'm very opposed to immigration and mass migration. We can certainly survive without migrants. We simply have to restore having children/child rearing as a cultural imperative, which can be elegantly achieved by returning Christianity to the center of Western culture. Also, anyone who supports mass migration supports ending Western civilization, because not only do immigrants fail to assimilate, they also bring their own cultures with them and they conflict with ours.

It's also important to note that race is a key element of this. Western society is white society and in order to retain its identity it must remain largely white. Other races can come here, but they are not us. They will never be us. We are distinct peoples.

Last edited: