[PUG] - Male Rape | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Male Rape

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by slant, May 26, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
More threads by slant
  1. slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Ooooooh.

Bomb drop. Kerrrr-Plunk!

Slant's done it again. She's mentioned a topic that none of us want to talk about, a topic so sensitive, so raw, that some people will protest it full heartedly.

Male Rape.

It only happens in prisons.
    Adult men cannot sexually be assaulted by women.
    He wanted it.

Every heard any of these familiar male rape myths?

For decades, Men have been silenced in this arena.

Women are weak and frail, but men are big and strong.

If they're assaulted, they can fight it off, even if they're 12, 13. Even 7. No matter how ridiculous it sounds these ideas and biases have been engrained in us at birth. Some of us have been taught to believe that male rape victims are actually gay, and therefore they solicited the attack. Women are too innocent and weak to ever rape a man. Those teenage students whose teachers come on to them are supposed to be LUCKY.

I think the world, and us as a community, need to step out of our gender bias box. Male Rape is just as serious as an issue as anything else, and there are plenty of survivors who can't come out with their story because of social pressures.

This is a male's rights issue.

Men are fighting for their rights to be equals---socially. They refuse to be confined by the box of social stereotypes, that they must be the strong ones, that they can never fail or become weakened. Despite this, I haven't really seen anything done to campaign that Male Rape is actually real. What's up with that?

Whats your opinion on Male Rape? Experience, stories? Expel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    the likes this.
  2. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    sexual assault is abhorrent, regardless of the gender of the victim or perpetrator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    My biggest concern with it is that it happens so much in prisons. It shouldn't be allowed to happen in prisons, but it happens at alarming rates. That is something that really needs to be addressed.

4. That Girl

That Girl Do you have my answers?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    I'm confused as to why you think you've brought up an untouchable topic. It's obviously something that needs to addressed. Rape is not a crime of sex, it is a crime of power. The sex of the person isn't usually the issue. It's that the person committing the crime feels more powerful having done it.

acd, J. Cardigan and dneecey like this.
  5. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    When any female misuses her feminine powers to get every advantages from male, then believe me this is male rape.

I agree with may's response. It is so true.

6. dneecey

dneecey I am who I am.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    ^^ This.

7. OP
    slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    This is a fantastic resource: http://www.aest.org.uk/survivors/male/myths_about_male_rape.htm

here are some quotes I liked about it:

8. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    +2

#8 Gaze, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  9. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Also worried about the prison rape thing. Most Prison Guards have to be corrupt to allow that. Also, prisons seem designed to allow it to happen.

10. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    not disagreeing with you, but what's that got to do with whether it's a crime or not? it might be motivated by a need to feel powerful, but even if it's motivated by anything else it would still be a crime.

11. OP
    slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9

It may not seem that way to you, but Male Rape is a sensitive and very unlikeable. Males tend to be the ones to disbelief it, even if they were a victim of it themselves, because of social pressure.

Male Rape is NOT considered a serious issue by most persons. That's why it is never discussed.

12. That Girl

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    What? No. It is a crime but the sex of the victim doesn't matter.

13. OP
    slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    A lot of the Prison Guards are the ones doing it. -cough-

14. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    When any gender tries to rape on opposite sex, they think they will enjoy having sex with using power. But damn foolish they are, they don't know nothing can't be achieved by force. Force crushes everything. Plus i will say, thoughts with full of rape, says about lot of things and person must be mentally ill and he/she will be prone to do so. Rape is against of natural laws. Some laws are created by nature.

I hate this thing, serious hate this. If i am judge of any country's court, i will punish them for publicly hanged. No rape, No crime. Live life with peace.

15. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    yes but you said the issue is that the rapist does it to feel powerful, i inferred that to mean the severity of the crime was related to this need, and i didn't agree with that (hope that makes sense?)

16. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I love you slant. Finally sees that men aren't always treated as equal. Wow what a concept.

Great post and very important issue. my best suggest is to simply accept that it exists and offer similar services that women have available. Its made into a bigger issue than it should.

17. dneecey

dneecey I am who I am.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I also find it ridiculous that male rape is considered a non issue to some, as you say Slant. Rape in any context is a serious issue regardless of gender, in my opinion. But I also don't see a problem with you stirring the pot, in order to shine light on the issue. I only don't like the fact that you made it seem in your initial post like it would be something that people would see and disbelieve or disagree on talking about, especially on this forum. It could be taken as an insult to our openmindedness.

18. That Girl

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Oh. No, I meant that the crime (regardless of the severity) doesn't have to do with sex. That's all. I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was better or worse because of this.

19. OP
    slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    People whom I've discussed it with, 6/10, especially if they are male, will laugh. They will try to deny it or act like they've never heard of such a thing.

It isn't assuming that the forums aren't openminded, it's just stating, for more persons, this is controversial.

20. dneecey

dneecey I am who I am.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I see.