slant

Capitalist pig
Donor
Dec 30, 2008
MBTI
None
Ooooooh.

Bomb drop. Kerrrr-Plunk!

Slant's done it again. She's mentioned a topic that none of us want to talk about, a topic so sensitive, so raw, that some people will protest it full heartedly.

Male Rape.

It only happens in prisons.
Adult men cannot sexually be assaulted by women.
He wanted it.

Every heard any of these familiar male rape myths?

For decades, Men have been silenced in this arena.

Women are weak and frail, but men are big and strong.

If they're assaulted, they can fight it off, even if they're 12, 13. Even 7. No matter how ridiculous it sounds these ideas and biases have been engrained in us at birth. Some of us have been taught to believe that male rape victims are actually gay, and therefore they solicited the attack. Women are too innocent and weak to ever rape a man. Those teenage students whose teachers come on to them are supposed to be LUCKY.

I think the world, and us as a community, need to step out of our gender bias box. Male Rape is just as serious as an issue as anything else, and there are plenty of survivors who can't come out with their story because of social pressures.

This is a male's rights issue.

Men are fighting for their rights to be equals---socially. They refuse to be confined by the box of social stereotypes, that they must be the strong ones, that they can never fail or become weakened. Despite this, I haven't really seen anything done to campaign that Male Rape is actually real. What's up with that?

Whats your opinion on Male Rape? Experience, stories? Expel.

Reactions: the
sexual assault is abhorrent, regardless of the gender of the victim or perpetrator.

My biggest concern with it is that it happens so much in prisons. It shouldn't be allowed to happen in prisons, but it happens at alarming rates. That is something that really needs to be addressed.

I'm confused as to why you think you've brought up an untouchable topic. It's obviously something that needs to addressed. Rape is not a crime of sex, it is a crime of power. The sex of the person isn't usually the issue. It's that the person committing the crime feels more powerful having done it.

When any female misuses her feminine powers to get every advantages from male, then believe me this is male rape.

I agree with may's response. It is so true.

I'm confused as to why you think you've brought up an untouchable topic. It's obviously something that needs to addressed. Rape is not a crime of sex, it is a crime of power. The sex of the person isn't usually the issue. It's that the person committing the crime feels more powerful having done it.

^^ This.

This is a fantastic resource: http://www.aest.org.uk/survivors/male/myths_about_male_rape.htm

here are some quotes I liked about it:

Myth: Getting an erection or ejaculation during sexual assault means you "really wanted it" or consented to it.

Reality: This is one of the things that can cause male rape survivors a lot of confusion and guilt when they do not know how things work. For a start I can honestly say that getting an erection shows nothing other than your body responds how it is suppose to do. It is a totally normal thing to happen and has nothing to do with desire. Have you never been on a bus, or sat in an office meeting, and it has gone hard all by it's self for no reason ?

Basically, unless you have some medical condition that stops you then you will get an erection when it is manipulated. It is a result of stimulation, and it does not matter if you do not want it to happen or not. There is little you can do to stop it most of the time.

Sadly, some males become confused and think an erection equals arousal equals them wanting it. In reality all it means is that part of the body has nerve endings that respond to touch and that touch can be wanted or not wanted, pleasant or non pleasant. With lubricant you will have even less choice as to how it responds to touch. It is the same as the body will respond to someone tickling you and you will probably laugh, but if it is done at a time or by a person you do not want to tickle you it will still respond.

If you were penetrated, the pressure in the prostate gland (see diagram below) also will cause an erection. Anyone who has ever had a DRE (short for Digital Rectal Exam) of the prostate at their doctors will know that getting an erection often happens during the examination.

Myth: Adult men cannot be sexually assaulted by women.

Reality: Although the majority of reported perpetrators are male, (97 to 98%), women can, and do, also sexually assault men but is seldom reported... not that many males feel safe reporting rape anyway.

If you include emotional blackmail as a way of giving the victim no choice, then the number greatly increases. Also don't think that if a woman rapes you that you have to penetrate her, there are such things as vibrators that she can use on you as well.

If you think a female can not force a male to get an erection against his will, think again, you have little (to no) control over that part of your body with your will power.

Think it can never happen? see abducted adult male abused by females among others, but please don't say "i wish" unless you want your testicles destroyed as much as his :(

Think you could never be forced to gain an erection? Wait till the most important football match you ever want to watch is on TV, then see if your partner can distract that part of your body against your will :)
You will lose every time.

Think an unconscious (drunk or drugged etc ) male can not get an erection ? ... never woken up with morning "wood" or it happen on a bus or at the supermarket, or work, against your will .... the mind has little control on getting it to just go away *sigh*

People who suffer from impotence often just need a vacuum pump (or a mouth) and a rubber band and it will stay hard as long as they need. Also see here .(BBC Horizon program).... if they can get a medically induced unconscious rhino, gorilla, etc, to ejaculate what chance does that give a man ?

+2

Last edited:
Also worried about the prison rape thing. Most Prison Guards have to be corrupt to allow that. Also, prisons seem designed to allow it to happen.

not disagreeing with you, but what's that got to do with whether it's a crime or not? it might be motivated by a need to feel powerful, but even if it's motivated by anything else it would still be a crime.

It may not seem that way to you, but Male Rape is a sensitive and very unlikeable. Males tend to be the ones to disbelief it, even if they were a victim of it themselves, because of social pressure.

Male Rape is NOT considered a serious issue by most persons. That's why it is never discussed.

not disagreeing with you, but what's that got to do with whether it's a crime or not? it might be motivated by a need to feel powerful, but even if it's motivated by anything else it would still be a crime.

What? No. It is a crime but the sex of the victim doesn't matter.

Also worried about the prison rape thing. Most Prison Guards have to be corrupt to allow that. Also, prisons seem designed to allow it to happen.

A lot of the Prison Guards are the ones doing it. -cough-

When any gender tries to rape on opposite sex, they think they will enjoy having sex with using power. But damn foolish they are, they don't know nothing can't be achieved by force. Force crushes everything. Plus i will say, thoughts with full of rape, says about lot of things and person must be mentally ill and he/she will be prone to do so. Rape is against of natural laws. Some laws are created by nature.

I hate this thing, serious hate this. If i am judge of any country's court, i will punish them for publicly hanged. No rape, No crime. Live life with peace.

yes but you said the issue is that the rapist does it to feel powerful, i inferred that to mean the severity of the crime was related to this need, and i didn't agree with that (hope that makes sense?)

Ooooooh.

Bomb drop. Kerrrr-Plunk!

Slant's done it again. She's mentioned a topic that none of us want to talk about, a topic so sensitive, so raw, that some people will protest it full heartedly.

Male Rape.

It only happens in prisons.
Adult men cannot sexually be assaulted by women.
He wanted it.

Every heard any of these familiar male rape myths?

For decades, Men have been silenced in this arena.

Women are weak and frail, but men are big and strong.

If they're assaulted, they can fight it off, even if they're 12, 13. Even 7. No matter how ridiculous it sounds these ideas and biases have been engrained in us at birth. Some of us have been taught to believe that male rape victims are actually gay, and therefore they solicited the attack. Women are too innocent and weak to ever rape a man. Those teenage students whose teachers come on to them are supposed to be LUCKY.

I think the world, and us as a community, need to step out of our gender bias box. Male Rape is just as serious as an issue as anything else, and there are plenty of survivors who can't come out with their story because of social pressures.

This is a male's rights issue.

Men are fighting for their rights to be equals---socially. They refuse to be confined by the box of social stereotypes, that they must be the strong ones, that they can never fail or become weakened. Despite this, I haven't really seen anything done to campaign that Male Rape is actually real. What's up with that?

Whats your opinion on Male Rape? Experience, stories? Expel.

I love you slant. Finally sees that men aren't always treated as equal. Wow what a concept.

Great post and very important issue. my best suggest is to simply accept that it exists and offer similar services that women have available. Its made into a bigger issue than it should.

I also find it ridiculous that male rape is considered a non issue to some, as you say Slant. Rape in any context is a serious issue regardless of gender, in my opinion. But I also don't see a problem with you stirring the pot, in order to shine light on the issue. I only don't like the fact that you made it seem in your initial post like it would be something that people would see and disbelieve or disagree on talking about, especially on this forum. It could be taken as an insult to our openmindedness.

yes but you said the issue is that the rapist does it to feel powerful, i inferred that to mean the severity of the crime was related to this need, and i didn't agree with that (hope that makes sense?)

Oh. No, I meant that the crime (regardless of the severity) doesn't have to do with sex. That's all. I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was better or worse because of this.

I also find it ridiculous that male rape is considered a non issue to some, as you say Slant. Rape in any context is a serious issue regardless of gender, in my opinion. But I also don't see a problem with you stirring the pot, in order to shine light on the issue. I only don't like the fact that you made it seem in your initial post like it would be something that people would see and disbelieve or disagree on talking about, especially on this forum. It could be taken as an insult to our openmindedness.

People whom I've discussed it with, 6/10, especially if they are male, will laugh. They will try to deny it or act like they've never heard of such a thing.

It isn't assuming that the forums aren't openminded, it's just stating, for more persons, this is controversial.

People whom I've discussed it with, 6/10, especially if they are male, will laugh. They will try to deny it or act like they've never heard of such a thing.

It isn't assuming that the forums aren't openminded, it's just stating, for more persons, this is controversial.

I see.