Maintaining Sanity in This Crazy World | INFJ Forum

Maintaining Sanity in This Crazy World

larcipelago

Community Member
Jan 4, 2020
MBTI
?
How to maintain our sanity in this crazy world?

Covid is around, some may feel depressed of the lockdown. Some friends just missed what is normal conversation is like.

Some oldies realized one by one his friends were gone. Some dont believe Covid exists and they blame the conspiracy theory that caused their income depreciated.

In the red zone, some people dont really care anymore about they could get infected. Some got vaccinated, but the virus mutated. This led to opinions that vaccines are useless (my reading concludes an effective vaccine needs to be tested at least 100 years before it can be convinced they are effective).

News about corruptions were all over the headlines, people say as long as you get money, mind corruptions. At hospitals, some staff admin saying to non-covid patients: "dont you want some incentives and subsidy if the doctor declared u Covid positive? That can be arranged you know that?"

Some maintain morality, some dont care.

Meanwhile, introverts are still staying to remain sane, though surprises after surprises coming from their smartphones.

Introvert: "oh shit, he/she is at my age, and now he/she is gone (as Covid killing their friends). Ah well, he/she got some other illnesses, no wonder (continue playing smartphones and busy thinking what is the next emoticons to send).

The tick tock is when some unfortunate see their money in bank account, which is depreciating, and they were amazed. "This couldnt be happening, I ve got some bills to pay."

The govt is in mumbo jumbo about subsidy and incentives, people are blaming authorities for inabilities to maintain people's welfare.

At the end of the day, in the wake of another lockdown, some white collar spending times seeing their room, laptops, tv, smartphones, bathroom, bed, again, some exercise in morning, but also realize "we can never have normal life anymore."

The blue collar? Trying to gather strength in search of money they could find anywhere.

In many times, it amazed me, as I do some reporting, people are saying "No" when being asked to do something they believe "immoral".

My report on the street:

Administrative staff at hospital to patient: "Dont u want your health subsidy for being declared Covid positive?"

Patient: "No, you m*the f****, just give me the needed medicine and make me pay the necessary bill, I want to go home before I got infected by the real Covid. By the way, your job isnt only to treat Covid you know? There are many diseases out there, typhoid, dengue etc."

Me: (Amazed)

At the street:

People: "Hey, why dont u wear masks?"
People (not wearing mask): "What is Covid? It is a conspiracy to tear down the economy. Now just shut up, I need to make a living. U bloody rich, tomorrow u still have ur food on your plate, my family? None!

Me: (Amazed)

What is right and what is wrong nowadays runs on a very thin line.

Me,
July 4th, 2021

#Writing in full consciousness, realizing that one day thus mind will also be torn down, recycled, if not because of Covid, may be due to other health problem or age decays.

#and still believing one day our grandchildren will conquer galaxy. What is happening today? It is just a matter of natural filtering processes.

No faith in humanity lost.

Last edited:
Yes the world is insane...
~

I got depressed for a long time about the state of the world and not being able to do much to fix it. I had quite bad cognitive dissonance.

It is frustrating, and sad, and heartwrenching... But, here goes an old cliché saying... Just... Try your best, be charitable when you can...

I mean... Well, maybe I'm being hypocritical here, because I worry too, but I know I can't fix much...so I'll try and help with what I can do.

Hope you'll feel better soon.

I wonder what other kind of replies this thread will get.

To revive an old thread, a lot of what has been happening lately seems to align well with the Hindu age of Kali Yuga. The specific dates of this period vary greatly so it's hard to justify based solely of the scriptures but some people believe we most likely are within this period. It's characterised by chaos, stress & uncertainty and moral degeneration.

"Hindus believe that human civilization degenerates spiritually during the Kali Yuga"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

To revive an old thread, a lot of what has been happening lately seems to align well with the Hindu age of Kali Yuga. The specific dates of this period vary greatly so it's hard to justify based solely of the scriptures but some people believe we most likely are within this period. It's characterised by chaos, stress & uncertainty and moral degeneration.

"Hindus believe that human civilization degenerates spiritually during the Kali Yuga"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Agreed. I learned of this Hindu teaching by studying the cycles of Precession of the Equinoxes which describe the progression and movement of the planet (along with the Solar system of course) relative to the center of the milky way galaxy.

Here's someone I've watched off and on over the last years and she describes how the Ages affect our levels of awareness and consciousness.

Agreed. I learned of this Hindu teaching by studying the cycles of Precession of the Equinoxes which describe the progression and movement of the planet (along with the Solar system of course) relative to the center of the milky way galaxy.

Here's someone I've watched off and on over the last years and she describes how the Ages affect our levels of awareness and consciousness.

Great post, I probably would of found it on your blog but it is quiet large.

I never really even thought of the whole might is right thing it makes so much sense, I could never understand why some personalities just want to dominate people, and ya that's their philosophy if I can dominate you then it's your fault. Wild philosophy.

Great post, I probably would of found it on your blog but it is quiet large.

I never really even thought of the whole might is right thing it makes so much sense, I could never understand why some personalities just want to dominate people, and ya that's their philosophy if I can dominate you then it's your fault. Wild philosophy.

I knowwww!! Right? :D
When I heard her explain the ages and how everything/everyone/the teachings becomes distorted and dark....especially ourselves.... I became very calm. This helps me maintain my own balance and equanimity in my life when I look out on to the world around me.
Because....yep...humanity is following along with what's supposed to be happening now. It makes sense...and I don't have to worry about humanity any more. We will rise.